Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The New Rifle ... Sigh ...

Komrades, a large, strong and active clan on Ace Of Spades, with the clan tag being “Komrades”, founded by KomradeKodinsky, KomradeKorakoff and KomradeKasparov. The Komrades have continued to strive for 6 months now making it the longest running clan in all of Ace of Spades, and most arguably successful. If you’re looking for a clan to enrich your Ace of Spades experience off and on the field, then the Komrades is perfect for you, with highly active members and leaders who are great at the game and friendly. Remember, Komrades master clan!

The New Rifle ... Sigh ...

Postby TheVirgo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:53 am

Honestly, I can say without fear of contradiction (at least from the player's who know any better, i.e Komrades) that the new .76 rifle is absolutely horrendous. I could grab my thesaurus and find many different ways to describe it, but it's rather pointless. For those of you who have not tried .76, let me say that, if you main as a rifleman, be prepared to be disappointed. One second between shots (not joking, it's between .5 and 1 second), 5 bullets per clip ... it's barely usable. As Korakoff said, it's faster to throw the grenades than use the rifle. In fact, I am sure KomradeWaluigi needs therapy after his short playthrough with the new rifle. Everybody take a moment and give him a hug.

This is mostly a warning to the other Komrades. I wanted to say something about how awful it was on the main discussion but ... really ... I just can't. It will do no good and the many idiots and n00bs would rather votekick a good rifler out of the server than try and use it will come from miles around to tell me how I should "stop crying n00b". (I'm looking at you, Putin.)

I just ... ugh. I think I was going to make a point in this thread, but I don't even know what to say. Or who to blame. Should we blame Ben? Or all the 9-year-olds that flooded this game and now make up the majority? Perhaps, most likely, they are both to blame. I just don't even know.

So, uh, I guess we can have a clan discussion on the new rifle. Away from the mainstream audience of SMG deuces who are probably very happy that those of us who know how to use the rifle won't really be able to anymore and will fill up the thread with their bile. So, your thoughts?
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Re: The New Rifle ... Sigh ...

Postby KomradeFreeze » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 pm

simply,
if the rifle is bad, iam bad and then iam not sure if i'll play AOS much.
they have to fix it.. no other conclusion
Oh dat laggggggggggggg
KomradeFreeze
Komrade Member

Postby TheVirgo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 pm

KomradeFreeze wrote:simply,
if the rifle is bad, iam bad and then iam not sure if i'll play AOS much.
they have to fix it.. no other conclusion

I only urge you, then, to take a look at the .76 Change Log thread, or my own thread on a possible workaround. http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=11428

People are so intent to make it only have 5-bullets. It frustrates me and sickens me.

What I am getting at is that the pathetic people who play this game *WANT* us, the good players, to not be so adept at killing them. It makes me absolutely sick, to be honest.
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby KomradeKorakoff » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:48 pm

Bottom line is, with the prerelease, no matter which way you look at it is that rifle is going to be extremely hard to adjust to. The with each update I see, the weapons from the previous version seem more perfect. Same case here. 0.75 weapons, in comparison to 0.76 is more than perfect. UNLIKE the 0.75 update, however, this one isn't one that you can really adjust to. The current rifle aim is okay. It takes practice, but okay. I know this is just a prerelease, but Ben, if you read this, if the game seems to continue this wretched path, then you will lose customers. Including myself.
ImageImageImage
IRC link above ^ | <AGANCommanderCody> You really think we want a clan match against you guys, you Aimbotted last time and were GBLed on a canadian server for Hacking. <-- alart guys komrades delicious aimbot
KomradeKorakoff
Komrade Leader

Postby Mariokillu » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 pm

KomradeKorakoff wrote:I know this is just a prerelease, but Ben, if you read this, if the game seems to continue this wretched path, then you will lose customers. Including myself.

If I had a dime for every time you have said this.... :P
Mariokillu

Postby KomradeKorakoff » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Considering that it's not only me, you know ;)
ImageImageImage
IRC link above ^ | <AGANCommanderCody> You really think we want a clan match against you guys, you Aimbotted last time and were GBLed on a canadian server for Hacking. <-- alart guys komrades delicious aimbot
KomradeKorakoff
Komrade Leader

Postby Mariokillu » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am

KomradeKorakoff wrote:Considering that it's not only me, you know ;)

You're just making me a rich man if you put it that way. :P
Mariokillu

Postby KomradeFreeze » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 am

MKU wrote:I only urge you, then, to take a look at the .76 Change Log thread, or my own thread on a possible workaround. http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=11428

I visited #AOS yesterday, download link was in the topic so i tried .76 out, and yea this is not good..
Oh dat laggggggggggggg
KomradeFreeze
Komrade Member

Postby HoboHob » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Atleast rifle has 100% accuracy :D

And a .5 second shot interval isn't that bad.

Three shots a second, and if you can't kill a guy in 3 shots then you really should be using the SMG.

The only thing I don't like is the 5 round clip and 40 reserve ammo.
HoboHob

Postby KomradeFreeze » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:14 pm

HoboHop wrote:Three shots a second, and if you can't kill a guy in 3 shots then you really should be using the SMG.

i dont agree.. we cant kill people the fast as we really want. 1 shot should be enought for a kill, so if the rifle is slow, we can kill less.
Oh dat laggggggggggggg
KomradeFreeze
Komrade Member

Postby kmaj » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm

HoboHob wrote:Atleast rifle has 100% accuracy :D

Three shots a second, and if you can't kill a guy in 3 shots then you really should be using the SMG.

Pardon my intromising, but the .5 second interval was before .76, now it's almost one second, therefore it's one shot a second.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby HoboHob » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:26 pm

kmaj wrote:
HoboHob wrote:Atleast rifle has 100% accuracy :D

Pardon my intromising, but the .5 second interval was before .76, now it's almost one second, therefore it's one shot a second.

Oh. Well still. Just be patient and wait for a good shot.

Camping is the name of the game.
HoboHob

Postby Varun » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah, no. I can't believe it could be that bad. Putin, eat ur heart out. So what you are saying is that streaking a bunch of people in a second or two is impossible now? I want to try 0.76, just to see.

All they do, with every update, is make it easier for noobs to have a better game. Sad really.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby HoboHob » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:27 pm

I was playing 0.76, and everyone was using rifles. I whipped out SMG and owned everyone, no exceptions. They couldn't stop me. If they missed they were dead, if they hit me I didn't die. Rifle sucks so badly.
HoboHob

Postby KomradeKorakoff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:15 am

It's bad to the point that deuces can own me in a rifle duel now. And I don't typically die.
ImageImageImage
KomradeKorakoff
Komrade Leader

Next

Return to Komrades