Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

.75 knocking down my skills?

For all things AoS!

.75 knocking down my skills?

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 am

I didnt alwayse suck at this game (never was amazing either)... but that was before percise aiming didnt matter quite as much. Now that bullet spread only allows for a completely random amount of bullets to hit their target. fact of the matter is, you can completely aim off by 10 or so pixels, and it wont matter much. the bullet has almost the exact same chance as hitting the enemy then as they would if they had their crosshairs directly on their face. So once i got used to that, my aiming went off by 10 or so pixels (on average) and it doesnt affect me much, maybe just by that microscopicly small amount of weight that the bullet has to go to the middle instead of the outside, but not much more. domino/snowball efffect has led to it being off by much more than is acceptable. But even then, when .76 comes around? its going to suck big time. Aiming cant be off 10 or so pixels in the next update.

Am i the only one experiencing this?
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Re: .75 knocking down my skills?

Postby jdrewlowery » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:04 am

ThisFrickinSite wrote:I didnt alwayse suck at this game (never was amazing either)... but that was before percise aiming didnt matter quite as much. Now that bullet spread only allows for a completely random amount of bullets to hit their target. fact of the matter is, you can completely aim off by 10 or so pixels, and it wont matter much. the bullet has almost the exact same chance as hitting the enemy then as they would if they had their crosshairs directly on their face. So once i got used to that, my aiming went off by 10 or so pixels (on average) and it doesnt affect me much, maybe just by that microscopicly small amount of weight that the bullet has to go to the middle instead of the outside, but not much more. domino/snowball efffect has led to it being off by much more than is acceptable. But even then, when .76 comes around? its going to suck big time. Aiming cant be off 10 or so pixels in the next update.

Am i the only one experiencing this?

no i had this for a while but then it prety much stoped and went back to the old aiming . ethre that or i just got used to it
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby PyroPlunger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 am

Try lowering your sensitivity. Changing your sight helps a lot too.
IGN: [USAB]Rustic
PyroPlunger
[USAB] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:12 am

It's true, 0.75 will make you lazy for the mostpart. While you can sometimes have a semi-decent game, after playing 0.76 for a while I can say that I can't really go back - I rage at all the misaccuracy and the duff headshots I was getting, which seems to be less of a problem in 0.76.
The new update is so refreshing, it's really nice to know that if I miss, it is my fault rather than the naff randomisation of bullet spread. I couldn't work well or train on 0.75 since you just never knew whether your aim would be correct or not.

It'll be a change, sure. But it's a great change.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby MUSEFan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

I expected tGM to post here.

As for me, I've only played 0.75, so I didn't really feel any notable change when I tried 0.76. I did have better accuracy, that's kinda obvious, but I don't feel like my aim "got lazy" by playing a game with spread. I think veteran players exagerate too much.
I hope you guys are happier with 0.76 now, I don't feel comfortable reading "OMG THIS SPREAD ASDFGGDSFS" every now and then on global chat.
^ Click to go to Freedom Fighters' official sub-section!
CIMCCIKOTCM wrote:Idiot no aimbot there, that's pro shit right there.
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:36 pm

MUSEFan wrote:I expected tGM to post here.

As for me, I've only played 0.75, so I didn't really feel any notable change when I tried 0.76. I did have better accuracy, that's kinda obvious, but I don't feel like my aim "got lazy" by playing a game with spread. I think veteran players exagerate too much.
I hope you guys are happier with 0.76 now, I don't feel comfortable reading "OMG THIS SPREAD ASDFGGDSFS" every now and then on global chat.

do you play other games with less unreasonably large spread? because that will keep your skills on track. the only fps i play is AoS, so all my training lies in this game. so bullet spread makes a bigger impact on people who only play this (fps wise).
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby HoboHob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 pm

MUSEFan wrote:I expected tGM to post here.

Older players don't exaggerate. The spread is awful compared to 0.70 and 0.76.

I ain't an old player, but I still feel it.
HoboHob

Postby Becool362 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 pm

HoboHob wrote:I ain't an old player, but I still feel it.

I second that! Yeah the aiming has gotten worst just for being here for only a little while. But yeah you can feel the difference between them

---Houndoom---

Rainbow Dash is the Best Pony, No wait I am.
Becool362

Postby ugotpiez » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:58 am

There are indeed, times that just make me wonder how I even get kills.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby Ultrasonic » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:54 am

I agree, after playing 0.76 and coming back, I have realised some inaccuracy with the rifle. I can remember always aiming at their heads but the bullet would go a bit off target (usually enough to miss) which really annoys me...
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby Varun » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am

I actually bet on my shots missing, to make them hit. Don't ask me how that works, or what I mean. I just don't have as much trouble as others. Don't get me wrong. I hate 0.75's guts. I like how 0.76 has an accuracy buff, but I'm gonna remain neutral about the RoF and Ammo until I play on a server with more than a few people on.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby mikuli » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:58 am

Varun wrote:I actually bet on my shots missing, to make them hit. Don't ask me how that works, or what I mean. I just don't have as much trouble as others. Don't get me wrong. I hate 0.75's guts. I like how 0.76 has an accuracy buff, but I'm gonna remain neutral about the RoF and Ammo until I play on a server with more than a few people on.

Video related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVEbZKaL5ZU&feature=plcp
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby Varun » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 pm

That is exactly what I mean. I could never get those kind of shots during 0.70. Now......
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Cody1x » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:43 am

Well,imo it really dosen't effect me too much.When i'm using the rifle it's easy to do it anyway,but it experience it alot with SMG and shotgun(durrrrrrr).
Cody1x

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:20 am

the smg is the weapon least affected by spread... if one shot hits, there are a ton more coming in the next few seconds, so it has much more chances of hitting the person x times in y seconds.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion