Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Camping

For all things AoS!

Re: Camping

Postby Marxist » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

demo123 wrote:You know what is the sign where people see that you are a good camper.

It's when the opposite team sends an airstrike aimed after you only. That happened to me on Sham's yesterday. I took it as a compliment.

That's hilarious.
IGN: Groendland
Marxist

Postby mikuli » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Marxist wrote:
demo123 wrote:You know what is the sign where people see that you are a good camper.

It's when the opposite team sends an airstrike aimed after you only. That happened to me on Sham's yesterday. I took it as a compliment.

That's hilarious.

I airstrike tiki, tank and tgm all the time during wall duels on sham's 0.76 - yeah, that's the kind of a bastard I am.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm

demo123 wrote:
Varun wrote:Lol demo. Well, spawn camping isn't too bad in my books. Like ugotpiez said, if you don't like it, kill me before I kill you. Although, there is something wrong when one person (Me) spawn camped the entire blue team for two or three minutes, bringing my ratio from 6-7 to around 15-16. I don't think that it should be possible for one guy to camp 15 others. Still, they did suck.......

Only two or three mins. Dude.
Ya know that favela map. Well I was on the green team. The server was SLP.
I made a little camping spot down at the bottom of that mountain. The gap was 1 block and I camped there for over 20 mins and believe me I racked up allot of kills.

Oh god, Favela. If the Green team gets to the "borderline" between the Favelas and the soccer field, blue is going to get raped. Other than that it is a pretty fun map, specially for shotgunners.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby JoshuaConcon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 am

Camping is legit.
Farming is not.
ImageImage
JoshuaConcon

Postby SRL » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:53 am

I have no problem with camping. Hell, it's part of the objective! (sometimes) Especially if you're behind enemy lines. As Floob said, it mainly depends on the map type. If it's wide open like on Goon Assault, I'll camp every so often as I move up. If it's closed off and narrow (I.E. *insert Arena map here*) then I'll pull out a shottie or an SMG, then run-and-gun.
SRL
{AGAN} Member

Postby Varun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 am

demo123 wrote:
Varun wrote:Lol demo. Well, spawn camping isn't too bad in my books. Like ugotpiez said, if you don't like it, kill me before I kill you. Although, there is something wrong when one person (Me) spawn camped the entire blue team for two or three minutes, bringing my ratio from 6-7 to around 15-16. I don't think that it should be possible for one guy to camp 15 others. Still, they did suck.......

Only two or three mins. Dude.
Ya know that favela map. Well I was on the green team. The server was SLP.
I made a little camping spot down at the bottom of that mountain. The gap was 1 block and I camped there for over 20 mins and believe me I racked up allot of kills.

I have to try that map......

But seriously though, It was on an almost untouched Goon Assault map (Rare), and my team was doing nothing. They were all working out whether friendly fire was turned on.

I suppose, if I could have redone that, some things would have been done different, but meh. Live and learn. Four guys with spades pop out at you, and what do you do? I fought for my life, and got two of them.

Still, I'm not a great player, so it was a win for me. Not my highest ratio, nor my longest streak, but it was the best I'd played in a couple of weeks, so I was ecstatic at the time.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion