Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Why Clans FAIL and What YOU Can Do To Prevent That

Home of the AoS Clan scene

Re: Why Clans FAIL and What YOU Can Do To Prevent That

Postby Platinum » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 pm

That would go with being commited.
Platinum
CEF} Leader

Postby mikuli » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:47 am

I'm rather surprised this list lacks one crucial little thing:

Good communications!

If a clan's only method of communication is a thread or a subsection here, I can't see their future as a very bright one. xat chat rooms, steam groups, IRC, Live messenger or just about anything that can fill the role of an instant messager will do the job. However, it is in no way enough to just have one, as the leaders need to make sure their members understand that it should be used always when they're online otherwise. It will become a habit to the members, and it will also help the leader to be aware of just how many players he has at hand for a quick impromptu match.

As for the forum communications, you cant really pass urgent information through a discussion board - or, at least it's not very easy to do so. For example, it's a good idea to post about upcoming matches at least 24 hours in advance, to give at least your most active members a chance to see the message. I would personally go as far as to recommend at least a week's warning to catch just everyone.

EDIT: And as a comment to one of the existing clauses, does someone actually care about being a subsection moderator of all things? I mean, that can't even be considered as a position. It's just something given to clan leaders to equip them with the basic forum tools - to help them.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby USABxBOOYO » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm pretty sure having some form of communication is in the Clan Creation Guide, so putting it here would be redundant as you're supposed to have read that first.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby DUHsoALEX » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 am

booyo, yo umade mikuli write that for no reason then :S and mikuli doesnt write things like that often
DUHsoALEX

Postby FranzFR » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am

USAB thanks,I hope my clan works in this guide!
FranzFR

Postby Magnus » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:49 pm

CommanderCody wrote:Hey Booyo,do you know why AGAN didnt fail,i mean we had a clan hopper (limited wiki) and through friendship we lured him into a secure place in AGAN.we usually go on servers and observe players,then look at their atuchude.
We ask for a forum account and they make one.

A famous guy on the Aloha servers plainly for the reason being there,is Pooper Scooper.
Nice guy,his new name is {AGAN} Pooper,and his forum name is Pooper.
Please comment Booyo,im not sure how we did it :P

Commander Cody, I am not trying to troll you, I am just saying, isn't Wiki now leading IK and also in another clan? I don't think he is in AGAN anymore. Also, you got the people to MAKE forum accounts, not just accepting them in game cuz they got 100 kills, or something like that. My point is that clan hopping is bad, and I believe Wiki hopped out of your clan, saving you the trouble. Limited Wiki hops in and out of clans trying to get to instant leader or co-leader ranks, and think he is involved and tries to organize things he has no place in, this falls under people who are trying instantly control your clan. In conclusion, Wiki is an example of what NO CLAN wants, and he shows how small clans are doomed to fail with members like him. I am glad AGAN succeeded and hasn't failed, but I can assure you Wiki probably didn't help that much.
Avatar crafted lovingly by Wafflez and shrunk by mikuli <3
Magnus
[LDR] Member

Postby kmaj » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Magnus wrote:
CommanderCody wrote:Hey Booyo,do you know why AGAN didnt fail,i mean we had a clan hopper (limited wiki) and through friendship we lured him into a secure place in AGAN.we usually go on servers and observe players,then look at their atuchude.
We ask for a forum account and they make one.

A famous guy on the Aloha servers plainly for the reason being there,is Pooper Scooper.
Nice guy,his new name is {AGAN} Pooper,and his forum name is Pooper.
Please comment Booyo,im not sure how we did it :P

Commander Cody, I am not trying to troll you, I am just saying, isn't Wiki now leading IK and also in another clan? I don't think he is in AGAN anymore. Also, you got the people to MAKE forum accounts, not just accepting them in game cuz they got 100 kills, or something like that. My point is that clan hopping is bad, and I believe Wiki hopped out of your clan, saving you the trouble. Limited Wiki hops in and out of clans trying to get to instant leader or co-leader ranks, and think he is involved and tries to organize things he has no place in, this falls under people who are trying instantly control your clan. In conclusion, Wiki is an example of what NO CLAN wants, and he shows how small clans are doomed to fail with members like him. I am glad AGAN succeeded and hasn't failed, but I can assure you Wiki probably didn't help that much.

He left weeks ago.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby demo123 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Finnest example how inactivity is destructive is Stormwind. It saddens me that there is no Stormwind anymore.
T_T

PS:Some guys think to high of themselves and started to make 3 or more clans.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby bov930527 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:33 am

demo123 wrote:PS:Some guys think to high of themselves and started to make 3 or more clans.

I agree. It seems that some people lack common sense. Perhaps it should be added on the list: "When thinking of creating more than one clan per day, don't."
Proud Elder of Sons of the Apocalypse. We play with military style, with our own ranks and rules. Interested? Check it out here:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6304
bov930527

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 am

It's a bit scary that people need to be told that.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Fleischgeruch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 am

USABxBOOYO wrote:It's a bit scary that people need to be told that.

Would you rather scare them?...
Or endlessly clean up the mess they make on the small clans forum?
I remind you, you are a wolf, not a hyena.
Attention - User no longer active.
Supprising. Funny. Intidimating.
<+Enari> well, i've slept with 29 yearold that looks yunger
Fleischgeruch

Postby hindos » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:22 am

Creating multiple clans is bound to fail... One clan is allready a handful , no way you can actively maintain them all!
hindos

Postby CommanderCody » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 am

Magnus wrote:Commander Cody, I am not trying to troll you, I am just saying, isn't Wiki now leading IK and also in another clan? I don't think he is in AGAN anymore. Also, you got the people to MAKE forum accounts, not just accepting them in game cuz they got 100 kills, or something like that. My point is that clan hopping is bad, and I believe Wiki hopped out of your clan, saving you the trouble. Limited Wiki hops in and out of clans trying to get to instant leader or co-leader ranks, and think he is involved and tries to organize things he has no place in, this falls under people who are trying instantly control your clan. In conclusion, Wiki is an example of what NO CLAN wants, and he shows how small clans are doomed to fail with members like him. I am glad AGAN succeeded and hasn't failed, but I can assure you Wiki probably didn't help that much.

Wiki left AGAN 4 weeks ago,and if your wondering,Wiki has been banned from the forums and is now under another account-its just that long till the mods find out.

IK is a dead clan-the one that is succeeding is [G33K]-wiki was in that,but decided,yes,to ditch them and step down.
Where never having wiki in the clan again,but where still friends.
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby USABxBOOYO » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:56 am

Lol I knew LimitedWiki=xDaRxMONSTER from the day his account was made, don't think we don't know. The thing is that he made that new accoint AFTER he was unbanned, so it's okay.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby CommanderCody » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 am

oh,i thought he made a new account to evade the ban.
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Clans