Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

MLG Style Tournament (Money Prizes) - CANCELLED

Have an idea for an event? Plan it out and get interest

MLG Style Tournament (Money Prizes) - CANCELLED

Postby ProjectSeventy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 pm

With the rise of esports, us at Team G4S3FR are hosting an MLG style tournament, with money prizes, for Ace of Spades. Full information will be going up on the website : http://www.mlgofspades.weebly.com. A video is also up about the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcy1OVDlOa8&feature=plcp. There will be 3 categories, colonel, seargent, and corporal, on consecutive saturdays (dates to be finalized). Sign up is on the website in 2 options. The 1st option is for people who can record Ace of Spades. The second is for those who can't. If you fall into option 1, you have to fill in a contact form with a link to a video showing your Ace of Spades skill. We will watch this and put you into a category. If you come under option 2, we will contact you back and organize a time when we can watch you ingame. When everyone is categorized, 25 names from each category will be picked using random.org, leaving 6 spectator places, 1 is taken up by a Team G4S3FR cameraman, who will be livestreaming each event on http://www.livestream.com/g4s3fr. We will contact you after the selection process to say whether you made it or not. Another video will also be released, containing the names of each competitor and the final dates and times of each event. Anyone will be allowed to spectate, providing they can get on the server, which will be called 'AoSLeague Invite Only'. All entrants must have paypal, for prize purposes, and anyone hacking/glitching/cheating will be banned. The game will be a twenty minute match on one of 3 maps, also picked by random.org, in a custom gamemode named competition mode. In this gamemode, the match will be started by an admin ingame, no one will spawn too near anyone else, and it will be every player for himself.
~ProjectSeventy
Last edited by ProjectSeventy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ProjectSeventy

Re: MLG Style Tournament (Money Prizes)

Postby FaZe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:08 am

Before I enter, here's a quick question:
For the prize, can we request a Steam game or something similar instead? (As long as it can be gifted via PayPal, as you said.)
FaZe
[DELTA] Leader

Postby StrawHatPirate » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:54 am

TL;DR version pl0x.
#RSK
ᕦ(ˇò_ó)ᕤ Fight Oppression, Fight Jagex ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
StrawHatPirate

Postby TheSifodias » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 am

Umm... No blocks able to be placed or destroyed? Isn't part of the game skill making the correct buildings to fend yourself? And knowing how to destroy hence buildings?
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby ugotpiez » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 am

Yeah, the building aspect of this game is what makes this unique, being able to create and modify your defenses to your wishes is not something most other games allow you to do, and even if they do, it's not this freely.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby ProjectSeventy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 am

TheSifodias wrote:Umm... No blocks able to be placed or destroyed? Isn't part of the game skill making the correct buildings to fend yourself? And knowing how to destroy hence buildings?

That has been changed now, you have a point, and at the time of writing, I was tired and had just played a lot of arena mode.
ProjectSeventy

Postby G4S3FR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:23 pm

As the official owner owner of the contest, I have A few notes to add,alongside a couple of changes.

1,due to the reaction to the game mode requests [and my own subconscious]. I have Decided to change the game mode settings so that block will be editable.Regarding spawn areas, the spawning system should still be as far from hostiles as possible.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS THREAD IS BELOW THIS

DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, CASH PRIZES NOR STEAM GAMES CAN BE PRESENTED, THEREFORE RENDERING THIS CONTEST ALMOST OBSOLETE UNLESS PROJECTSEVENTY CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING

CLOSED UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE, SORRY GUYS D:
Last edited by G4S3FR on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FOR RUSSIA
G4S3FR

Postby XFrostByteX » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:03 pm

I love seeing an organized tournament like this in AoS.

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH OUR PRIZE MONEY, SCREW YOU

^I love this even more

How much is the prize money in American Currency?
XFrostByteX

Postby G4S3FR » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 am

XFrostByteX wrote:I love seeing an organized tournament like this in AoS.

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH OUR PRIZE MONEY, SCREW YOU

^I love this even more

How much is the prize money in American Currency?

currently $78
$54
$39

wow, conversion rates!

thanks for the enquiry!
Last edited by G4S3FR on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FOR RUSSIA
G4S3FR

Postby G4S3FR » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 am

FaZe wrote:Before I enter, here's a quick question:
For the prize, can we request a Steam game or something similar instead? (As long as it can be gifted via PayPal, as you said.)

short answer

yes

thanks for the enquiry!
FOR RUSSIA
G4S3FR

Return to Event Discussion