Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Who plans on buying Ace of Spades 1.0?

For all things AoS!

Do you currently plan on buying Ace of Spades 1.0?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 205

Re: Who plans on buying Ace of Spades 1.0?

Postby jdrewlowery » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 am

Airsoftr wrote:
jdrewlowery wrote:
nalyd8991 wrote:This is the first I've heard of this since I pay no attention to the forums, and it made me sick to my stomach. Whether it is happening or not, I'm almost turned away from the fact that the idea came up.I know the devs have to make money somehow, but pay to play for everyone is not it. I almost feel like it's insulting to all of us loyal long term supporters, who have spent all of our free time for a year or more playing and supporting this game, to suddenly have to pay for what used to be good free fun. I feel like a large amount of the current community may not be able to pay for it, even if they wanted to. The younger players do not have paypal accounts or credit cards, and paying for it forces their internet skeptical parents to get involved. Some people also may not have the money to pay for it at all. You go ahead and make this game paid, there's nothing I can so to stop it, but I will not be paying for it.

What makes you so coolthat you shouldnt get to pay do u know this isnt even the full release yet so stop B**** about
how some people shouldnt pay and some people should . people play BECAUSE its free .
___

He didn't mention other people having to pay for it. Also he was just giving his opinion, so there's no reason to insult him for that.

I didnt mean to insult him and i was talking about everyone on this thread saying vets shouldnt have to pay for it not him in perticular and i agreeded with everything you have said airsoft
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby coffecreamy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:00 am

i though this game is free to play i gues not TT ~ TT
coffecreamy

Postby Airsoftr » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

BlackFenixGaming wrote:...have a weapon unlock system and pay to unlock faster.

That's just another pay to win idea. Besides, I've already discussed the issue of the whole pay to win with about 2 or 3 other people, so there's no use beating a dead horse.
Tired of the Polish and Brazilians? Read this: viewtopic.php?f=234&t=12845
Airsoftr

Postby zephir » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 am

has Ben decided on a price yet?
I hope it's not gonna be 60 bucks...
or even 30.
chances are if it's more than 15 bucks unless I found a lot of free money recently i'll keep dreaming about buying the game and never get closer to doing so.

although if I managed to escape the fee for a long time (5-6 years) I might decide one day I'll pay whatever the game costs because it provided me so much entertainment...

The problem paying for something that costs alot is making sure I'd use it. PC Gaming is really one of those things I do if there's absolutely nothing else to do. it used to be a hobby but these days I found better things to do than sit in front of a computer all day (and night).
Chances are I wouldn't be able to justify paying $30 for a game because I can't predict if I'd actually get my money's worth in gaming. To me a game is only worth if I love it and got YEARS of entertainment out of it. I don't believe spending more than $20 on things that are for things I may or may not actually use, it's just plain ol' wasting money. Games (since it's no loner a huge part of my life) is one of those things if I can say that I'd play at least 8 hours a week for the next 5 years I don't think I can buy it.
zephir

Postby nalyd8991 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:56 pm

jdrewlowery wrote:I didnt mean to insult him and i was talking about everyone on this thread saying vets shouldnt have to pay for it not him in perticular and i agreeded with everything you have said airsoft
I guess what I am confused about is, where did I say vets should get it free? I just said that they shouldn't make it P2p and if they do, I won't buy it.
nalyd8991

Postby jdrewlowery » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 pm

nalyd8991 wrote:
jdrewlowery wrote:I didnt mean to insult him and i was talking about everyone on this thread saying vets shouldnt have to pay for it not him in perticular and i agreeded with everything you have said airsoft
I guess what I am confused about is, where did I say vets should get it free? I just said that they shouldn't make it P2p and if they do, I won't buy it.

i agree with you they shouldnt make it b2p . when i was saying vets shouldnt get it free i was talking about almost everyone
on the fourms saying they shouldnt have to pay because thet have been here 3 months and ive only been here 1month . ill edit my comment above
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Moghard » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 pm

I won't buy this.
Moghard

Location: In a dimension, where i live with other mighty Dwarves and eat lots of kaymak.

Postby BlizzardDUCK » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 pm

I think people who have been here since the old forums should be able to get it for free. I've been playing this game since April 13th 2011, and Im not going to purchase this game if it is going to cost me anything. This game now, and where its headed, to me isn't worth money. I just feel that with all the hacks, the connection issues, its not worth paying for. I'd buy the old AoS, the one where there was one weapon, and before Autoclimb before I'd buy where it is now. I have a way better experience and much more fun back then. This game is turning into every other war game, its becoming like CoD with building more than Minecraft with guns. And Im not going to buy CoD with building, I'd buy Minecraft with guns
BlizzardDUCK

Postby jdrewlowery » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:00 pm

BlizzardDUCK wrote:I think people who have been here since the old forums should be able to get it for free.

agin why should vets pay . lets say someone was here for 3 months then another person comes along and is only here for
2 months . who gets
it free?
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby BlizzardDUCK » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 pm

jdrewlowery wrote:
BlizzardDUCK wrote:I think people who have been here since the old forums should be able to get it for free.

agin why should vets pay . lets say someone was here for 3 months then another person comes along and is only here for
2 months . who gets
it free?

Neither, People who have been here a long time (All the way back to the old forums) have put many moreideas forth, and have given feedback. Why shouldn't we get it for free? We found it first, we should be the first to get it free. Hell, I think everybody should get it free, but it people have to pay to play, the people who have been here longer should get it for free. I've been here since around .21, you Im guessing looking at your joined date on the forums, just got started. Im sorry, but I feel that vets should get it for free. Thats the way i am. Not my fault you just found this game, and im sorry you didn't get to play the game when it was .21, I think it was more enjoyable back then.
BlizzardDUCK

Postby jdrewlowery » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:46 pm

BlizzardDUCK wrote:
jdrewlowery wrote:

2 months . who gets
it free?

Neither, People who have been here a long time (All the way back to the old forums) have put many moreideas forth, and have given feedback. Why shouldn't we get it for free? We found it first, we should be the first to get it free. Hell, I think everybody should get it free, but it people have to pay to play, the people who have been here longer should get it for free. I've been here since around .21, you Im guessing looking at your joined date on the forums, just got started. Im sorry, but I feel that vets should get it for free. Thats the way i am. Not my fault you just found this game, and im sorry you didn't get to play the game when it was .21, I think it was more enjoyable back then.

well i dont think its fair . ive been here for 3 months i didnt join the fourm intil i was here for a month
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Airsoftr » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:56 pm

I don't think how long you've been on the forums should influence whether you get the game for free or not. Besides, it would take a good while to find all of those users that have been here since the old forums. Our best bets are:

Ben will release the full game for free.
    Ben will release a free version, probably Beta 0.75.
    Ben will release the full game for free, but put adverts and pop ups all over the website.

Other than that, Ace of Spades will probably lose half of it's player base and many, many good servers.
Airsoftr

Postby jdrewlowery » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 am

Airsoftr wrote:I don't think how long you've been on the forums should influence whether you get the game for free or not. Besides, it would take a good while to find all of those users that have been here since the old forums. Our best bets are:

Ben will release the full game for free, but put adverts and pop ups all over the website.

Other than that, Ace of Spades will probably lose half of it's player base and many, many good servers.

which one do you think will happen airsoftr
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby BlizzardDUCK » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:17 am

Its not hard to find all those people, there are still ways to access the old forums. Ben is going to make his own decision, which ever it may be, people will leave. This game, it's like a old car you've been driving for many years. You spent some great time with it, drove it many many miles but it keeps breaking down more often and often. One day you decide not to call the AAA but the dealer for a new one. This game was great when it was simple, its just getting way to complex, and things aren't working out. I keep finding new things each update that I question why I still play this game. One day, Im just not going to come back. I know many people that want the old AoS back, they don't like the way the direction we are headed, Im one of them.

Airsoftr wrote:Besides, it would take a good while to find all of those users that have been here since the old forums.
BlizzardDUCK

Postby Airsoftr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:23 am

jdrewlowery wrote:
Airsoftr wrote:I don't think how long you've been on the forums should influence whether you get the game for free or not. Besides, it would take a good while to find all of those users that have been here since the old forums. Our best bets are:

which one do you think will happen airsoftr

There are two options that I listed that I think are most likely going to happen. He'll release a free version...Or he'll make us pay for it no matter how much we make a fuss out of it.
Airsoftr

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Discussion