Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The New Rifle ... Sigh ...

Komrades, a large, strong and active clan on Ace Of Spades, with the clan tag being “Komrades”, founded by KomradeKodinsky, KomradeKorakoff and KomradeKasparov. The Komrades have continued to strive for 6 months now making it the longest running clan in all of Ace of Spades, and most arguably successful. If you’re looking for a clan to enrich your Ace of Spades experience off and on the field, then the Komrades is perfect for you, with highly active members and leaders who are great at the game and friendly. Remember, Komrades master clan!

Re: The New Rifle ... Sigh ...

Postby HoboHob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:49 am

KomradeKorakoff wrote:It's bad to the point that deuces can own me in a rifle duel now. And I don't typically die.

Da truth, I killed him a few times.

Though to be honest he was still doing better than me.
HoboHob

Postby SilverAce23 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I like the new rifle. It didnt seem to have much of a weakness. You are supposed to take your time on your shots. Also you can do some streaking with the rifle, just dont miss so much. Also the clip makes you want to do more headshots, because doing 2 chest shots and a limb shot leaves you with 2 bullets left. So it is good to change the rifle because now its more challenging. Also now it encourages me to be more flexible with the game and start using other classes instead of sticking with the rifle and start shooting a bit mindlessly.
SilverAce23
Komrade Member

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Its still the best weapon, its not like that changed.
Fluttershy

Postby Varun » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 am

SilverAce23 wrote:I like the new rifle. It didnt seem to have much of a weakness. You are supposed to take your time on your shots. Also you can do some streaking with the rifle, just dont miss so much. Also the clip makes you want to do more headshots, because doing 2 chest shots and a limb shot leaves you with 2 bullets left. So it is good to change the rifle because now its more challenging. Also now it encourages me to be more flexible with the game and start using other classes instead of sticking with the rifle and start shooting a bit mindlessly.

Well, my shots are rarely anything other than headshots anyway, so they've basically halved the amount of kills per clip a person can get. And it will make charging an enemy position pretty impossible. Yesterday I used the rifle's rapid fire to slaughter half the blue team on pinpoint. If I was using the new rifle, I would have gotten one or two kills, three tops. I tried 0.76 a few days ago by the way, and I have to admit I don't like the new rifle very much. I'd much rather stay with 0.75's rifle.

I would have been ok with an ammo decrease, maybe, but slowing it down is just to give noobs a chance to kill you. If you were facing a ouple of smgers with 0.75's rifle, you would have a decent chance to take them out. You'd be incredibly lucky to get them both with 0.76's rifle. That's just my view though.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby KomradeKorakoff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:07 am

Right. I tried playing on 0.7 again today, and was boss. 0.76 and 0.7 contrast is amazing in terms of gameplay
ImageImageImage
IRC link above ^ | <AGANCommanderCody> You really think we want a clan match against you guys, you Aimbotted last time and were GBLed on a canadian server for Hacking. <-- alart guys komrades delicious aimbot
KomradeKorakoff
Komrade Leader

Postby EgO » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 am

^^Agreed, although I must say; .70 to me felt completely different after getting used to .75, it just felt off!
EgO
Komrade Member

Postby TheVirgo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:17 pm

KomradeKorakoff wrote:Right. I tried playing on 0.7 again today, and was boss. 0.76 and 0.7 contrast is amazing in terms of gameplay

You played .70 again? WHY WAS I NOT INVITED?! D':
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby KomradeKorakoff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Beep me on IRC if you want :P
ImageImageImage
IRC link above ^ | <AGANCommanderCody> You really think we want a clan match against you guys, you Aimbotted last time and were GBLed on a canadian server for Hacking. <-- alart guys komrades delicious aimbot
KomradeKorakoff
Komrade Leader

Postby Knox » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 pm

OFF TOPIC: you are playing 0.70?! May I... Maybe... Join you sometime (even if I am not in Komrades)? >.< I would love that, especially if Virgo is playing. Ah, I still remember that epic match we had on Minit, playing on Hiesville. Those were good days.

On topic: I too, have to admit that I dislike the changes that have been applied to the rifle. And there seems to be an increase of (9-year old...) SMG noobs. I hope it won't get more... childish because of that.

But if any of you quits AoS, I suggest you switch to Starbound, a hillarious 2D indie side-scrolling space adventure sandbox RPG (yes, I see the paradox in that, but it will be that way) which is released at the end of this summer. I have made a thorough post about the game with collected info, released screenshots and quotes from the devs and useful links. I suggest you check it out! *The topic is "Starbound!!". I can't send you a link because I am using my Sony Ericsson from the middle ages.
Click here for my Mods * Click to join Born 2 Kill

Serj Tankian wrote:...you have to create a fire in your own back yard before infecting the world...
Knox

Postby Varun » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:16 am

I honestly don't know how I'm going to adapt. Adapting to 0.75 wasn't too difficulty, practice made perfect, but the new rifle is totally different. I'm going to have to change my entire play style, and that won't be easy, or good. If the rifle gets changed back in the update after this one (0.80?/0.77?) i'm going to have to change back to my old play style. That will be tedious and annoying to say the least.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby xBURGERx » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 am

Imageㄍㄍits even worse
xBURGERx

Location: Burger King, a box outside, Dallas (went broke from playn poker)

Postby TheVirgo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:59 am

Just played the latest version with Kora. We are now both sad. :'<

RIP Ace of Spades. You are dead to me now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk
TheVirgo
Komrade Member

Location: Somewhere on the battlefields of Minit in the land of AceoSpadia

Postby SilverAce23 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Knox wrote:OFF TOPIC: you are playing 0.70?! May I... Maybe... Join you sometime (even if I am not in Komrades)? >.< I would love that, especially if Virgo is playing. Ah, I still remember that epic match we had on Minit, playing on Hiesville. Those were good days.

On topic: I too, have to admit that I dislike the changes that have been applied to the rifle. And there seems to be an increase of (9-year old...) SMG noobs. I hope it won't get more... childish because of that.

But if any of you quits AoS, I suggest you switch to Starbound, a hillarious 2D indie side-scrolling space adventure sandbox RPG (yes, I see the paradox in that, but it will be that way) which is released at the end of this summer. I have made a thorough post about the game with collected info, released screenshots and quotes from the devs and useful links. I suggest you check it out! *The topic is "Starbound!!". I can't send you a link because I am using my Sony Ericsson from the middle ages.

YES I WANT STARBOUND!!!!!

But seriously guys get a grip. The rifle was supposed to be used to take out enemies at a long range, not to charge in the front lines and annihilating everybody as you move on. If you want to get that kind of kill streak, get a smg.
SilverAce23
Komrade Member

Postby GreaseMonkey » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 pm

SilverAce23 wrote:But seriously guys get a grip. The rifle was supposed to be used to take out enemies at a long range, not to charge in the front lines and annihilating everybody as you move on. If you want to get that kind of kill streak, get a smg.

How the hell did you get into Komrades?!?! No, seriously, how did you slip past the radar?

The rifle was originally supposed to be used for... everything, really. It was the only gun. I don't want to hear this "rifle was never meant to be all-purpose" crap ever again.
GreaseMonkey
Bastion Member

Postby Kodiak » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

lulz Grease
I miss .70 rifle
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Komrades