Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

My suggestions

A moderately sized clan, welcoming players of varying skill levels, which awards its members both for in-game skill and for helping with the clan outside the game.

My suggestions

Postby MUSEFan » Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 pm

I joined this clan because I didn't want it to fail, so I decided to make a list of what I think would be useful to rebuild this up:

1) Start it all again: I think it will be good to renew the clan's graphic and structure aspect... By "graphic", I mean the banners, logo, and get members to use them in the forum, by "structure" I mean our clans sub-section... it's just messed up, ranks are confusing, I don't think medals are a good idea and they don't get checked too often, the recruitment section is abandoned and rules got old, in-game testing is in the rules but isn't being done... etc.
    Resuming, just remake the forum's topics, and make a totally new recruitment section, making rules better, and doing the in-game testing or just delete it for once.

2) Being active:
    USABxSLAYER wrote:An inactive leader WILL kill a clan.

Just as USABxSLAYER said... So, where are Zecora and Freedom? I've never seen them since I joined the clan...
    Also, I think it's important to be active in-game...

3) Communication: Communication is one of the things which totally fail in this clan, members need to know the existence of the IRC #ffchat (I've been connected all day and no one has appeared yet), and I think that meeting new recruits in the IRC will make the clan know each other better, and will make the recruit stay in the IRC, you could also make A RULE to connect in the IRC at least one time each week. :/ A website would help too (I can make it if you want me to), and we have to find a way to inform members about EVERYTHING that is happening.

4) Advertising the clan: Using some cool new banners that distinguish the clan from others would help a lot (I guess I could make them too, if you want me to and I have time...), and give them to new recruits when they get accepted, so people will recognize each people from the clan and actually NOTICE the clan. Playing in-game would be useful as a... very useful thing, we could meet in the IRC and agree to connect to the same server, and kick some asses, we would get respect and new players would be interested in joining. We could also arrange some matches if there are enough active players, and actually try to win them (:/). Having a server would help so much, although it's almost impossible for now... Being active in [FF]'s sub-section will also atract people, as they would see it in unread posts and whatever.

I hope this helped and you like my ideas, I'll add more if I have new ones.

If you don't want to keep this clan running, just tell me. But I saw your post "Dark Days" and I thought you wanted to rebuild it.
^ Click to go to Freedom Fighters' official sub-section!
CIMCCIKOTCM wrote:Idiot no aimbot there, that's pro shit right there.
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Re: My suggestions

Postby Howdydo11 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:29 pm

MUSEFan wrote:I joined this clan because I didn't want it to fail, so I decided to make a list of what I think would be useful to rebuild this up:

1) Start it all again: I think it will be good to renew the clan's graphic and structure aspect... By "graphic", I mean the banners, logo, and get members to use them in the forum, by "structure" I mean our clans sub-section... it's just messed up, ranks are confusing, I don't think medals are a good idea and they don't get checked too often, the recruitment section is abandoned and rules got old, in-game testing is in the rules but isn't being done... etc.
    Resuming, just remake the forum's topics, and make a totally new recruitment section, making rules better, and doing the in-game testing or just delete it for once.

2) Being active:
    USABxSLAYER wrote:An inactive leader WILL kill a clan.

Just as USABxSLAYER said... So, where are Zecora and Freedom? I've never seen them since I joined the clan...
    Also, I think it's important to be active in-game...

3) Communication: Communication is one of the things which totally fail in this clan, members need to know the existence of the IRC #ffchat (I've been connected all day and no one has appeared yet), and I think that meeting new recruits in the IRC will make the clan know each other better, and will make the recruit stay in the IRC, you could also make A RULE to connect in the IRC at least one time each week. :/ A website would help too (I can make it if you want me to), and we have to find a way to inform members about EVERYTHING that is happening.

4) Advertising the clan: Using some cool new banners that distinguish the clan from others would help a lot (I guess I could make them too, if you want me to and I have time...), and give them to new recruits when they get accepted, so people will recognize each people from the clan and actually NOTICE the clan. Playing in-game would be useful as a... very useful thing, we could meet in the IRC and agree to connect to the same server, and kick some asses, we would get respect and new players would be interested in joining. We could also arrange some matches if there are enough active players, and actually try to win them (:/). Having a server would help so much, although it's almost impossible for now... Being active in [FF]'s sub-section will also atract people, as they would see it in unread posts and whatever.

I hope this helped and you like my ideas, I'll add more if I have new ones.

If you don't want to keep this clan running, just tell me. But I saw your post "Dark Days" and I thought you wanted to rebuild it.

May i Add, BRING UP THE SKILL LEVEL
Jesus, I mean, it's easy to join, but thats why..... We need an actuall challenge. Like GuessWho, BARELY made the reqirements. ME on the other-hand ANIALATED the test, i got 20 kills in 5 minutes....... Like we REALLLLLY need to up the skills, For the better players. . . So we won't lose EVERY Match... And i like the idea of a complete new banner, That stuff

AoS leaderboard: Rank: 58
Howdydo11
[DELTA] Member

Postby MUSEFan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am

Howdydo11 wrote:May i Add, BRING UP THE SKILL LEVEL

Are you still in [FF]?
And: Do you have any idea on how to have better players? I think that we obviously have to have a minimum skill, but there is people who can help with other things and don‘t play matches.
And: Can someone tell me what happened with Zecora?
And: Any suggestion?
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 am

Zecora just got f*cked up with his enourmuos amount of work, according to officals. Freedom joined [U$}, so he probly don't give a sh*t about this clan anymore; You still visit IRC often? I will try to catch you :)
Sart it allover again: That's what i was thinking, but can't do it yet. MUSE Fan, did you know Mumble? If yes, connect Minit.nu, and PM me about the time when we meet. We definitely need a talk. GMT + 7, just in case.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby bonjovirules » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:23 am

Good idea, except the point about how we will lose every match because since I've been here, which is over 2 months, we have only had 1 clan match against Komrades where we did ok. And I got mumble. :)

IGN: [G33K][FF] alex
bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:29 am

bonjovirules wrote:Good idea, except the point about how we will lose every match because since I've been here, which is over 2 months, we have only had 1 clan match against Komrades where we did ok. And I got mumble. :)

Any ideas do i gonna start over?
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby bonjovirules » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:35 am

Yeah, you are going to have to start again. Only keeping the sub-section. I think ranks should be done by time spent in the clan and how loyal you are to the clan.

bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 am

bonjovirules wrote:Yeah, you are going to have to start again. Only keeping the sub-section. I think ranks should be done by time spent in the clan and how loyal you are to the clan.

Kills are no good to ranks, but that shuold be an optional.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Postby MUSEFan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 am

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:did you know Mumble? If yes, connect Minit.nu, and PM me about the time when we meet. We definitely need a talk. GMT + 7, just in case.

I do know it, and I‘ll check it later because it‘s 8:40 am here. I‘m GMT +1.
Also: Is Mumble only for microphone users or does it have a chat?
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby kmaj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 am

I know I'm not a member (for now), but I'd suggest doing a daily/weekly activity check.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby bonjovirules » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am

MUSEFan wrote:
MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:did you know Mumble? If yes, connect Minit.nu, and PM me about the time when we meet. We definitely need a talk. GMT + 7, just in case.

I do know it, and I‘ll check it later because it‘s 8:40 am here. I‘m GMT +1.
Also: Is Mumble only for microphone users or does it have a chat?

You can use a microphone but it is not needed. I don't use one as I don't have one.

bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby Howdydo11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:48 pm

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:Zecora just got f*cked up with his enourmuos amount of work, according to officals. Freedom joined [U$}, so he probly don't give a sh*t about this clan anymore; You still visit IRC often? I will try to catch you :)
Sart it allover again: That's what i was thinking, but can't do it yet. MUSE Fan, did you know Mumble? If yes, connect Minit.nu, and PM me about the time when we meet. We definitely need a talk. GMT + 7, just in case.

I do still give a shit Haaaaax. This was my first clan, and i think of all of you as my brothers. Eventhough I don't see anyone anymore, i still think that. I will do my best to make {U$} and [FF] the best clans around. Trust me!

AoS leaderboard: Rank: 58
Howdydo11
[DELTA] Member

Postby bonjovirules » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:28 am

I don't believe he mentioned your name in that post. He was talking about the other people who have FF leader on their name even if they are not active or do't care about FF.

bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby MUSEFan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Why don't we lock the old Recruitment Section and make a new one, and don't accept people until we have met them on the IRC and played with them, so they start being active on #ffchat?
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:22 pm

MUSEFan wrote:Why don't we lock the old Recruitment Section and make a new one, and don't accept people until we have met them on the IRC and played with them, so they start being active on #ffchat?

Good idea! I'm gonna edit the recruitment section.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Next

Return to [FF]