Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[RANT] Clans

For all things AoS!

Re: [RANT] Clans

Postby CobaltCloud » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Nice post! I read the entire thing and agree with most of your statements. I met someone a few days ago (I will refrain from sharing his/her name)who had some sort of vendetta against all clans. He questioned why one would join a clan/make a clan for any other reason than to boost their ego.

I, of course retaliated saying that clans are important because they are something that keeps you playing. I get home from school sometimes and think "hey...I should get on AoS right now, _______ might be on!" Clans make bonds last, and make them appear more often. It adds a bit mre stimulation other than just playing the game. You engage in activities with your clan mates, like clan matches, forum games, steam, etc. It also gives a sense of organization. Its like having your very own community within another.

As for smaller clans, it can on rare occasions, become something a can should NOT be. A group of whiners that think they are the top of the world for mashing up a clan of "pro" players, and going on servers to piss off other players. I think they are barely different from the clans that aren't full of conceded ducking idiots. The are just having fun, I just ignore them.

The people that think to highly of themselves, I usually see get torn apart in our community, which is a good and bad thing. I think people can change. After I tear someone to bits on a server for being full of themselves, I usually apologize, and try to make friends with that person. Thats all I really have to say. :P

I think we need more people like this in our community as a whole. Thank you very much for posting!
IGN:[Delta]Cloud
CobaltCloud
[DELTA] Member

Postby TheSifodias » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:23 am

Amazing post and great job. You took up all the issues that many clan leaders overlook and put it before the community and restricted it to higher intellect. Not only that, I can relate to this article in several articles in-game.
Yet, a few notes:
- As most people have said, more popular clans never have these types of issues. They are filled with veteran players who understand this kind of behavior.
- Being a clan leader is just one excuse for this type of behavior, and bloated pride will stay with that person regardless of his position.

But great article! I should be more careful of my own boasting.

@Cloud: This is just my opinion, but people who think highly of themselves don't need friends, they need a reality check.

P.S: A potential argument against your case would be to simply "toughen up". After all, that's quite a large rant for one person.
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby Frostified » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:00 am

tld;dr version please?
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 am

Frostified wrote:tld;dr version please?

Some clan leader tried to belittle 9001 because he wasn't in a clan.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Scipion » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:45 pm

No offence, but everything after the third paragraph, when you covered the basic idea, became dull and repetitive. Mixing in a couple of "fancy" words doesn't make the post better or more intelligent. The post does stand out from the rest of the forums, I'll give you that. But that's only because the quality of the forum posts isn't very high. I had to force myself to read this untill the end.
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Becool362 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 am

I would just like to say that there are many small clans out there who do, do this for the alter ego but these persons are the people who only think about themselves and think they have the bigger power.

Yes I'm a leader of a small clan but i don't go around asking people that your noobs, stupid or even can't play. Because I assure you that i know many players who are better than me XD

Also a clan isn't all that useless. Its a way to get people together and actually work as a team. You don't always find people who just move together trying to get to the intel or most kills. They usually adventure by themsleves into death. Clans also bring people together and make friendship within a game. Because when i came to Aos for the first time i never knew anyone or became friends wit anyone. But when i joined my first clan i became to understand more about this game and how things work and roll.

Also any age can run a clan I know a person who is 11 and his clan is great (btw this isn't me XD) and his organising looks magnificent and well operated. Any age can run a clan but that person needs to know how.

But yes i agree with you entirely and these people do need to be stopped! But don't always be reassuring that his happens to everyone because in realality it doesn't it just depends on the person.

Rainbow Dash is the Best Pony, No wait I am.
Becool362

Postby jdrewlowery » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:34 pm

i agree to a point . most people know i hate the komardes . not just because the crouch spam but also because when they join most people get scared . im not saying the komrades exploit this im just saying if you see a bunch of clan members working together in game dont be afraid . see if you can team up too . i dont feel clans are useless because when i left my first clan i was all alone and was about to quit until i met spqr . if it hadnt been for them i would have quit a long time ago . i may not have been in any meetings or anything yet but its the fact im part of something that keeps my spirts high .
thankyou SPQR :)
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kodiak » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 am

I agree with this most pretty much in its entirety. Many clan leaders believe that in creating a clan that they will automatically receive an unmerited degree of respect across the wider community, and are shocked to find that this is generally not the case. From my own experience in the clan community which is somewhat extensive, the best clans are a reflection of their leaders and a stalwart clanbase. Earning respect amongst other clans and the community as a whole is a tough, lengthy road to walk and many new clan leaders and members often only realise this once it's too late (Eg. myself and Enclave).
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby Becool362 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:19 pm

I totally agree with Kodiak :D

The road is tough at the beggining. But once you start becoming allies with a few clans you notice a slight change on how things work. I know this because 2 allied clans are very helpful and supportive. Soon your allies might start events with you and start to interact with more things in your and that great. But some people don't notice this.

A clan does not thrive on strength and numbers its the relationships between its members and its leader/s. But yes do try and become friends with other clans because if you help them they will help you.

Becool362

Postby MerrickXasis » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 am

This is quite amazing...I myself have a distaste for the way the concept of "Clans" work in AoS, but never found a good way to put it into words.

You deserve some internets for this, though I too wonder how you were led to such a bleak moment of despair as to warrant typing this out in its entirety.
I am a single bullet.
It has no heart.
Therefore, it does not think.
It just flies straight towards its target.
MerrickXasis

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 pm

i like how long all the responses are at an attempt to be as pompous as the op.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby HoboHob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

ThisFrickinSite wrote:i like how long all the responses are at an attempt to be as pompous as the op.

I literally lol'ed at this.

Like seriously, laughed out loud.
HoboHob

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 pm

^Why? Its what's going on.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Becool362 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:27 am

No i think its becuase they have alot to say Derp. XD

Becool362

Postby Kodiak » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:i like how long all the responses are at an attempt to be as pompous as the op.

Welcome to intelligent discussion.

:)))))
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion