Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

story line???

For all things AoS!

story line???

Postby ozone » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:24 pm

so i heard some where that this game takes place in the Vietnam war now i can understand that as the rifle (I think is) based of of the M14 which was in nam the smg which is obviously based around an MP5 which the first MP5s came in 1966 which was during war time (but don't trust black ops the first MP5s were caliberd for the 7.62 rifle round it was not untill the 1990's that the MP5 used the 9mm you guys love so much i would prefer a .45) and the shot gun which i think is based of of a remington 870 which all three were used in vietnam preferably i would like ben to come down here and comment on this
ozone

Re: story line???

Postby HoboHob » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Ace of Spades doesn't exist in this universe.

It is it's own voxelated universe.
HoboHob

Postby mikuli » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 pm

ozone wrote:...used the 9mm you guys love so much i would prefer a .45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe6hEcdki_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKC832xZ6RA

Yeah, I'll rather have my easier to control repeat shots, higher muzzle velocity and larger capacity magazines.

Videos related, both Remington law enforcement / personal defense rounds
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby ozone » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm

mikuli wrote:
ozone wrote:...used the 9mm you guys love so much i would prefer a .45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe6hEcdki_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKC832xZ6RA

Yeah, I'll rather have my easier to control repeat shots, higher muzzle velocity and larger capacity magazines.

Videos related, both Remington law enforcement / personal defense rounds

thats a real good point and yes in an SMG id much rather have a 9mm than a .45 but i meant in a pistol i should be more clear next time
p.s. what rifle round do you like more 5.56 or 7.62 ill say mine is the 5.56 i used to like the 7.62 but the logistics won me over
ozone

Postby mikuli » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:02 am

I still favor the 9mm in pistols as well over the .45 for the above mentioned reasons - as the videos show for these two examples, the wound profiles are rather similar. Could do some math / googling for impact energies though. My hands-on experience on these is rather negligible, in the order of a couple of hundred rounds tops.

I'm trained on a 7.62x39 platform, so I am heavily biased. I do enjoy .223 for a paper puncher over 7.62x39, though, and I do realize the advantages of a lighter round.

I had a lengthy discussion on this matter some months ago, thread here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9052&hilit=+7.62x39
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby JoshuaConcon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 am

ozone wrote:so i heard some where that this game takes place in the Vietnam war now i can understand that as the rifle (I think is) based of of the M14 which was in nam the smg which is obviously based around an MP5 which the first MP5s came in 1966 which was during war time (but don't trust black ops the first MP5s were caliberd for the 7.62 rifle round it was not untill the 1990's that the MP5 used the 9mm you guys love so much i would prefer a .45) and the shot gun which i think is based of of a remington 870 which all three were used in vietnam preferably i would like ben to come down here and comment on this

Oh nonono. AoS doesn't have a story line and it never will because it doesn't need one.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:07 am

JoshuaConcon wrote:
ozone wrote:so i heard some where that this game takes place in the Vietnam war now i can understand that as the rifle (I think is) based of of the M14 which was in nam the smg which is obviously based around an MP5 which the first MP5s came in 1966 which was during war time (but don't trust black ops the first MP5s were caliberd for the 7.62 rifle round it was not untill the 1990's that the MP5 used the 9mm you guys love so much i would prefer a .45) and the shot gun which i think is based of of a remington 870 which all three were used in vietnam preferably i would like ben to come down here and comment on this

Oh nonono. AoS doesn't have a story line and it never will because it doesn't need one.

BF3 didn't need one(BF2 didn't, as far as I know), but it has one(although a shitty, clichê one)
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby ozone » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:56 am

@mikuli im gonna have to thank you in the points you made here: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9052&hilit=+7.62x39
also im judgeing from your user name that you are a pacific islander is my guess right
ozone

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion