Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Squads - plain vanilla or fancy chocolate

For all things AoS!

Squads - plain vanilla or fancy chocolate

Postby Tek2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 pm

95% of servers use pyspades. Most of them use default pyspades confiqs scripts, which makes it pretty much the new vanilla setting.
The default confiq has squads in it.

Squads drastically change the gameplay by allowing the players to spawn to their teammate no matter where he is, at the heat of the battle, getting shot in the back or just afking in a hole. I personally find this hurting the game and making it worse.

I believe if the squads would be just removed from default confiq their use would radically drop.
No squads -> Better spawning and less spawnkilling -> Better gameplay

What is your opinion on this?

Do you think the current squad system should be enabled in the default confiq or the host should choose it manually?
Tek2

Re: Squads - plain vanilla or fancy chocolate

Postby Tiki » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:29 pm

I think squads are a great idea it's nice to play with friends, just not the way they are at the moment.
You shouldn't be able to spawn next to your squadmates unless they are in the start area.
There should be a squad chat.
And I think there should be some sort of HUD indicator of which team mates are in your squad. This could be showing your squadmates names without needing to put your mouse over them or something.
Tiki
Bastion Member

Postby HoboHob » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:46 pm

You should be able to spawn with your buddies AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT IN A 50 BLOCK RADIUS OF ENEMY INTEL OR ENEMY MED TENT!
HoboHob

Postby ugotpiez » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:39 am

I'd say you should only be able to squad-spawn in a certain block radius around your spawn area, or your med-tent. Though I suppose that would take away the whole point of it.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby Rainbows871 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:20 am

Squads should make teamwork easier rather than just letting you spawn together. Spawning you in the closest spawn point to them makes more sense. If an enemy makes a bunker to snipe you as you spawn it becomes impossible to clear because one squad member hides meaning the enemies come back almost as soon as you kill them. Having an airstrike-like kill streak that allows you to spawn next to a squadmate would force only skilled players to be able keep spawning but still allowing interesting tactics.
<@OGKushdinsky> Change your name to RainbowDash, and we'll get started.
Oh, and you'll have to change into this pony costume.
Rainbows871

Postby Frostified » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:34 pm

I agree with OP.
TRUE squads are made in the heat of battle, not with a pyspades script.
And most of the time, you don't even spawn with 'friends' in squads.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby Arilarin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Squads are a bit overpowered, you should not be able to spawn with your squad if you are 10 blocks away from enemy, 25 blocks away from enemy med tent, and 50 blocks away from enemy intel (including on a squad members back :O )
If you cannot spawn by your squad, you will spawn at your med tent, or at a 'squad' tent. a 'squad' tent is like a med tent, except for it is a flag. If the intel is placed inside a squad tent, squad members CAN spawn by Squad tent. It also needs to be captured.
IGN: DarkSoul X
That's all, folks!
Arilarin

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion