Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Something needs to be done about the aimbotting.

For all things AoS!

Re: Something needs to be done about the aimbotting.

Postby lehma18 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Our part as players and potential customers is to remind the developers. That this issue is important enough to be addressed at the top of this forum everyday.

This is the strongest way, we the users can make it clear. We the customers are watching and waiting for results.

This is the reason why i think it would be best for AoS to remain free for as long as it is in development. People have some weird fantasy that when they buy the game, it gives them some kind of power over the developers, it makes the consumer their boss, and they think they can tell them what to do. And in this case, the consumer even uses Ye ol' "If you don't do as i tell you, i won't buy it!!"-card.

Now, there's no reason to rustle your jimmies. Take a deep breath and apply salva to your clenching butt. Aimbotting should be dealth with, and it's so much of a problem people are leaving the game. I just wanted to correct your false thought of consumers being above the developers. You do not tell them what to do, but you can leave a suggestion of what they should do next. If they decide to add, for example, flying giant c*cks that shoot rainbows and drop sandwiches over proper aimbot detection, it's their own fault when people leave.
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby Becool362 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:01 am

I agree with all of you except hackers are a part of gaming there are always going to be hackers on any game. If there were no hackers there would not even be the gaming comunitee. The comunitee would e a lot different from what it would be today and for that I would not like to see. Of course everything has a pro or con it just a way of life. Like at work you are most likely to hate your boss or teacher etc, but you just have to get used to it. Yeah of course we are going to slow them down but there will become more of a problem as the world is getting larger and larger everyday. So if you want to get rid of hackers because you are sick of them well make your own server and you ban all the hackers that come onto your server. You'll be surprised how many people you will have (Players: 0 Max: 25). This what I have to say and this is what I want to believe and no one can change my mind. FYI I Do not hack or aimbot. :D

Rainbow Dash is the Best Pony, No wait I am.
Becool362

Postby Floob » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:23 am

lehma18 wrote:
Our part as players and potential customers is to remind the developers. That this issue is important enough to be addressed at the top of this forum everyday.

This is the strongest way, we the users can make it clear. We the customers are watching and waiting for results.

This is the reason why i think it would be best for AoS to remain free for as long as it is in development. People have some weird fantasy that when they buy the game, it gives them some kind of power over the developers, it makes the consumer their boss, and they think they can tell them what to do. And in this case, the consumer even uses Ye ol' "If you don't do as i tell you, i won't buy it!!"-card.

Now, there's no reason to rustle your jimmies. Take a deep breath and apply salva to your clenching butt. Aimbotting should be dealth with, and it's so much of a problem people are leaving the game. I just wanted to correct your false thought of consumers being above the developers. You do not tell them what to do, but you can leave a suggestion of what they should do next. If they decide to add, for example, flying giant c*cks that shoot rainbows and drop sandwiches over proper aimbot detection, it's their own fault when people leave.

LOL No clenching here. That happened a while back, when I found the aimbot source. When I watched the video of how it works. And when I read even deeper, into the development of aimbot.

Presently from the horses mouth. (ie the hackers that wrote the real aimbot script) The developers have absolutely no anti-cheat system of any kind period.

I am not demanding anything, I am attempting to dangle a carrot.

I am not asking the developer to use my design ideas. I am not demanding my style of game play. I am asking, and yes expecting that they do something, anything, to level the playing field. Between those of us that play the game, the way the developer intends, and the jackasses that feel they must cheat for what ever reason.

As for the consumer not being a boss.

Every profession, and I mean anyone that gets paid by someone else has a boss, or bosses. I have the opportunity and the ability to live a dream life of self employment. I sign the payroll checks. I make the rules. I do things my way. I have full control of my business and its products everyday.

Each and every person that purchases my products or uses my services is my boss. If they want something, ask nicely, and if it is possible they get it, in exchange for compensation. That is just how life works on this planet.

When you say fantasy of having some kind of power. I say, that should be applied to anyone that thinks it is ok, to charge money for a shoddy product. We all know there are thousands of companies selling defective and poorly built products. And turning a profit at it. Some people have honor, and others don't.

As for software, it is a little different. One product for all. So compromises will be made.

I guess we will see, in the long run what the developers and the community will do with, or without this product.

TL:DR I still stand by the meaning of the of the statement you quoted.

Out of context:
lehma18 wrote:you can leave a suggestion of what they should do

Floob wrote:remind the developers. That this issue is important
Quote from Sanchez:
"Marshal I have seen better shooting at the county fair"
Floob

Postby kakadz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Without details, we gotta stop them'
kakadz

Postby MarioCarter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:36 pm

TheGunnerGuy wrote:Aimbotters are in almost EVERY server. I hate it, more worse than other hacks, and commonly used. There's a server that has more than 5+ aimbotters kicked. The server name is "Rot III - pancakes with a vegeance". a pinpoint server.
I agree with some of you, but anyone aimbot here?

Aimbots maybe are on age 12 or less, cause teh lack of skill they got.

Also aimbots are Peopel WHO have no skill, bad aim and they are mad. just saying

Offended.

Anyway, this problem SHOULD be fixed when 1.0 comes out and OGL is paid. Most people that hack can't afford/won't bother. You'll only have a problem if you didn't pay.
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting 'til the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on fighting 'til I die
MarioCarter

Postby jdrewlowery » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 pm

MarioCarter wrote:
TheGunnerGuy wrote:Aimbotters are in almost EVERY server. I hate it, more worse than other hacks, and commonly used. There's a server that has more than 5+ aimbotters kicked. The server name is "Rot III - pancakes with a vegeance". a pinpoint server.

Also aimbots are Peopel WHO have no skill, bad aim and they are mad. just saying

Offended.

Anyway, this problem SHOULD be fixed when 1.0 comes out and OGL is paid. Most people that hack can't afford/won't bother. You'll only have a problem if you didn't pay.

they could just hack and get it for free
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Tirany » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:03 pm

jdrewlowery wrote:
MarioCarter wrote:

Offended.

they could just hack and get it for free

If they decide to have some kind of verification system, then I don't think it'd be so easy :p
Tirany

Postby OneBigNoob » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Aimbotters and hackers are in every game you really cant donothing about it but continuously ban them and update the game as much as possible but their will always be a hacker in a PC game. Console games have a lot to but not as much as PC.
EDIT: Hackers will always adapt and make a better aimbot in this game.. that anti-aimbot script dont work because theres already a hack out there that makes you aim a litle slower than the average aimbot
OneBigNoob

Postby Qrome » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 am

MarioCarter wrote:Anyway, this problem SHOULD be fixed when 1.0 comes out and OGL is paid. Most people that hack can't afford/won't bother. You'll only have a problem if you didn't pay.

Call of Duty is $60. Call of Duty has a rampant cheating problem.
TF2 is free. TF2 does not have a rampant cheating problem.

The price you pay for a game has *almost* nothing to do with the number of hackers and quality of the community. The game itself and its security have a much bigger impact. I've got a feeling that most hackers will be running a pirated version of AoS anyway.
Qrome

Postby MarioCarter » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 am

Qrome wrote:
MarioCarter wrote:Anyway, this problem SHOULD be fixed when 1.0 comes out and OGL is paid. Most people that hack can't afford/won't bother. You'll only have a problem if you didn't pay.

Call of Duty is $60. Call of Duty has a rampant cheating problem.
TF2 is free. TF2 does not have a rampant cheating problem.

The price you pay for a game has *almost* nothing to do with the number of hackers and quality of the community. The game itself and its security have a much bigger impact. I've got a feeling that most hackers will be running a pirated version of AoS anyway.

Are you referring to the franchise Call of Duty, or are you referring to Treyarch's most recent game, COD: Black Ops? That seems to be the case with everyone when they mention Call of Duty.
I will never be afraid again
I will keep on fighting 'til the end
I can walk on water, I can fly
I will keep on fighting 'til I die
MarioCarter

Postby Qrome » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:04 am

MarioCarter wrote:
Qrome wrote:
MarioCarter wrote:Are you referring to the franchise Call of Duty, or are you referring to Treyarch's most recent game, COD: Black Ops? That seems to be the case with everyone when they mention Call of Duty.

COD in general. As I understand, it's the Infinity Ward games that have the biggest cheating problem. Anyway, I'm getting a bit off topic. The point is, increased security measures would probably do a lot more than making the game paid, as far as taking care of hackers.
Qrome

Postby Floob » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Qrome wrote:
MarioCarter wrote:The price you pay for a game has *almost* nothing to do with the number of hackers and quality of the community. The game itself and its security have a much bigger impact. I've got a feeling that most hackers will be running a pirated version of AoS anyway.

Yup

Edit: surprised this wasn't locked. Seems the new way to combat the issue is lock any thread that attempts to discuss it.
Censorship is no substitute for quality code. Oh well I will check back in another month.
Quote from Sanchez:
Floob

Postby TheGrandmaster » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 pm

We're not trying to censor it - it's that after seeing 20+ threads about the same subject it gets rather irritating to see yet another thread. The staff and the devs are full aware there are aimbotters and hackers, and currently there is little to deter them, but for voxlap, we won't see proper anti-cheat; OpenGL version might do however.
Code is handled by the devs and they are working by their plan, readying for 1.0.
Maintaining an anti-cheat is neither easy or foolproof, it would take a fair time to create it, and longer to maintain it and adapt it, which is probably why anti-cheat scripts have not been coded in as it would've taken away from time needed to code new features.
That said, I do wish that time had been spent on it - but it hasn't.. so I can't really complain much more.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Floob » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:34 am

TheGrandmaster wrote:We're not trying to censor it - it's that after seeing 20+ threads about the same subject it gets rather irritating to see yet another thread. The staff and the devs are full aware there are aimbotters and hackers, and currently there is little to deter them, but for voxlap, we won't see proper anti-cheat; OpenGL version might do however.
Code is handled by the devs and they are working by their plan, readying for 1.0.
Maintaining an anti-cheat is neither easy or foolproof, it would take a fair time to create it, and longer to maintain it and adapt it, which is probably why anti-cheat scripts have not been coded in as it would've taken away from time needed to code new features.
That said, I do wish that time had been spent on it - but it hasn't.. so I can't really complain much more.

Thank you for the rational and informative response.

I understand that the forum staff may be bored or irritated by certain subjects. We as forum members really have very little to discuss, concerning the actual game. This board has half the posts then that of the off topic lounge. Surprising stats with apparently more then 2,000,000 downloads. I am also aware that this is the third iteration of the forums, and many posts have been lost. That being said. It is rather irritating finding so many posts locked on such a tiny forum. Seems to me, AOS would want to encourage as much dialog as humanly possible, having such a small number of contributors. I respect the staffs right to do as they please. I just have my opinions.

I also understand that it may not be in the developers best interest to spend its limited resources, on a platform they are leaving. But my limited understanding is that OpenGL is a graphics pipeline, it is a multi platform API designed for speaking to your GPU or graphics. And not a game engine at all. Since I am not privy to know whether the new version is a complete native rewrite or just a port to OpenGL. It is still at this point impossible to know whether the devs have any intention to combat the cheat issue. Voxlap=Game Engine OpenGL=Graphics API. I remain a little confused.

Speaking for myself what draws me to this game is its simplicity. I really am only interested in one new feature. That being a fair chance to compete. As the game stands now we have three choices.

1. We can just cheat, and justify it by telling ourselves every one does it.
2. We can be a victim, play fair and just take the abuse.
3. Choose not to play, and wait for some sign of a solution.

I am choosing 3 at this time. With a tiny bit of 2 on occasion. My personal desire to continue on this path has been lessening steadily.

I also wish some time had been spent on the issue. I am pretty well informed of the complexity of anti cheat systems. Speaking for myself, I understand 100% foolproof is impossible. But as it appears to me now, this far into the game. Is that there is no desire to address this issue from the development side. Zero percent effort has been displayed. This with a lack of public acknowledgement. Makes it incredibly difficult to justify a purchase.

There are hundreds of shooters to choose from on the market. Most are packed full of features (OpenGL eyecandy) They are pretty much all the same game play wise. This one is special for two reasons. Its simplicity and its build and destroy functionality.

Well I think I have beaten this dead horse enough. And will return to lurking and waiting. I just hope the developers make some good choices for the game. I really would like to see it succeed and hope Ben and company can gain some benefits from it.
Quote from Sanchez:
Floob

Postby ozone » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:00 pm

^^^^ i agree with about 75% of what he said i want to stop plying but i have noticed the hacks are in general large servers with alot of people and when there on smaller servers people talk to each other telling them they will do it thats when i leave
call me raciest all you want but when people talk something about hacking in spainish i also leave i know a little and when that comes up i dont take a chance and leave i am playing less and less but me being in a clan prevents complete noplaying
ozone

Previous

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion