Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Largest hole in the map?

For all things AoS!

Re: Largest hole in the map?

Postby Marxist » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

I guess I've seen bridge wars and anticbridge be crashed (the bridges), completely.
IGN: Groendland
Marxist

Postby zephir » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:11 am

Marxist wrote:I guess I've seen bridge wars and anticbridge be crashed (the bridges), completely.

that was probably done by teams of well organized map-breakers. (i don't consider it griefing, its just bored people who decided to break the map. griefing is destruction of people's buildings) and it takes a long long time.

well there was this one time i broke the entire anticbridge all by myself. i'll look thru my screenshots if i got any pics.
it was epic. and it initially was just sapping- depriving the blues the ability to camp and spawn kill. well the more i broke the more intense their efforts became, until I just decided to hell with it and take out the entire bridge. well that didn't stop them. they started building a new one! they worked faster than i can bring down their work, so eventually they manged to build a bridge all the way across.
it was an amazing 6 hour game! it took me 3 hours to break the anticbridge, and it took them 3 hours to build a new one.
zephir

Postby IronShotGun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:31 pm

zephir wrote:
Marxist wrote:I guess I've seen bridge wars and anticbridge be crashed (the bridges), completely.

that was probably done by teams of well organized map-breakers. (i don't consider it griefing, its just bored people who decided to break the map. griefing is destruction of people's buildings) and it takes a long long time.

well there was this one time i broke the entire anticbridge all by myself. i'll look thru my screenshots if i got any pics.
it was epic. and it initially was just sapping- depriving the blues the ability to camp and spawn kill. well the more i broke the more intense their efforts became, until I just decided to hell with it and take out the entire bridge. well that didn't stop them. they started building a new one! they worked faster than i can bring down their work, so eventually they manged to build a bridge all the way across.
it was an amazing 6 hour game! it took me 3 hours to break the anticbridge, and it took them 3 hours to build a new one.

Old memories.. zephir :3
Any who.
http://i.imgur.com/LqIGS.png
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby ugotpiez » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Someone needs to host a hallway map where everyone just decimates the entire place.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby IronShotGun » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 pm

ugotpiez wrote:Someone needs to host a hallway map where everyone just decimates the entire place.

1 out of 32 people do it, and end up taking out about 4 sections. :D
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 am

someone needs to host an original map generation server and leave it up for a few days, take pictures of the result.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby phoojk » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 pm

somones been busy :)
phoojk

Postby Venator » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:56 pm

ThisFrickinSite wrote:someone needs to host an original map generation server and leave it up for a few days, take pictures of the result.

Aloha genmap and genwars leave the map for some long time.
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Postby Articsledder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Venator wrote:
ThisFrickinSite wrote:someone needs to host an original map generation server and leave it up for a few days, take pictures of the result.

The other day on aloha there was a strip the size of 1/2 a grid running across the whole map, and several grid squares were also taken out.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Venator » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Articsledder wrote:
Venator wrote:

The other day on aloha there was a strip the size of 1/2 a grid running across the whole map, and several grid squares were also taken out.

So someone tried to build a Do-It-Yourself Hallway edition ?
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion