Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Clan guidelines.

Home of the AoS Clan scene

Clan guidelines.

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 am

How to get started
To make your new clan, create a single thread in the Clans forum. Name the thread "[Clan Tag] Clan Name", for example "[Dota] Deuces of terror anarchy". Try to keep the clan tag as short as possible: there is a character limit for names in-game and if you want the clan to be accessible to people with long names you'll want a shorct tag. Make sure your name or tag isn't already taken or you will have to change it.

In the initial post of your thread you should include (follow your own format, but these are suggested to present a better image of a newly created clan):

• An explanation of how you plan to run your clan and how you make decisions.
  • Your in-clan rules. All clans must obey the forum rules when posting on the forum. These are any additional rules.
  • Aims or goals.
  • Optionally, an introduction to your clan or some background information so that people can find out about you.

In addition, you will need:
A list showing clearly who the leaders and all of the members are. For example:
Leaders:
Deuce1
Deuce2

Co-leaders:
Deuce3
Deuce4
Deuce5

Members:
Deuce6
Deuce7
Deuce8
Deuce9
Deuce10
Deuce11
Deuce12
Deuce13
Deuce14
Deuce15

Once the clan is 3 weeks old and 15 people partake in it, or more, you may apply to become an official clan. The formatting of the thread is entirely up to you, although it is advised that you add the information listed above.

Example of a decently organized clan thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9737

When you are ready and meet the requirements, you will PM the application using the following format to the clan managers,

Clan name:
Clan tag:
Link to your clan's thread:
Link to any external forums if you are using any:
Desired clan section description:
Leader(s) name:

Copy/Paste this and then edit:
Code: Select all
[b]Clan name:[/b]
[b]Clan tag:[/b]
[b]Link to your clan's thread:[/b]
[b]Link to any external forums if you are using any:[/b]
[b]Desired clan section description: [/b]
[b]Leader(s) name:[/b]

Once the application is received by a clan manager the request will be posted in the hidden council board. The council members will discuss and vote on your clan. Please do note that this process takes between two and four weeks, patience will be required from your side. Impatience will be seen as an act of immaturity from the clan leader(s) and could affect the future of your clan. If you are overly curious about how is the discussion about your clan going, you may inquire a clan manager for an idea of the direction it is taking, so as long as you ask nicely!

The clan managers are not required to give you any information regarding your application, but can if they wish.

If your application were to be rejected, you will have to wait another 3 weeks to re-apply.

Activity checks!
The clan managers will check on official clans randomly. If a clan is found to lacking in too many ways, its section will be removed. The things we look at are:

• Participation in events and wars,
  • In-game activity,
  • IRC activity,
  • Forum activity,
  • post quality.

If your clan doesn't live up to our requirements we'll start asking questions.

Maintaining a clan
All clans must have at least one leader. Clan leaders are responsible for how clan decisions are made as well as moderating the clan, unofficial or official.

Official clans can have their own moderators for their board. They are responsible for maintaining the order and cleanliness of it. They can also request changes to the board like adding another subsection or changing descriptions, adding more moderators (not an excessive number), etc. PM a clan manager if you need assistance with moderating.

Reviving a dead clan
This generally requires you to round up a few of the clan's former members. Once you've done that you must follow the regular application process like any other unofficial clan, when you are ready and meet the requirements PM mikuli explaining your situation. From there the council will re-discuss your clan based on the time lapse since you restarted the clan. If your clan looks prepared and clean enough, you might get your board right away. Otherwise you may have to start from 0 again, you may or may not use the same name.

If you simply want to use a dead clan's name, ask one of the old leaders for permission. Once you have permission you may start a new clan using their name. If you don't have their permission, bad luck.

Requesting an extra subsection (for official clan boards)
You may inquire a clan manager to grant you an extra subsection for your clan board once your clan becomes official, the current default subsections are "Matches" and "Recruitment, but requesting more (so as long at it is actually necessary) is a possibility, you may send a PM to the clan managers using the following format to fill a request,

Application layout:
Subsection name:
Description of it:
Reason for wanting this subsection including what it will be used for:

Copy/Paste this and then edit:
Code: Select all
[b]Subsection name:[/b]
[b]Description of it:[/b]
[b]Reason why you want this subsection:[/b]

Invasions
Unwanted posts made by "outsiders" to a clan - whether the clan is official or not - are called "invasions". These posts are often made to give useless personal input on personal manners or simply to be nosy. If you aren't a part of a clan, you should stay out of it unless you are allies with them. Having "allies" in your clans (the allies being outsiders) will also clear the air on whether people should feel free to post in your clan board/thread.

Reporting invasions
Here is an example of what an example report regarding invasion should look like,
We inquired him to stop here (<- preferably with a link), and he's just ignoring our warnings.

This is something you should never base a report on,
I do not like this person because his posts are lame please ban him

Some invasions are allowed, but not all of them. Do not simply report a post just because they invaded your clan (Read as: posted in your board/thread without the leader's approval). If you don't want them to do this, give them a personal notice that his/her posts are not welcome. If they insist then feel free to report these negative unwanted posts.

Any which follows a warning is considered an illegal invasion, and is a punishable offense. If you report on these, it's helpful to include in your report the warning they received, whether it was a PM or a link to the post where you publicly warned them to stop.

Useful links:
Status of the clan council.
A gamers guide to starting an online clan or gaming team - A very useful read if you're thinking of starting a clan, I strongly suggest you read it!
Last edited by Doctor on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Re: Clan guidelines.

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am

Great guide Doc!
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby TheGrandmaster » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:02 am

This is as part of the new clan system outlined in the recent news post on the blog. http://www.ace-spades.com/the-intel-re-cap-issue-6/
IGN: TheGrandmaster or <@tGM~wiki> | #AoS: IRC channel
<@mikuli> the bad part in this plan is that it involves an already busy tea-drinking scone chomper with a monocle
Latest AoS video: here
TheGrandmaster
Site Admin

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am

This isn't a guide though, this is the explanation of the new system!

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread, that is the main reason I didn't lock the topic to begin with.

-ninja'd
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby Tin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 am

Well it isn't a guide. Wrong choice of words.
Edit: I am sorry, I have not fully understood application part. So if I want to apply for a sub-section, I have to make application on "Apply/admend for a sub-section" and PM site admin?
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Ultrasonic » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks Doc, this'll help clan leaders like me.
Tin wrote:So if I want to apply for a sub-section, I have to make application on "Apply/ammend for a sub-section" and PM site admin?

No, only PM Clan Moderator or Clan Admin (essentially the same thing).
IGN: {DSC]Alpha | Ex-Leader of [G3N], current Leader of {DSC] | Latest Video: EPIC sKILLS Entry #2
Ultrasonic

Location: Ditching Sleepy while he went to the toilet, leaving him to pay, and me a free cup o' mooch

Postby Tin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:21 am

Ultrasonic wrote:Thanks Doc, this'll help clan leaders like me.
Tin wrote:So if I want to apply for a sub-section, I have to make application on "Apply/ammend for a sub-section" and PM site admin?

No, only PM Clan Moderator or Clan Admin (essentially the same thing).

Doctor said that they have not chosen way to get sub-section yet.
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Doctor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:26 am

The decision has been made, we will take applications of any sorts through PMs.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:18 pm

I'd like to add that if you PM'd someone to stop after an invasion and they failed to take your warning, report the PM you sent and then report the player. You can report a PM the same way you can report a post, simply click the white exclamation point in the top-right hand corner of the PM. If you do this, we will be able to see that you warned them via PM and is legitimate proof that the warning occured. Saying "I PM'd him to stop and he didn't" without reporting the PM you sent is not valid proof as we can't actually see if you did or not.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby LoneGreyWolf » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:26 pm

sooo..... PM you?
LoneWolf
LoneGreyWolf

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:31 pm

If you want to apply for a subsection, yes.
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby boombamwam » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:56 pm

OK I have a clan I want to do but I have no clue if it is ok
name [One Shot One Kill] OSOK
? don't know what it means
?
? boombamwam or epic ave let me know if this is ok
boo ya to you losers :p
boombamwam

Postby Doctor » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

You already made it - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12296

Read this guide and format your clan thread however you want it: http://www.nextgg.com/How-to-start-a-cl ... -team.html
Doctor
Retired Staff Member

Postby MewTwo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Great guid for new clans! :) GJ
MewTwo

Postby tcarson » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 am

doc i cannot make a clan tag and i am rushing help me
becareful nether look behind if you do your done for. becareful of my rifle if i see you i'll shoot and you'll be dead

Go to this link for my mods:
http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=8927
tcarson

Next

Return to Clans