Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Camping

For all things AoS!

Camping

Postby Marxist » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:51 pm

What are your opinions on it for AoS? Mine personally are good, since last game, I mostly just crept along the edge of where the water meets the land (on that one map, where it's like an hour glass), when I got to the blue posistions I was able to rack up 23 kill streak, 6.17 ratio, so in my mind, it's good. You guys?
IGN: Groendland
Marxist

Re: Camping

Postby JoshuaConcon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:00 pm

My opinion on camping is that camping is legit, because AoS is usually attack and defend and such. There is also bases and outposts.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby IronShotGun » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't camp, I mostly play on Minit Us - Assault now, build a two block high wall, kill the people running towards me, move up and kill the "campers" and leave with ratios of typically 12+ and accuracy of 30-60%.
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby dhv6 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Camping is sort of on the fence with me because, yeah people do it in real life, but you dont respawn in 10 seconds in real life. So its kinda, "ehhhh". I do it sometimes I suppose.
Image Bastard
dhv6

Postby Marxist » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm

dhv6 wrote:Camping is sort of on the fence with me because, yeah people do it in real life, but you dont respawn in 10 seconds in real life. So its kinda, "ehhhh". I do it sometimes I suppose.

Yeah, though if a whole Army's in one place, or charging one place, hiding in some little wall until they go past, and then popping out to slaughter them all is hilarious.
Marxist

Postby XFrostByteX » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I say this a lot^

I'm fine with camping, spawncamping I am not to happy with however.
XFrostByteX

Postby IronShotGun » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Related to camping :3, pro camping.
Latest Game Play : http://i.imgur.com/mUzcK.png
uvs wrote:360n0sc0pewEedSmokEHeAdShotToThEBalLs everyone.
IronShotGun

Postby ugotpiez » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:52 pm

I camp all the time, I still don't get why people are mad about it, if you don't want me to camp, then kill me before I kill you.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby ZaPhobos » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:16 am

I set up camp when I feel like defending.
It's a legitimate strategy.

Most times I try to find as much cover as possible (or make my own) and advance till I run out of ammo.
Or get incapacitated by an enemy.
ZaPhobos
[DELTA] Member

Postby Galaxy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:34 am

Camping is a great strategy, especially when you consider AoS' attack/defend style of gameplay, coupled with the game's building aspect.
cibo wrote:They can AFK whole game even no any died point.
Galaxy

Postby Floob » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 am

Depends on map really. If wide open and targets are plentiful. I will camp. If map is closed and more prone to run and gun I won't.

What the Op described is not camping so much as it is spawn killing. Also fun, but should be addressed by the developers. A simple 3 second no damage mode for new spawns would do wonders.

I was there in the early Quake days when camper became a bad word. I laughed at the fools running at me then. And almost 15 years later still laughing at the babies crying camper today.

Ya I am cool with legit campers.
Quote from Sanchez:
"Marshal I have seen better shooting at the county fair"
Floob

Postby demo123 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:12 pm

You know what is the sign where people see that you are a good camper.

It's when the opposite team sends an airstrike aimed after you only. That happened to me on Sham's yesterday. I took it as a compliment.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Varun » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Lol demo. Well, spawn camping isn't too bad in my books. Like ugotpiez said, if you don't like it, kill me before I kill you. Although, there is something wrong when one person (Me) spawn camped the entire blue team for two or three minutes, bringing my ratio from 6-7 to around 15-16. I don't think that it should be possible for one guy to camp 15 others. Still, they did suck.......
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby demo123 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Varun wrote:Lol demo. Well, spawn camping isn't too bad in my books. Like ugotpiez said, if you don't like it, kill me before I kill you. Although, there is something wrong when one person (Me) spawn camped the entire blue team for two or three minutes, bringing my ratio from 6-7 to around 15-16. I don't think that it should be possible for one guy to camp 15 others. Still, they did suck.......

Only two or three mins. Dude.
Ya know that favela map. Well I was on the green team. The server was SLP.
I made a little camping spot down at the bottom of that mountain. The gap was 1 block and I camped there for over 20 mins and believe me I racked up allot of kills.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby Marxist » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Floob wrote:Depends on map really. If wide open and targets are plentiful. I will camp. If map is closed and more prone to run and gun I won't.

What the Op described is not camping so much as it is spawn killing. Also fun, but should be addressed by the developers. A simple 3 second no damage mode for new spawns would do wonders.

I was there in the early Quake days when camper became a bad word. I laughed at the fools running at me then. And almost 15 years later still laughing at the babies crying camper today.

Ya I am cool with legit campers.

Yeah, I agree with you there. The map I was talking about was open, and the opposing team was at the middle of the map, so I'd just go and shoot them every time they popped their heads out. They were many blocks away from the spawn, if I was litterly spawn camping, I'd just go grenadier and wait for one to take me down, instead of try to farm kills out of newly-spawned.
Marxist

Next

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion