Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \᷆BROTHERS IN ARMS ̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \҄ (7/24/12)

Home of the AoS Clan scene

̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \᷆BROTHERS IN ARMS ̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \҄ (7/24/12)

Postby SoapToDaChoppa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \᷆BROTHERS IN ARMS ̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \҄

ANNOUNCEMENTS (SATURDAY AUGUST 18TH- NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!)

-Still loving the floods of support we’re getting, be it in our actual manpower or from anybody who is rooting us on! ^_^

-Unfortunately, it looks as though that clan math between us and [SAS] never fell through because I never got any more word from them afterwards. :( I’m sorry about that if you guys were hoping to participate in it though. If you do hear about any other clan matches starting up though guys, tell me IMMEDIATELY and I’ll try to organize it! ;)

-After quite a while of having to deal with site problems, I’m glad that the forums are actually (somewhat) functional once again. :) But might we be careful of that, because the forums seem to be sucking recently in staying active… XP If it’s the case and I can’t stay in touch with you guys through the forums, I will do my best to contact anybody I can through Skype or Mumble. Again, my AoS Skype Username (the new account I made specifically for gaming) is DuskyDaDusty.

-Referring to that idea of a clan portrait, I have decided that I will attempt to do something to include as many of you guys as possible! :D This is actually for 2 reasons: 1) to make you guys feel more involved in the clan ;) and 2) hopefully to attract other people in hopes that they would like to be as involved in a clan (AKA make them jealous of you guys XD). It’s going to be an interesting thing: I’ll be making a portrait of everybody in the clan so far customized, but in Minecraft skins. This is the Skin Editor I will be using to make skins  http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/571250 . Basically, I will make a skin of you, screenshot it, and then edit it into the picture. :) I’ll try to put mine up as an example, but it may or may not work. :L A few rules about it though:

1) If you would like to describe to me your own skin, you are up to 3 details about it (i.e., has a mask, wearing a belt, etc.) and that’s it.
2) But I WILL be replicating pictures from the internet that you provide me, but if you provide me with a picture from the internet you will NOT be allowed to provide your own details.
3) Obviously, it has to be forum appropriate (should be self-explanatory).
4) Think about what kind of weapon you want to include in your gear, because I’ll attempt to download any mods of weapons so that I can try to fit it into your equipment (it may be in your hands depending on what it is, but like if it’s an RPG then it will prolly go on your back :L).

Anyways, if you would like to be included I want you to PRIVATE MESSAGE me these few pieces of information:

Code: Select all
Name:
Description/Picture of Skin:
Link to Mod of Weapon of Choice:

Hope we get lotsa people who want in! :D

-Lastly, I’ve FINALLY completed the basic rules of the clan, so make sure to pay close attention to them!

THE RULES
In this section, we will be teaching you how to be a good member of BiA with proper behavioral mannerisms and general rules to abide by. As long as you follow the suggestions of this list, you’ll be a shining star in the clan. ;)

1) Be Serious
One thing we will be looking for this time when running BiA will be for people to take the clan seriously. We hope that we can be well-kept enough that everybody can have fun as well, but if you don’t show some maturity and responsibility in the clan then it will fall apart on its own. Take rules like these seriously, treat other people with the respect they deserve, handle the responsibilities that you’ve signed up for on time, and just don’t act like a silly little child. If any of us want to work together, we have to take everyone and everything in this clan seriously- regardless of who or what they are. If you have a problem with them, you’ll either have to take it up with me (possibly Luna, but I’ve usually been the arbitrator in arguments for BiA so I dunno if she’d even want to deal with those kinds of fights) or you’ll just have to learn to set your differences aside and leave your arguments in the past. Frankly, I’d prefer the latter so that the clan might run more smoothly. Overall, show us that you seriously do want this clan to succeed or you should leave now.
2) Listen to the Superiors
Obviously, listen to the people in charge- the highest being me and Luna. Don’t worry, we won’t make this some kind of dictatorship; I’ll be working on a Constitution like USAB has soon after I get these initial rules up for you to refer to as guidelines. But in the meantime, don’t forget that we’ve just started back up and we’re not really to full strength. In order to get back there, we’re going to need combine our tactics with your manpower so that we can become that big clan that everybody could give a neighborly “hello” to in the mornings. But going out and doing your own thing as if you owned this clan won’t get us anywhere. You’ll have to trust the judgment of the superiors because they truly do know best- Luna and I have done BiA before and we’ll do it again for you guys! ;)
3) Be a Buddy, Not a Bully
Again, BiA is supposed to be a friendly clan who wants to help the kiddies how to ride the bike, not a clan that’ll push them off of it. In other words, we’d like to show people how to be a better player on AoS- IG and community-wise- instead of just going around on every server and kicking people’s @$$es. We were all Deuces at one point in our lives, so we might as well repay the AoS community that got us through it by doing the same for the Deuces of today. If we catch you misbehaving- be it with the Deuces or anybody else on AoS- you will most definitely pay for it. And why be a bully anyways? Making friends is so much better, because they make you feel better all the time and it’ll help you get more well-known to the AoS community!
4) Don’t Chat on the Thread, Make Good Use of Other Chat Systems
I’ve already begun to see that the thread is filling up with conversations like I’d hoped would NOT happen… -_-‘ So quickly, I’d like to say that the thread is NOT FOR TALKING TO OTHER PEOPLE. Conversations include ANYTHING that goes beyond 3 responses between people.
Example
Soap: Luna, how many members do we have?
Luna: I believe we have 10 members as of now.
Soap: Are you sure? I think we actually have 11.
Luna: Oh, my bad! You’re right; we do have 11 members now.
Soap: Blahblahblah
Why does this count as a conversation you may ask? Well, for starters, it takes far too many comments just to get one itty bitty answer. If you want to talk to somebody at all- be it a question or a comment- it MUST be precise and to the point. If it drags on in a way that the two of you go back and forth between the matter, we will consider it as chatting and will give you the proper “persecution” for it (warning, demotion, suspension, etc.). The MAIN reason why these types of problematic mishaps simply KILL me is because they can be avoided SO EASILY! Could this question not just be sent to the recipient via Private Message?! There’s an excellent PM System on this forum guys, so if you want to talk to a specific person about ANYTHING, I think you should send them a PM before trying to even contact them on a thread! That way, you could at least KNOW that they’ll see it eventually.
As for topics that don’t count as conversations, that might go a little more like this:
Luna: Soap, we’re getting complaints about a BiA member grieving on a build servers.
Soap: Who was the alleged griever?
Luna: Dude1, just in the past hour.
Dude1: I didn’t grief, I swear! I was playing on Server1 with Dude2 for the past hour!
Dude2: Yeah, I’ll vouch for him. And if you don’t believe me, you can ask the admins on Server1- we were talking to them the whole time.
Soap: Alright, well I’ve checked in with the admins on Server1 and the complaint-givers from the build servers, and your alibi comes through. I will tell the complaint-givers on the build servers that the alleged vandal must have been an imposter trying to slander BiA’s good name. Thank you everybody for making this matter dissolve much more quickly.
As you can see, this matter is actually much more serious because it actually has some heavy impact. Additionally, it involves not only the alleged member of BiA, but the entire clan as well because it’s more of a political matter. It also takes place between multiple people instead of just two people, so THIS is actually what you would call a “public discussion.” Lastly, you can see that none of our example characters went back and forth between each other, or else that would dissolve into a separate private conversation. So if there will ever be a conversation between people on our thread, it must be: public, serious, and must pertain to the clan. Anything else will be considered a side conversation and will be noted for warnings or other punishments.
5) Do NOT Treat BiA/AoS Like Your Life
Last time I ran BiA, I was indeed quite inactive- the exact reason to why I wished to have a “team” of leaders that could regulate the clan in my absence (which failed… miserably.). That inactivity was mostly due to one fact: I have a life outside of AoS. And hopefully you do too. Seriously guys, you should NOT devote your ENTIRE life to AoS and BiA! I love dedication and loyalty for sure, but frankly it kind of gets irritating when people are on here basically 24/7 saying “Where’s Soap? Where’s Luna?” because then you would rub off as very pushy and clingy. So please use the PM at least. You can use ANY means in fact besides the actual thread- Skype, Mumble, or maybe even an IRC! The point is, please do not fill up the forums trying to talk to others when you could more privately and politely address them through PMs or other methods!
6) Have Manners
This applies to all of the AoS community in general: HAVE SOME MANNERS GODSAMMICH!!! Don’t be a jerk, don’t be disrespectful, and generally don’t be bad. Bad acts include things like trolling, insulting, hate-“mail,” spam, grieving servers, and many more. Use your common instincts guys: you shouldn’t do anything that you wouldn’t want done to yourself (and no, don’t be like “oh but I wanna be trolled” because then you’re just being a smart aleck and asking me to kick you out -_-‘). Golden Rule guys, Golden Rule. If anybody has complaints about somebody’s behavior, I will decide on its severity and whether or not it deserves punishment. Still, I expect nobody to act like this, or else I’ll need to have some major discussions with you about correcting your faulty attitude.
7) Give 110%
This is the last rule and I must emphasize it with great stress. Our clan- Brothers in Arms- as you all know, had thrived at one point in the past. But soon it became victim to the lack of other people actually caring deeply for it, and soon when nobody else felt that the clan wasn’t important enough to hold onto, they let it fall into oblivion. WE HAVE TO AVOID THIS. It’s in our name- BROTHERS in Arms! We can’t let each other go like that! So no matter what- if you are just absolutely horrid at following all of the other rules- you MUST care for this clan; give this clan your all, show us that it matters, and let’s turn it into something amazing together! :)

CURRENT SQUADS

Sham's Squad:
Squad Leader: (BiA*1]Luna
Elite: (BiA^1]Camo3d
Soldier: (BiA#1]WOOKIE
Soldier: - - - - -

Minit Squad
Squad Leader: (BiA]Soap[BiA)
Elite: - - - - -
Soldier: (BiA#2]Lsin98
Soldier: (BiA#2]Row (IISOD}row{CO)
Soldier: (BiA#2]Platinum

To-Be Assigned:
-N/A

TO BE RECRUITED:
-N/A

SUFFERING FROM INACTIVITY:
-Mata

(We'll explain the tagging system once we've got more people in the clan.)
CONTENT TO BE CONTINUED…
Last edited by SoapToDaChoppa on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Image Image
SoapToDaChoppa

Re: ̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \᷆BROTHERS IN ARMS ̏᷇•᷃҃/ ᷅҉҄ \҄ IS BACK FO

Postby LJ123211 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm

It's great to see this clan start up again. I kinda regret joining [SAS] now(No offense to Cipher). In the future I may attempt to re-join BiA.
-SNPR
[LoS]SNPR
Proud founder and leader of The League of Snipers Clan-[LoS]

Bolt actions speak louder than words

Wanna join [LoS]? Here's a link!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15177

Endreo2013 (green): SNPR AIMBOT
LJ123211

Postby BluR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:09 pm

When will you be recruiting?, I would really like to have a try at joining
Code: Select all
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/USrjq.png[/IMG]
BluR

Postby SoapToDaChoppa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 pm

We're recruiting right now! :D Go to Shams Little Pony for now and try to find Luna whenever you're on, she'll get you started off in our current squad on that server. Then, once we have multiple members, we'll put a squad in more servers!
Image Image
SoapToDaChoppa

Postby xF1avour » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Iv been waiting for this for ages! I wana join xD well here's bout my self I'm 12 and I live in Adelaide australia. Tjanks
F1avour
xF1avour

Postby Tin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Aren't you in wolf pack?
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby SoapToDaChoppa » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 am

Tin wrote:Aren't you in wolf pack?

Me? :S

And love the excitement Flavour, if you see me or Luna anywhere just ask to be recruited and we'll tell you the rest!
Image Image
SoapToDaChoppa

Postby Ultrayoshi49 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25 am

Well I for one welcome the return of our soapy overlords.
[21:31] <+fLaMeOnCrack> Tell DE I'm sorry for insulting his greatness and if allowed, I would be happy to kiss his ass
Ultrayoshi49
Komrade Member

Postby MUSEFan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 am

I hope this clan gets back to it‘s original glory, I‘ve never had the pleasure to see BiA in action.

Good luck!
Last edited by MUSEFan on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ Click to go to Freedom Fighters' official sub-section!
CIMCCIKOTCM wrote:Idiot no aimbot there, that's pro shit right there.
MUSEFan
[FF] Leader

Postby xF1avour » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 am

I propaly won't be able to play till another 3 hours. I play on aloha pinpoint
F1avour
xF1avour

Postby row0001 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 am

yay im so happy this is back on
row0001

Postby xF1avour » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:17 am

Edit: sop I'll be on in 30 mins so I'll meet you on a server then?
F1avour
xF1avour

Postby SoapToDaChoppa » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 am

Sure, which server would you mind trying to get on Minit US- Assault?
Image Image
SoapToDaChoppa

Postby row0001 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:41 am

assult okay i will be on
row0001

Postby xF1avour » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:42 am

Aloha pinpoint. I'll be on when my mum gets off the computer.
F1avour
xF1avour

Next

Return to Clans