Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The builders thread.

For all things AoS!

Re: The builders thread.

Postby Scarlet » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 am

http://scarlet100197.imgur.com/all/

This is the first kinda fort thing I have built and I'm not sure how good it is. Its just a basic wall around the back of it, as to close off the people inside and to give them some more cover. Inside, there is 3 blocks high wall, which is two blocks thick to give more time to the defenders, the 3 blocks are so that the people can get high enough to have some coverage of the ground below. Then there's some steps so that they can get up onto the wall. With a wall in the front, with holes in so that they can fire out of it. The point is behind the fort, so that it can be defended from the blue team, so that makes the structure important.
Scarlet

Postby Soldierboy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:50 am

This is nice, I gave your video a like and subbed to you :), anyways if you are looking for a building/defending/supporting buddy call me, I really like to build, oh and sorry if I'm bumping.
IGN: [L3G]$oldierboy
My mods
My videos
My clan, click the picture to join!
Soldierboy

Location: Born in Washington D.C, USA but live in Bulgaria, EU

Postby gusv150 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 pm

Scarlet wrote:http://scarlet100197.imgur.com/all/

This is the first kinda fort thing I have built and I'm not sure how good it is. Its just a basic wall around the back of it, as to close off the people inside and to give them some more cover. Inside, there is 3 blocks high wall, which is two blocks thick to give more time to the defenders, the 3 blocks are so that the people can get high enough to have some coverage of the ground below. Then there's some steps so that they can get up onto the wall. With a wall in the front, with holes in so that they can fire out of it. The point is behind the fort, so that it can be defended from the blue team, so that makes the structure important.

looks nice
gusv150
[DELTA] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 am

RE: Talent's wall:
Perfect! I would probably make the wall longer and have a larger section of 3 high (maybe 3 blocks wide) near the centre. This means that if someone is shooting at you from an awkward position on one side, you can move behind the 3-high section and still shoot at the easier people on the other side while being sheltered. You can then find an appropriate angle to popup from to get that other player (if he's still waiting for you).

RE: Frostbyte's pinpoint:
Restricting players to crouching in order to shoot is not the best of ideas.. both 1-high and 3-high walls are for the most part a pain. 2-high walls are the boss.
2-high allows players to run from side to side, ducking and diving while still aiming and shooting. Most of their body isn't exposed, and they appear and disappear at random points on the wall which causes confusion.
It's a style of players that a lot of the decent players adopt because it is hard to track.

Also, a note on crenellation (that block-space-block-space-block-space pattern on top of the wall) - again, it's mostly restrictive of movement. It's difficult to dive into one of the 'spaces' and shoot, you can't see as well since there's blocks on both sides and you are likely to shoot a block. I say it's restrictive because people generally just go up and stand in one of the gaps trying to shoot, which for the most part is fodder for the better players who have the freedom of a 2-high wall :P
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Soldierboy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm

I made my own tower with an underground bunker.
Pics: http://imgur.com/a/3mwKh
IGN: [L3G]$oldierboy
My mods
My videos
My clan, click the picture to join!
Soldierboy

Location: Born in Washington D.C, USA but live in Bulgaria, EU

Postby robotnik185 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 pm

When making a recent mod, I built a greenscreen room for an obvious reason.
I later on rejoined to actually play AOS and ended up on the other team.
Later on I camped in that greenscreen room effectively, getting quite a few kills without being noticed.

It was fairly small, about 5x5x5 with holes in the front.
Click the image to see my mods! ^

Image<me playing LoL in a nutshell
robotnik185
[FF] Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:35 am

Building your walls/a background of the same colour can be pretty handy.. good camouflage.
I've seen walls being made of the same colour, but not seen a backdrop of it.. might be worth trying.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby brickyphone » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:01 am

Bridges made the same colour as the water are good on classicgen. They're undetectable on the map and harder to see from long range
brickyphone
[C.H] Member

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion