Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Tai's War Academy

For all things AoS!

Re: Tai's War Academy

Postby DarkDXZ » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Assault(2) and Pinpoint(2) - I meant for both the regular, original versions, as well as these remakes made by tGM...

Maybe at first, you should do tutorials for one map of every "type" (ie. urban, natural, straight-action (PP, Assault))
"The last thing I want to do is to hurt you. But it's still on the list." - DarkDXZ
You found my secret signature line, damnit! Alright, Polaks are bad, I admit. But it's not their fault.
DarkDXZ

Postby Funk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:26 pm

how to blast a 3X3 hole in a wall
this is best done with a shot gun but any gun will work.

shoot or dig a hole 2 deep in the center of the hole you wish to make.
Code: Select all
X X X
X H X
X X X

toss in a grenade and run.

some more grenade tips
throw grenade so as to hit the side of holes in walls and bunkers.

when atacking players with grenades throw all 3 spread out so thay cant doge,
like wise a small gap in the timeing of the last blast can get players as thay stand up.

jumping can add greaty to the range you can throw a grenade, tall buildings do like wise.

fighting tips
movement

move in short brusts from cover to cover.
try not to go alone, have 3-5 in a group.
look a round thinking where can i take cover and where will the attack come from?
Funk

Postby Tai » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:40 am

DarkDXZ wrote:Assault(2) and Pinpoint(2) - I meant for both the regular, original versions, as well as these remakes made by tGM...

Maybe at first, you should do tutorials for one map of every "type" (ie. urban, natural, straight-action (PP, Assault))

I have a section for Version 1.1 or 1.2 already written out regarding the various map types as you described. I'll be sure to do a guide for Pinpoint.
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby EgO » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

Great post Tai, its Bodhin
EgO
Komrade Member

Postby Aqwertybqwerty » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:03 am

I read through your whole guide, and I have to say it's quite comprehensive and will certainly be helpful to players who are just starting out in AoS. Also, if you need some more Buildings to add, I made this topic awhile back : viewtopic.php?f=63&t=374

Also, some anonymous tips-

*When you suddenly see an enemy in close quarters, immediately crouch down. Most people will aim for your head and miss their first shot, although you may end up being unlucky

*When building small tunnels behind enemy lines, add twists and turns every ~40 blocks or so. This make it harder for an enemy to score kills by just firing straight

*Never dig your intel into the ground, as this makes it easy prey for enemy tunnelers

* Make sure to leave the side of a bunker facing your team open; this both saves blocks and leaves it useless to enemies if captured

*Throwing up quick walls in combat will save your life more than once
Aqwertybqwerty

Postby Tai » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:40 am

Aqwertybqwerty wrote:
*When you suddenly see an enemy in close quarters, immediately crouch down. Most people will aim for your head and miss their first shot, although you may end up being unlucky

*When building small tunnels behind enemy lines, add twists and turns every ~40 blocks or so. This make it harder for an enemy to score kills by just firing straight

*Never dig your intel into the ground, as this makes it easy prey for enemy tunnelers

* Make sure to leave the side of a bunker facing your team open; this both saves blocks and leaves it useless to enemies if captured

*Throwing up quick walls in combat will save your life more than once

Hey Qwerty... You said anonymous tips, would you like to go uncredited?
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby CraftDinur » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:49 am

You should change the name to something else.
I didn't know this was a full out tutorial of AoS before I opened this thread.

It also made me laugh on how thorough you were. ^_^
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel
CraftDinur

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:23 am

Just one addendo,to "Sabotaging Tunnels".
If the tunnel has a staircase,and the enemy will have to go down the staircase,it is always good to simply dig down until you get to the limit of the map,the Sea Level.Build a small way out,and block it,so that the enemy is going to have a hard time getting out of there.
You can do it multiple times,using phisicological warfare to make 'em avoid that area.And he is also going to get damaged,or maybe even die.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Aqwertybqwerty » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Tai wrote:

Credit or not, i'm fine as long as my tips help at least one othe person :)

And did I say anonymous? Meant to say "miscillaneous"...aw well, it doesn't matter xD
Aqwertybqwerty

Postby Funk » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 pm

some smg tips:
DO NOT EVER SPRAY AND PRAY YOU(Spray and pray,the practice of unloading your clip in the general direction of another player in the hopes that you'll hit them.)
use bursts of 6 to 8 rounds this will help save ammo, stop your aim walking off target and make you harder to see.

it takes 4 rounds to smash a block so use 4 round burst to take out one block at a time.
move after every burst as your tracers will give a way your location to the enemy.

there is a few time you can go nuts and shoot the hole mag, when cearing tunnels from above or vs spider holes
But only when you can see them, yes i did say see them when on top or under a player you can see them even if thay are in a tunnel.

Anti-Tunnel tips
finding them
first can you hear diging? if so is it one of your team a quick check on the map should tell you.
if not follow the sound , when it sound like you are on top of them look down.
when trying to hear a tunnel sneak the digers will be trying to hear your footsteps.

ok so now that you have found a tunnel hear is what to do
first how deep is the tunnel?
can you shoot down to the diggers? and kill them? a smg is the best weapon to do this, a shot gun as pass able but you have no chance with a rifle.

if you cant shoot down then dig down till you are 1 block a way then throw 3 grenades down.

if you have shot down and kill the digger you must still throw a grenade down as there may be more than one enemy.

some Tunnel tips

have a dead zone befor you start the tunnels so thay are harder to use in a counter attack.

as Aqwertybqwerty wrote never dig straight,one rifle man can block it.
if you can dig at 3 high this will let you move faster and add guard posts:
bad ascii one
Code: Select all
XXXXX
   XX
GX
XXXXX

front
XXXX
X  X
XX X
XX X

if you are going for the intel take a team loaded for the attack with smgs and shotguns, about 3 to 5 is the right size.
use the tunnel to get back and have a stay behind guard in a post like the above.

dig deep but not to deep so on flat maps have the top be 3 blocks from ground level so your tunnel will not be opened by a stray grenade.

some things for a tunnel network:
cross tunnels from sniper hole to hole.
a way to go up and down levels.
more than one west-east route.
at some point the the enemy will get in so keep fighting in mind.
Funk

Postby Tai » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Aqwertybqwerty wrote:
Tai wrote:

Credit or not, i'm fine as long as my tips help at least one othe person :)

And did I say anonymous? Meant to say "miscillaneous"...aw well, it doesn't matter xD

Just added it to V1.1, which will probably be out sometime this week.
Tai's War Academy

Tai

Postby Funk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:51 pm

here is an old trick
The Block Man
ok to build a block man you just make a stack of coloured blocks three/four high in your teans colours.
the idea is that from far away when it is covered in fog it looks like a player.

yep it is a craptrick that rarey works.
Funk

Postby TheGeekZeke101 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 am

I love this thread, like what you've done here/

Retired Member Missing In Action As Of 7/26/12
TheGeekZeke101

Postby Uxlay » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 am

I love it
Image Image

<+Buffalo> #AoS - Psychology 101.
Uxlay

Postby Fett316 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 am

Funk wrote:it takes 4 rounds to smash a block so use 4 round burst to take out one block at a time.

I thought it was 3...
http://www.maverickmods.zxq.net/

I will NOT join your clan!!

Fett316

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion