Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Tai's War Academy

For all things AoS!

Re: Tai's War Academy

Postby pithecircle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:18 am

Gorman wrote:That's because no one is really tricked by them...

I've walked past a few with the tops blown off before. If I'm sniping from fog limit in a camouflaged bunker, and put decoys behind firing windows, it really helps. At least on goonhaven 3...
pithecircle

Postby Gorman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:40 am

If people blow the tops off then that is for fun. Even if you are somehow tricked in to shooting a dummy, it's not like you would shoot it 3 times in the head...
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Funk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:41 pm

oh you men fog dummys, not fake intel.
fog dummys are a bit crap as thay just dont work no one give tham more than one shot from the fog.
then ther just in the way and are waste of time and blocks.
Funk

Postby Tai » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:33 am

In regards to Standees:
I fall for these all the time. It always takes me way longer to clear an area with 10 blue blocks dispersed in a potential sniping locale. Most people build them pretty poorly though.

In regards to decoys:
Impossible to really know if it fools anyone, being as most people play the game as a TDM rather than CTF. I find that they can be somewhat confusing in Urban locales where the intel is buried, but most people don't even know how to draw it properly.
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby AlexKirchu » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 am

TheGrumpyFuzzball wrote:First, crooks are a bad idea because they slow you down. Sure, not having to hold ctrl is nice, but what happens when an smg gunner starts tearing your wall to shreds? You need to move quickly, and it will take a few extra seconds to move out of the crook when crouched. In contrast, if you are not stuck in a crook, you simply let go of ctrl and sprint away at full speed.

I agree 110%.

I don't understand it when people build these crooks. It's like a death trap. I'm like daring my team mates to go into it, thinking "you're gonna get shot, you're gonna get shot".

Also, one thing that I like doing when sniping is don't get up really close to the hole from which you're shooting out of. I make a point of it. It usually saves my ass, allowing me to run away and evade fire quickly whilst still being able to snipe properly.
My Mods: http://tinyurl.com/753jhup
More Teams Suggestion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xl89ry - Show your support, vote YES =D
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirchuAlex253?feature=mhee
AlexKirchu

Postby Tai » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 pm

I don't often build crooks into a building anymore, just because it's inevitable that they get dug out and modified by a rifleman who doesn't understand the concept of crouch stability. I usually just place a block temporarily above my head, though usually only in concealed bunkers (maps like Scandinavia are great for such bunkers)
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby AlexKirchu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 am

Tai wrote:I don't often build crooks into a building anymore, just because it's inevitable that they get dug out and modified by a rifleman who doesn't understand the concept of crouch stability.

Hmm, the thing is, I like crouching. It gives a sense of extra accuracy. However, I don't like being stuck under a crook, because you're stuck, simple as that. Also, the rifle is as accurate standing up as crouching.
My Mods: http://tinyurl.com/753jhup
More Teams Suggestion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xl89ry - Show your support, vote YES =D
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirchuAlex253?feature=mhee
AlexKirchu

Postby Gorman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 am

Even if crouching gives a sense of accuracy, it gives no accuracy benefits at all!
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Tek2 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 am

Gorman wrote:Even if crouching gives a sense of accuracy, it gives no accuracy benefits at all!

Yep only helps with recoil which is really a problem only with smg.
Tek2

Postby DarkDXZ » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:49 pm

So that I played the 0.75rc10, I'm glad to say that it was worth the weight.
No, wait...

It will surely affect that guide. Positively.
Spectator mode FTW!
"The last thing I want to do is to hurt you. But it's still on the list." - DarkDXZ
You found my secret signature line, damnit! Alright, Polaks are bad, I admit. But it's not their fault.
DarkDXZ

Postby Frostified » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 pm

DarkDXZ wrote:So that I played the 0.75rc10, I'm glad to say that it was worth the weight.
No, wait...

It will surely affect that guide. Positively.
Spectator mode FTW!

We owned you >:D
Juuuuuust joking :P.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby rensdragonlord » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Trick: If you jump forward and crouched in the air,You can go 3 blocks high in one jump.
ImageImage
rensdragonlord

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Tai get ready for another update: 0.75 is expected to come in few days!
or just get the RC 11 :P
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby WEEDBOT » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Gorman wrote:Even if crouching gives a sense of accuracy, it gives no accuracy benefits at all!

Really? I thought that was changed when bullet spread got added. Hm. Shows what I know.
WEEDBOT

Postby SlamDrag » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Thank you.
Really helping me out.
SlamDrag

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion