Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Small Clans Etiquette [READ ME] (Updated 11May2012)

Home of the AoS Clan scene

Small Clans Etiquette [READ ME] (Updated 11May2012)

Postby SLoW » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:16 pm

There seems to be some confusion regarding the purpose of this forum, so let me clear it up.

This forum is for small clans to get started, recruit, and discuss clan matters. If you aren't in a small clan, aren't joining a small clan, or aren't otherwise being excellent to the people in small clans, STAY OUT OF SMALL CLANS.

People from the larger clan sections seem to enjoy coming here and derailing topics. We will be warning for such behavior.

Thank you for your cooperation.
SLoW
Global Moderator

Re: HOW TO NOT GET BANNED - PLEASE READ

Postby mikuli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 pm

We are not interested in your drama between the clans. Someone hopped a clan? Nope. Someone stole a member? Nope.

This is not the place to be discussing that, or to harass the members who have done "bad things". You will get a warning for it, and warnings get you banned. If you have beef with someone, send a Private Message.

Barney, Limitedwiki, Fleischgeruch and Platinum got their share of the banhammer recently. I'd suggest not to join the club.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Re: Small Clans Etiquette (Updated 11May2012)

Postby SLoW » Sat May 12, 2012 12:04 am

There seems to be more and more confusion on the etiquette of small clans, so I thought I'd post a follow up with some examples of good and bad posting.

To clarify and repeat what I said earlier in this thread, there are only three reasons you should be posting here:

1. You are already IN the clan who's thread you're posting in.
2. You're posting to JOIN the clan who's thread you're posting in.
3. You're giving POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT to the clan who's thread you're posting in.

People seem to have the biggest problem with #3, so here's some examples:

Hey guys, this clan looks really well organized, I'm sure you'll do great!

That's a great example of POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT. This type of post is tolerated and encouraged!

Why did you even make this clan? Does it have a point?

This is neither POSITIVE or ENCOURAGING. This type of post will get you warned and/or banned.

Cool clan, but you spell like a retarded monkey. Good luck!

This seems POSITIVE, but it's not. It's a thinly veiled insult. You can't toss "good luck" or other positive phrases at the end of an insult and expect to get away with it. This type of post will get you warned and/or banned.

Hey, someone 16 years ago used a clan tag that shared a letter with your clan tag, change it or else!

This isn't POSITIVE either, it's stupid. Clans come and go, and unless they are well established and the name or tag is exactly the same, no one cares. Don't post this kind of crap here or you'll get warned/banned. If someone HAS copied a clan name/tag exactly, report the message and move along.

You should do X differently, I don't think the way you're doing it right now is that good.

While this isn't terribly rude, this kind of feedback should go in a PM. In fact, any constructive criticism or questions (that don't involve joining) should be politely sent to the OP in a PM, NOT posted in the thread. This type of post will get you warned and/or banned.

I hope this has shed some light on the type of posts we expect here in small clans.
SLoW
Global Moderator

Return to Clans