Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[OPEN] Clan council.

Home of the AoS Clan scene

[OPEN] Clan council.

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:59 am

What is the council?
For those who still don't know, the clan council is an anonymous group of people which discuss the applications from clans in order to become official and receive their own subsection under clans. The members remain anonymous to prevent them from being hassled about the decisions which the council makes. The council has a hidden board, in which their discussions and votes take place.

State of the council: Open.

We are taking applications for subsections, if you wish to apply send a PM to the clan managers usergroup (make sure to choose the usergroup in the box highlighted in the previous URL) with the following format,

Clan name:
Clan tag:
Link to your clan's thread:
Link to any external forums (if any):
Clan section description:
Leaders name:

Copy and paste this then add the information of your clan.
Code: Select all
[b]Clan name:[/b]

[b]Clan tag: [/b]

[b]Link to your clan's thread:[/b]

[b]Link to any external forums (if any):[/b]

[b]Clan section description:[/b]

[b]Leaders name:[/b]

Make sure you've read the clan guidelines and meet the requirements, note that all request have been reset, meaning that you will have to reapply. Note that you can also request the revival of a clan the same way once you meet the requirements, all the information you will need is in the clan guidelines thread.

Clans currently under discussion:
  • FX
  • SKL
  • L3GEND
  • ArmyProz

NOTE: If you are looking to apply to join the council read the council recruitment thread, there is no format you need to follow in order to fill an application to join the council, do not use the one above.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Re: Clan council.

Postby DUHsoALEX » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:33 am

Alright so i'm assuming your going to be in the board... but I like this clan council because it will stop clans that immediately shut down a few days after they get their subsection. Good idea creating the 'council'
DUHsoALEX

Postby Defaulter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am

hm, meh.

I can see it's worth, and I can why the red shirts like the idea. But I don't think it will be filled by people that have a good understanding of AoS clans. People such as the Op and SloW the global for instance have a great understanding of AoS clans.

If the council is also populated by the other moderators/global mods I will be worried about the worth of the judgement. They are good moderators, but only Doc/slow/USABxBOOYO have any extensive experiences with clans. Then taking a look at the community, there is no one who would be added to the council that DOES have clan experience.

So through logical deduction this brings about the rather unfortunate conclusion that the clan council WILL mainly be populated by users/moderators/admins that really don't have much understanding of clans. And how can one pass fair and just judgement on what one does not understand?

And having seen a few of the council members, I can certainly say that I am not far off the mark.

-------

Now during my questioning It was revealed that people are added to the council that the council want and trust. Im taking the word /want/ to mean /like/ for intents and purposes. Now given the red shirts history of choosing moderators etc they have very very high standards, and after looking around alot, I can honestly say there is very VERY few people in the community that have good clan experience and are also trusted and/or liked by administration. In fact I don't think there are any.

So the clan council will be another group of the same old people administration has always trusted and liked. This clan council is nothing new, it's another branch of administrations control in the forums. Just this time they haven't done it very well, i.e lack of members with good understanding of the clans they are supposed to judging.

(eh, inb4 im reprimanded in public or priv for this post)

--------

of course we can't even contact them to voice our opinions on the matter, they are all anon. So ill just say it here.

Hello anon's! o/

Anyhow, just food for thought.
Last edited by Defaulter on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby neblaz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 am

I agree with DE, Having a clan council won't change the fact that this "Clan" got a number of people that is enough to get them a subsection and going inactive, i say we leave it like it was and get the forum mods to be more active
Just a deadman walking
neblaz
Bastion Member

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 am

I agree with some of Defaulter's statements. Council should be filled with members that have clan expirience. They can clearly see good/bad sides of clan. All we can hope is that anon council will have clan expirienced members.
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Defaulter wrote:hm, meh.

I can see it's worth, and I can why the red shirts like the idea. But I don't think it will be filled by people that have a good understanding of AoS clans.

Why would you think so, you don't know who is in the council nor who could possibly form part of it. Members were not/will not be randomly chosen by their social status among the community but their knowledge presented in an application or simply an interview.

Defaulter wrote:If the council is also populated by the other moderators/global mods I will be worried about the worth of the judgement. They are good moderators, but only Doc/slow/USABxBOOYO have any extensive experiences with clans.

Moderators/global moderators may or may not have access to the council board, aside from that, the council is separated from the rest of the staff.

Defaulter wrote:Then taking a look at the community, there is no one who would be added to the council that DOES have clan experience.

How could you be so sure? Experience will not be the only main thing to be discussed towards the addition of a new council member.

Defaulter wrote:So through logical deduction this brings about the rather unfortunate conclusion that the clan council WILL mainly be populated by users/moderators/admins that really don't have much understanding of clans. And obviously how can they make fair and educated judgements over something that they do not understand?

Why yes the clan council will be mainly populated by users/moderators/admins, but what else is there to it in the community? Moderators and administrators may or may not be involved, but if they were already trusted to be granted with these important tasks that hold the community, you would assume through logical deduction that these people would also be capable of debating and forming well written statements to voice their non biased opinion of a clan being discussed.

To answer your question, you could not possibly know who the council members are or will be so that question is somewhat self-contradictory.
Defaulter wrote:of course we can't even contact them to voice our opinions on the matter, they are all anon. So ill just say it here.

Of course you can't contact them, their task is not to respond to questions, it is to review, discuss and debate clans.

--

neblaz wrote:I agree with DE, Having a clan council won't change the fact that this "Clan" got a number of people that is enough to get them a subsection and going inactive, i say we leave it like it was and get the forum mods to be more active

Having a clan council won't change the fact that "Clan" got a number of people that is enough to get them a subsection and going inactive indeed. The council is not meant to do that, all the waiting before clans can actually apply and after they received a response (it will usually take weeks before the discussion of a clan is done) will be more than enough to notice of all of the members in a clan are committed enough to maintain a clan, many clans come and go, we are aware of that.

---

Tin wrote:I agree with some of Defaulter's statements. Council should be filled with members that have clan expirience. They can clearly see good/bad sides of clan. All we can hope is that anon council will have clan expirienced members.

Additions to the clan council will be thoroughly discussed, high requirements to be met will be set.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Defaulter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:06 pm

Doctor wrote:
Defaulter wrote:hm, meh.

I can see it's worth, and I can why the red shirts like the idea. But I don't think it will be filled by people that have a good understanding of AoS clans.

Why would you think so, you don't know who is in the council nor who could possibly form part of it. Members were not/will not be randomly chosen by their social status among the community but their knowledge presented in an application or simply an interview.

Defaulter wrote:If the council is also populated by the other moderators/global mods I will be worried about the worth of the judgement. They are good moderators, but only Doc/slow/USABxBOOYO have any extensive experiences with clans.

Moderators/global moderators may or may not have access to the council board, aside from that, the council is separated from the rest of the staff.

Defaulter wrote:Then taking a look at the community, there is no one who would be added to the council that DOES have clan experience.

How could you be so sure? Experience will not be the only main thing to be discussed towards the addition of a new council member.

Defaulter wrote:So through logical deduction this brings about the rather unfortunate conclusion that the clan council WILL mainly be populated by users/moderators/admins that really don't have much understanding of clans. And obviously how can they make fair and educated judgements over something that they do not understand?

Why yes the clan council will be mainly populated by users/moderators/admins, but what else is there to it in the community? Moderators and administrators may or may not be involved, but if they were already trusted to be granted with these important tasks that hold the community, you would assume through logical deduction that these people would also be capable of debating and forming well written statements to voice their non biased opinion of a clan being discussed.

To answer your question, you could not possibly know who the council members are or will be so that question is somewhat self-contradictory.
Defaulter wrote:of course we can't even contact them to voice our opinions on the matter, they are all anon. So ill just say it here.

Of course you can't contact them, their task is not to respond to questions, it is to review, discuss and debate clans.

in the most respectful way possible, I question the council's ability to make good judgements, why? because most members will not have good clan experience. And this im very very sure of.

YES maybe the members are rational people, maybe they are level headed and for general things have good judgement. But that lack of experience and knowledge about clans negates all that. You can NOT fairly judge something of which you have little understanding.

Either way; arguing my point, or putting it forward in this community has only ever caused me trouble, so i will take my leave.

I wish the council good luck in their task. And I hope it works out for the better of the AoS community.

P.S I would like to apologise if anyone was offended in the manor of which I put forward my view on this. It's just the clans section is something Im very passionate about. If you want to discuss things further, feel free to PM me in IRC
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Postby topologist » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Defaulter wrote:in the most respectful way possible, I question the council's ability to make good judgements, why? because most members will not have good clan experience. And this im very very sure of.

YES maybe the members are rational people, maybe they are level headed and for general things have good judgement. But that lack of experience and knowledge about clans negates all that. You can NOT fairly judge something of which you have little understanding.

Either way; arguing my point, or putting it forward in this community has only ever caused me trouble, so i will take my leave.

I wish the council good luck in their task. And I hope it works out for the better of the AoS community.

How can you question the ability of a group that you know nothing about to make decisions that they were specifically selected to make? In your own words, you can NOT fairly judge something of which you have little understanding.
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Defaulter wrote:in the most respectful way possible, I question the council's ability to make good judgements, why? because most members will not have good clan experience. And this im very very sure of.

The people you saw in the council channel when you joined/parted were there just so we could get Q in the channel, staff members which I called to idle there just for that moment. Most members aren't there yet. :)
Defaulter wrote:YES maybe the members are rational people, maybe they are level headed and for general things have good judgement. But that lack of experience and knowledge about clans negates all that. You can NOT fairly judge something of which you have little understanding.

Again, how would you know the knowledge/experience a council member has if you don't know who they are? Their identities as part of the council are anonymous and will remain that way.
Defaulter wrote:Either way; arguing my point, or putting it forward in this community has only ever caused me trouble, so i will take my leave.

There is no real trouble towards this, voicing your opinion is not troublesome in my opinion at least.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:21 pm

topologist wrote:

How can you question the ability of a group that you know nothing about to make decisions that they were specifically selected to make? In your own words, you can NOT fairly judge something of which you have little understanding.

You are right. We cannot know who will be in council and what decissions will they make. I think that who ever is choosing members will choose expirienced, rational and objective members. Good thing is activity checks. There will be no more dead sub-sections.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Fleischgeruch » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Tin wrote:You are right. We cannot know who will be in council and what decissions will they make. I think that who ever is choosing members will choose expirienced, rational and objective members. Good thing is activity checks. There will be no more dead sub-sections.

I don't think that's gonna help. Judging by the fact that WWS,TBK and OCU are still up on the list and yet have been dead for months.

I bet you guys have F1avour in the clan council, hence why you prefer to leave the members anonymous. o_O
Attention - User no longer active.
Supprising. Funny. Intidimating.
<+Enari> well, i've slept with 29 yearold that looks yunger
Fleischgeruch

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Fleischgeruch wrote:
Tin wrote:You are right. We cannot know who will be in council and what decissions will they make. I think that who ever is choosing members will choose expirienced, rational and objective members. Good thing is activity checks. There will be no more dead sub-sections.

I don't think that's gonna help. Judging by the fact that WWS,TBK and OCU are still up on the list and yet have been dead for months.

I bet you guys have F1avour in the clan council, hence why you prefer to leave the members anonymous. o_O

Those clans are on the top because their sub-section was created before other clans sub-sections. As I understood, dead clans are one of the reasons to make this new system. Now these clans are going to lose their sub-section. It is good because they are not even using it.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Fleischgeruch wrote:

The council won't, the people in charge of the council and the new clan system will perform activity checks and take care of removing dead clans. Note that we are still sorting a few things out.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Doctor, who should we send applications for sub-section?

And what is with that part "PM clan admin" ?

When you are ready and meet the requirements, you will PM an application to a clan mod or a clan admin following the current format:

I do not understand that then.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

We will decide whether it is best to receive applications through PMs or allow people to make threads as they do now, which I am against due to the fact that some people will post their applications just because they are seeing other people do, without meeting the requirements.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Next

Return to Clans