Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

AoS Getting Popular

For all things AoS!

Re: AoS Getting Popular

Postby bman7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 am

CraftDinur wrote:Played with a guy named Etho on Minit Assault. herp_derp said he was fake though...

Yeah 2 out of 5 of the servers I joined after I saw the video had someone named Etho or Ethoslab on it.
bman7

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah I had a couple of Ethoslab's and Ethos's on the Ki11aWi11 server, and a fair few players were saying they'd only heard of the game due to his video. One was actually pretty good, joined a squad with me and we did really well.
Ki11aWi11

Postby Articsledder » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:06 am

I've seen a Pauseunpause Etho and Docm in Genwars Today. The Docm and Pause I think may have been real however the Etho answered some trivia questions wrong. I was thinking of setting up some kind of system similar to Aloha's "Trusted" system where we can give them passwords to login to a game with.
aend tehn teh cahirs began to snip
Articsledder

Postby Fluttershy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 am

MrHank wrote:the more noobs that play, the more 'hackers' we have. coincidence?

Yep, more players equal more people in each percentile. Lets put it this way. When playing dwarf fortress, you dont remember all the deaths to the boogymen, dragons, giant shit, etc. No, rather you remember the deaths occurred from children with ladles and decapitations via sock. All were doing is increasing the amount of deaths obtained. Youre still dying to the boogymen, but the amount of deaths caused by sock decapitation arises as well due to the increase in deaths overall.
Fluttershy

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Well I was in b4 it was cool :p

But on topic: Fluttershy I disagree with you on your last point. Who plays Minecraft these days, back in 2010 when I began it was only starting to be discovered the community was mature, these days every kid from 3 to 12 has an account. If we're attracting people from this community then I think the proportion of noobs and of course hackers will increase at a higher rate then the rest of community. I think we should try to advertise in more mature gaming communities rather than ones that are known for immaturity...
Ki11aWi11

Postby bman7 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm starting to see more and more people with MC names.

But if you see someone named Etho, you may be able to see if he's real or not by seeing what he does in spectator mode. Judging by his video he only uses the rifle and reloads quite often. But there are probably lots of people who do that.
bman7

Postby Fluttershy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Ki11aWi11 wrote: I think we should try to advertise in more mature gaming communities rather than ones that are known for immaturity...

Oh? And what community would you suggest? Every community is retarded in its own way, thats a given.
Fluttershy

Postby Tai » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:13 am

Fluttershy wrote:Yep, more players equal more people in each percentile.

Your math is off. There might be a correlation between the number of noobs and number of hackers, but more noobs does not automatically equate to a higher per capita of hackers.
Tai's War Academy

IrishElf wrote:How is camping a problem...? AoS is essentially Counter Sniper: The Game.
Tai

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:17 am

Well games such as ARMA are known for the maturity of their community. Other than that new DayZ mod.
Ki11aWi11

Postby FaZe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:20 am

The ARMA community is very mature because little kids don't want an army simulator. They want quick and unrealistic video games that make no sense whatsoever. I expected the same from AoS, but it doesn't turn out to be the case.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:44 am

FaZe wrote:The ARMA community is very mature because little kids don't want an army simulator. They want quick and unrealistic video games that make no sense whatsoever. I expected the same from AoS, but it doesn't turn out to be the case.

But... But... But... But I WANT an army simulator D:
The only reason I don't play ArmA is because my computer can't run it *okay*
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby FaZe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Mhm, that was my point. Ace of Spades isn't exactly up there with CoD as a face-paced shooter. Sure, it has it's moments, but you have to walk around the battlefield quite a bit. That's why I thought the immature lot wouldn't enjoy the game, because you actually have to be somewhat patient (therefore mature) to endure *shudder* 40 second spawn timers.
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby TheOperator » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 pm

With AoS popularity spiking, I can no longer find any empty servers to join with reasonable ping... Unless I want to wait around for half an hour constantly refreshing server list to jump into whatever server I can find right when somebody leaves.
TheOperator

Postby LASTofS » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 am

Paratrooper wrote:If the minecraft community is mature, then we'll be attracting mature players.

Haha, funny joke. I remember when the Minecraft playerbase was actually close to being mature.

CraftDinur wrote:HOLY CRAP ETHOSLAB.

lol but you could already see the game was popular when someone spent the time to make an aimpot for it.

BUT HOLY CRAP ETHOSLAB.

Fanboy? And a game doesn't necessarily have to be popular for a hacker to write up an aimbot for it.

TheOperator wrote:With AoS popularity spiking, I can no longer find any empty servers to join with reasonable ping... Unless I want to wait around for half an hour constantly refreshing server list to jump into whatever server I can find right when somebody leaves.

Very true. I've had to find excuses like bad names (which I wouldn't normally kick) just have a chance of getting in a full server..

Anyways, I don't mind AoS getting popular. If it's getting popular that means people like it, which is a good thing. Hopefully with a growing playerbase updates will come out faster, fixes, quicker development cycles, etc.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby BlackFenixGaming » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

bman7 wrote:
IrishElf wrote:I'm hoping we jump from .76 to 1.00 quickly.

Seems like p2p's the only remote hope of ever rescuing the in game community.

Well, apart from permabanning about 1,900 of the 2,200+ players.

While it will get rid of most of the noobs, there will still be some, and we'll also lose a lot of good players, like me.

Yeah, I'm not going to pay for a game that there are better F2P games for, especially when I've been kicked from many servers for "Hacking" When I really just got lucky and got 6 headshots in a row. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but it's not worth paying for.
BlackFenixGaming

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion