Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Who plans on buying Ace of Spades 1.0?

For all things AoS!

Do you currently plan on buying Ace of Spades 1.0?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 205

Re: Who plans on buying Ace of Spades 1.0?

Postby ugotpiez » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:27 am

I'd buy it, depending on how much it costs, say, it costs 5-10 dollars, I wouldn't pay that. Currently, it's not worth that kind of money, with the glitches, accuracy, hit detection, it's just not a 5-10 dollar game.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:33 am

IMO, we should use a meritocratic system: People that really added to the community (e.g Big Clan leaders, respected mappers and modders, people like LastOfS, etc) get to buy the game for a smaller price of, let's say, 50% the full price.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:50 am

I do if I manage to get some cash in my paypal, 1.0 is looking amazing. Even though the current version is pretty damn terrible.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Moonkey » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:01 am

Argh, OpenGL in 1.0?! My dreams have been crushed into tiny bite sized pieces! No Ben! Noooo! Ah whatever, I was getting tired of the ranting going on about it anyway. So, when's doomsday?
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Postby recon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 am

THIS IS GOiNG TO COST O_O! THAT'S BULL SHIT!!! I DON'T EVEN hAVE ANY MONEY....THERE MUST BE A CRACKED VERSION!
I BEEN WANTED TO PLAY AoS 1.0 SOO BAD!
recon

Postby lolcano98789 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:44 am

Wait, did you say

BUYING?
^^^Click to go to my clan page^^^
IGN: [^UWD^]Travisty
ZaPhobos wrote:IM NOT GONNA RAICHU A LOVE SONG BECAUSE YOU ASKED FURRET!
lolcano98789

Postby Airsoftr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:25 pm

With OpenGL out, will modding still work as it does now? I don't want to be stuck with the rifle's iron sights. Anything but that.
Tired of the Polish and Brazilians? Read this: viewtopic.php?f=234&t=12845
Airsoftr

Postby bobbotheclown » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

lolcano98789 wrote:Wait, did you say

BUYING?

yes they said buying. but there hasn't been an official announcement anywhere at all.

cept those people who claim that ben says everything on the IRC. which is where im pretty sure these rumors began.

don't worry about it until 1.0 comes out though.
Bobbo's awesome pack II
Bobbo's Awesome Pack I
I downloaded this game because it's free. i play it because it's fun and free.
bobbotheclown

Postby Moghard » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:IMO, we should use a meritocratic system: People that really added to the community (e.g Big Clan leaders, respected mappers and modders, people like LastOfS, etc) get to buy the game for a smaller price of, let's say, 50% the full price.

Or for free
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby lolcano98789 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:21 am

bobbotheclown wrote:

BUYING?

yes they said buying. but there hasn't been an official announcement anywhere at all.

cept those people who claim that ben says everything on the IRC. which is where im pretty sure these rumors began.

Hopefully it's fairly cheap... and in DOLLARS. I was planning to buy Minecraft a while ago and we didn't have any euros...
lolcano98789

Postby bman7 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:45 pm

lolcano98789 wrote:
bobbotheclown wrote:

BUYING?

Hopefully it's fairly cheap... and in DOLLARS. I was planning to buy Minecraft a while ago and we didn't have any euros...

PayPal converts currency...

But if there's no free version to play when you have to buy it, then 75%+ of the community will be gone. Servers will be empty, and everybody will wish that they didn't buy it.
bman7

Postby Benton » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Bullshit. We will be left with the decent players. There are lots of them.
Benton

Postby MrHank » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:26 pm

itt- kids who dont remember when minecraft was free and dont have jobs.
MrHank

Postby lolcano98789 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:54 pm

MrHank wrote:itt- kids who dont remember when minecraft was free and dont have jobs.

Lol that's right... I don't remember when minecraft was free, but i AM only 13...
lolcano98789

Postby jordach » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:31 pm

This game is free-to-play.

Don't count me wrong, but I do like the ideal of less hackers, and the damn bots all the time, true, yes I will pay, but since they'd find some hole in the system, and maybe would never get patched, we still have the hacker problem.

However, FOSS (Free Open Source Software) can also be a great idea; there are other games that run really quickly, have some niche ideas, see

Red Eclipse
Sauerbraten
Minetest
Terasology
Open Arena
Warsow
Tremeluos
Nexuiz
Assault Cube

Half the devs working on these rarely see a penny come from these games, via donations, some of them never even run ads, because they know that if you place a toll gate on a game, they will and find a way to circumvent this; see Mineshafter, a full version of Minecraft with skins.

This problem exists everywhere; the only way you are going to make money is to join a 'big fish' - see Microsoft's Indie section on Xbox Live, I picked a cheap MC clone, for less than $3, and then that's a finished game.

I enjoy shooting people in Leafcutters EU2 for FREE, I only voted 'no' because of my FOSS like ideas, I MIGHT pay for something, only if I have seen it and TESTED it myself, however, since I HAVE TESTED this game, this might fall under my "will be buying" list. Even a small trial version of the game would be nice.

My final point is;

This game has a beautiful community that enjoys this game, made friends, created custom content and fan-art, just because this game has a F2P sticker, overall, if this went open-source, then people can add their own ideas into the game, and see if they make it to the master game, developed by Mat and Ben.

Changing a sticker just because YOU THINK you will / can gain money from a free community can go wrong, please, count your eggs Ben, please, this free game has so much un-tapped potential. Additionally this way, people can keep their own way of playing AOS, be it 0.76, 1.0, 2.3 and so on.
jordach

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion