Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[OPEN] Clan council.

Home of the AoS Clan scene

Re: Clan council.

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Doctor wrote:We will decide whether it is best to receive applications through PMs or allow people to make threads as they do now, which I am against due to the fact that some people will post their applications just because they are seeing other people do, without meeting the requirements.

Yes, less people will make applications that do meet the requirements if you make it through PM, but making thread is more official. And currently pending applications will have to be reapplied?
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Tin wrote:
Doctor wrote:We will decide whether it is best to receive applications through PMs or allow people to make threads as they do now, which I am against due to the fact that some people will post their applications just because they are seeing other people do, without meeting the requirements.

Yes, less people will make applications that do meet the requirements if you make it through PM, but making thread is more official. And currently pending applications will have to be reapplied?

It doesn't really make it any more official, making a thread would just notify people. Once everything settles down we'll figure out when to open the council, then there's the possibility of managing the applications through PMs or by threads, so yes, clans will have to reapply if they meet the requirements.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby bonjovirules » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am

This council seems liek a great idea, as long as the right people are selected.

IGN: [G33K][FF] alex
bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby CipherStorm » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Well I'm confused now. Where do sub-section applications CURRENTLY go? In the "Clans" section, there is a topic that says "Apply/Amend for Sub-Sections,"where many people (including I) have already begun new threads of their own as an application. But now, inside the topic, there is ANOTHER topic that says "Sub-Sections" with a mini description that states: "Request sub-sections." I'm am currently incoherent with the current forum. Could someone explain?
Wanna join [LoS]? http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15177

Unraveling the mysteries, one encryption at a time.

--[LoS][SAS]Cipher
[LoS] - ORLC - Clan Officer

Check out my mods! viewtopic.php?f=71&t=11189
CipherStorm

Postby Tin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

CipherStorm wrote:Well I'm confused now. Where do sub-section applications CURRENTLY go? In the "Clans" section, there is a topic that says "Apply/Amend for Sub-Sections,"where many people (including I) have already begun new threads of their own as an application. But now, inside the topic, there is ANOTHER topic that says "Sub-Sections" with a mini description that states: "Request sub-sections." I'm am currently incoherent with the current forum. Could someone explain?

Okay, so. They have not made decission whether sub-section applications will be processed thorugh "Apply/admend" or through PM. Maybe they have made decission by now. Once council opens it will process applications. Anonymous council votes either yes or no. It takes around 2-4 weeks fot them to make final decission.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Doctor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 am

Pretty much what Tin said, that is the reason why the council isn't currently open. It shouldn't take longer than a week (a week being the maximum time it could possibly take to settle down) to set everything up and open the council, as well as beginning to recruit council members so we can get more opinions during discussions.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby CipherStorm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 am

That... eases my conscience a bit, thank you. So if the PM method is selected, the entire topic of "Apply/Amend for Sub-Sections" would be deleted, right? But how would we know which council member to PM too, and if it is just one person receiving the applications, couldn't they get overflowed and not be able to get things done efficiently? Also, if you have multiple people receiving PMs, how would you balance it out and maintain steady communication?

--[LoS][SAS]Cipher

CipherStorm

Postby Doctor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:26 am

You won't PM a council member, you will PM me, tGM and Tank in one same message.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Tin » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 am

So there is no more "apply/admend"? And when council gets opened we PM all three of you?
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Re: [OPEN] Clan council.

Postby Doctor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 am

Yes, it has been officially decided that we will manage applications via private messages. The clan council is now up and running.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby TheGrandmaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:52 am

Also, for future wanted additions/amendments to your section, do it by PM in the same way, preferably adding [Amend] to your subject title.
The apply/amend sections have been removed but I will work through the amendments that were in there, so no need to re-send those. Please be patient with that however as I'm going all over the place doing different things around the forums.
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby CipherStorm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:03 pm

I've forgotten. But what does it mean to "ammend' a subsection again? ._.

--[LoS][SAS]Cipher

CipherStorm

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 pm

It means you can add sections to your clan section. For instance, if you look in the USAB section, you'll see we have a "Server" section and a "Server Administrators" area (We might be getting rid of it soon, though). That didn't come standard, we had to ask for it. Also, if there's something wrong, like your Recruitment section is spelled "Recuitment", you would ask for that to be amended.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby CipherStorm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Ah. So it's much like just asking for improvements and edits.

--[LoS][SAS]Cipher

CipherStorm

Postby LASTofS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:21 am

Awesome, now mikuli can take a break from clan stuff.
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

PreviousNext

Return to Clans