Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The clan council is looking for members.

Home of the AoS Clan scene

Re: [OPEN] Clan council.

Postby Defaulter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Doctor wrote:
Kibblez wrote:
Defaulter wrote:I would just like to make clear something I misconceived before hand. i did not realize that people would be allowed to apply.

I thought they would be hand chosen by the administration, and having no chance to apply is something i have always heavily disagreed with (any of the red shirts can confirm that for you xD). And though i still on principle do not agree with the anonymous nature of the council,

this being that all actions by those in power no matter how minute must always be performed in the broad daylight of truth. If men must gather in shadows to make decisions for the AoS community, then it does make me guess as to the legitimacy of the decisions? perhaps not. I do however understand why the member-list is kept priv, and i suppose given the nature of the decision making it is necessary.

tl;dr: hm, perhaps i spoke to soon.

The anonymity of such a board of members is very crucial. This council is -not- a congress; they are merely trusted or acceptable members of a community worthy of choosing who should have a clan section or not.
The fact that such members would dedicate time to such a task is nice; especially since the application process seems rigorous, one can only assume that all of these members have a strong sense of equality and equal-chance. Better to be a few men in shadows, than one man in broad daylight. The legitimacy of those deciding is not necessarily for anyone to question considering the nature of the clans that already have their own sections; most, if not all, of these clans are ran with nearly the same organization and maturity as the others. While they may not all be extravagant in their maturity, most people here are kids anyway; all the council is really trying to ensure is that the leaders will be capable of being just that: leaders.

Should leaders allow their clan's members to get out of hand, then obviously that clan is not worthy of upholding such responsibility; in such a case, the clan would not receive a spot.

These decisions are not made overnight, as clearly stated in the topic; these decisions could take several days, weeks even. If a clan so wishes to have such a worthy position among a large community, such as this one, they should have to prove they are worthy of it. I understand you're concerned with the fact you have nobody to challenge should one fail to receive the responsibility he/she wishes to assume, but simply put, there is no matter of answering the right questions or cajoling one who has authority over you; as a few actions among peers will speak far louder than all the words you can breathe to those with authority.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Image

As I have had to state several times now RE-READ my first post. "I do however understand why the member-list is kept priv, and i suppose given the nature of the decision making it is necessary." <-- read. Yes I perfectly understand WHY it is priv. Please stop posting very long winded and thoughtful explanations to me as to why it is priv, when I have already confirmed to you I understand why.

Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Re: The clan council is looking for members.

Postby Kibblez » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

I read it all, including the part where you stated you understood.
While what people were explaining was correct, it wasn't very accurate.

The mere objective of my "long winded and thoughtful explanation to [you]" was simply to expand on your questions which would be a common inquiry from many individuals. You had questions from the beginning of your post, while you came to realize the answers to the questions you chose to have; you still made it a point to post on it :P

Why disagree with the anonymity of it, only to agree before someone else has anything to say?

Again, it was not exactly meant for you either, but more for to expand as to why it is the way it is.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby Defaulter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Kibblez wrote:I read it all, including the part where you stated you understood.
While what people were explaining was correct, it wasn't very accurate.

The mere objective of my "long winded and thoughtful explanation to [you]" was simply to expand on your questions which would be a common inquiry from many individuals. You had questions from the beginning of your post, while you came to realize the answers to the questions you chose to have; you still made it a point to post on it :P

Why disagree with the anonymity of it, only to agree before someone else has anything to say?

Again, it was not exactly meant for you either, but more for to expand as to why it is the way it is.

yes, a fairly good point. As to why I made a post which I contradicted very quickly, was because I made the first post in haste, and don't like to edit old posts if I can help it. Thank you for pointing that out :>
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby Kibblez » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Ah I see, yeah, I wasn't trying to make you look like an idiot or cause a problem lol. I should get more active on the forums.. I usually just hang around TSB and Aloha.pk lol.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby CommanderCody » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:16 am

Could I try out for this 'clan council'?
It sounds like a good idea :)
| Join {AGAN} Today | IGN-AGANComandrCody | I Am a Combine |
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby Doctor » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 am

Anyone is feel to apply, so as long you aren't banned or are ban evading.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby CommanderCody » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 am

and you are suspecting that I am evading ban?
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby Tin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 am

His message was not heading to you. It was for all members, not you only.
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby CommanderCody » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Tin, I was being semi-scarcastic, anyway what do you have to do to apply Doc?
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby Tin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 pm

I didn't seem sarcastic though. I am not Doc, but you have to send your application to Clan Managers. If I am right, there is no template. You have to tell about yourself, etc.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby CommanderCody » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Tin wrote:I didn't seem sarcastic though. I am not Doc, but you have to send your application to Clan Managers. If I am right, there is no template. You have to tell about yourself, etc.

I said semi-scarcastic.

Anyway stuff this, Im just gonna make an appliication and try to get {AGAN} into the clan council.
CommanderCody
{AGAN} Leader

Postby Tin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 pm

AGAN as a clan? If so, I think that every member will have to write an application himself.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Lastman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Can I ask when one would expect a reply after sending in an application?
Lastman
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby USABxBOOYO » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Lastman wrote:Can I ask when one would expect a reply after sending in an application?

When the Council has decided.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby Lastman » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Helpful xD
Lastman
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Previous

Return to Clans