Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The CP exploit

For all things AoS!

The CP exploit

Postby brickyphone » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Okay, so a little while I had this idea but I never got round to doing anything about it. So I like large CP's. I know I'm not the only one. I've always wanted to make one like a house, but never did because you could just walk through it. Then this idea come to me. Why not make a building out of normal blocks then have the CP as detail. Then I thought that this could be extended to anything. You could make cars really detailed and have a simple frame from blocks. If you had enough patience you could make an entire village. But I have neither the skills or the patience, so I decided to post this here. To find out what your guys opinions on this is. And if you have enough free time why not try to do this... Anyway, that's all I had to say. What do you think?
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Re: The CP exploit

Postby Articsledder » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:14 pm

If you are talking about what I think you area, then it has already been done. SIMOX has a mod that makes the tent a helicopter.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby brickyphone » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Articsledder wrote:If you are talking about what I think you area, then it has already been done. SIMOX has a mod that makes the tent a helicopter.

I mean something like that but a frame is also made of in game blocks
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Postby Varun » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 pm

So, do you mean so that people who camp in the cp can't actually do that anymore?
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby brickyphone » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 pm

UUGH! Imagine making a house out of blocks in game. Now, it might look nice but there is one thing it is missing. The detail. There are no clocks on the wall. No books on the book shelf. But, and here's my point. If you built it around a CP which was specifically made, you could add the detail. A house on it's own lacks detail. A house made of a CP lacks presence in the world, but combine them and you have a lovely house in game. And it is not restricted to houses. Make a car out of blocks? With a detailed CP there's a dashboard, and wheels! Make a Control room CP, why not build a real building around it? If anyone has any further questions I will make some pictures to illustrate my point...
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Postby robotnik185 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Very interesting, I betcha you could make an entire map super-detailed with way too much time and patience.
Click the image to see my mods! ^

Image<me playing LoL in a nutshell
robotnik185
[FF] Member

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:33 pm

if somebody makes an entire village map (as in the village takes up the ENTIRE map) with extrodinary detail, i shall reward much money.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby bman7 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:47 am

So basically, it's a cp, but it's massively big so it's like a house that you can walk through?
bman7

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:34 am

This thread went a LOT differently than I expected.
ReubenMcHawk

Postby brickyphone » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:27 am

ReubenMcHawk wrote:This thread went a LOT differently than I expected.

And how did you expect it?
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion