Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

What weapon is the best for situations?

For all things AoS!

Re: What weapon is the best for situations?

Postby Benton » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am

Learn to use the rifle really well. I can use it in any situation. In some cases using the SMG will have some advantages over the rifle, but if you can use the rifle really well, you should be able to beat SMG users and Shotty users without too much trouble. However, if you are quite good with the rifle at mid range you will be amazing with the SMG at mid range. The reason is that the rifle is the cleanest form of shooting. One shot lined up on the head. If you can do that with the rifle, you can do that with the SMG with 3-5 shots.

However in extreme cases I will use the shotgun (ambushing, arena).
Benton

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:31 pm

umadbro wrote:Just use the OP-Rifle for everything.
It can do everything.
You can even kill far away snipers before they land a hit.
Fluttershy

Postby SwiftTurtle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 am

Rifle- Good for medium to long range maps. It's the king of "picking people off" and unless you are of low skill you are going to nail anyone with an SMG. I aim for the head, but if you aren't comfortable doing that - fire off three quick shots to the torso.

SMG - A good all round gun. It's the best at short range and it is very usable at medium range and occasionally its okay at long range. Crouching makes a huge difference when using this gun, so make sure you crouch if you are engaging targets at a distance. Get used to the recoil and go for the torso - you'll drop them. I think the SMG is probably the best all round gun.

Shotgun - The only situation I recommend to use this gun in is if you are in tunnels. That's it. It's amazing at picking off invaders in your tunnel system but apart from that it isn't very good at all. It's obviously hopeless at range and even up close, the SMG is going to do better. The reason the shotgun is the best for tunneling is because tunnels don't have much maneuverability and it is easy to lay hits on people.
SwiftTurtle

Postby killerpenguin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 pm

I usually use the SMG except on maps like hallway and gen.
What I usually do is if I engage with an enemy, I crouch and ironsight at the same time, thereby minimizing the recoil, and proceed to light up the enemy with short taps on the trigger.

I use the semi often for sniping.

Also it is worth noting I use a custom sight with an extremely small reticle for both rifle and smg.
killerpenguin

Postby MarioCarter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:48 am

Thank you all. I always take out the Rifle unless I feel like playing around- I've also recently switched to using ironsights- I found a nice increase in my accuracy after some time.
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting 'til the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on fighting 'til I die
MarioCarter

Postby DrWhooves » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm

If you're looking for kills, spam the SMG. Works at any range (hopefully will be nerfed in the next update) and great for beginners. Plus it adds a level of intimidation with all those bullets flying at your target.
Ello everypony
DrWhooves

Postby spytim » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:33 am

SMG i would use.
spytim

Postby Priok » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:34 am

I think the SMG is the best and easiest to use, the semi is a little bit harder to use at close range, but still pretty easy to use
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=3112 - my mods
Ace of Spades leader board rank: 1
Priok

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion