Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Section pending deletion

We play Ace of Spades and offer a fun, enriching community which provides infinite entertainment for all who partake

Section pending deletion

Postby mikuli » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:11 pm

So, it has finally come to this. The administrative vote passed nearly unanimously:

There is no place for a clan that dedicates itself to organized griefing on the official forums.

Having a subsection here pretty much means you have the Official Seal of Approval, and like we all know, that's not exactly true. It's not like we're driving y'all off the boards and trying to get rid of you once and for all by merely closing a subforum - in fact, if any single one of you thinks we're doing this because of that, well, you are an idiot. It can also be argued, that not all of RoT is bad, but enough members have caused drama and bad atmosphere in the community that it labels the whole clan and everyone affiliated with it.

You have a bad rep, but it's completely self-inflicted.

I know gave Reuben and Pulch a fair warning a while ago, but I'll still hold off for one week until I start tearing things down so you have the chance to back up anything important or funny you have here - if you do.

If one of the section mods gives me the permission, I'll hit the big red button sooner, but March 13th is the deadline.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Re: Section pending deletion

Postby rensdragonlord » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:31 pm

K
ImageImage
rensdragonlord

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 am

We really don't do "organized griefing" anymore, but k.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Hi I'm Reuben, I make YouTube videos sometime.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby Pulchritude » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 am

Wow, Mikuli. I thought we had an understanding about this.

I'm kinda... dissapointed.
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Postby Boss » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:00 am

Dear Mikuli,
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

p.s. pancakes
oranges are orange
Boss

Postby ReubenMcHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 am

In all honesty though, this decision seems a bit retroactive, given we haven't done organized griefing (or hell, organized anything) since before this forum was even made.
Hi I'm Reuben, I make YouTube videos sometime.
I also make music.
I lead {RoT} the best clan ever. PM me for IRC info to come chill with kool kidz.
fite me noob
ReubenMcHawk

Postby LASTofS » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 am

o
no
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby Boss » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:29 am

Oh and for my real opinion on the subject, the mastermind behind this is retarded
inb4ban
oranges are orange
Boss

Postby Kanye » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:39 am

When was the last time RoT participated in "organized griefing"?
Yeah, sure, the members of RoT have a more relaxed morality than most of the fundie peeps here. We might mess around a bit, but we do not go out of our way to make these forums a bad place for anybody else.
Proud RoT Leader
Also leader of Buld Cahirs And Snip (elite clan)
That_Guy is my slave.
Kanye

Postby Kodiak » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:00 am

-1 mikuli. -1.

RoT are very humorous guys who enjoy a bit of a joke, ocassionally at another's expense.

However.
I, personally, have never seen a single member of RoT go out of their way to attack another individual, clan, or other organisation unless said person, clan, or organisation had been posting in RoT's forum section or had otherwise sought out RoT themselves. To anyone who's reading this, if you're against RoT and what they do (which, trust me, is quite harmless) it's a simple matter of not baiting them or seeking them out.

In regards to the deletion of RoT's subsection, this matter should remain forum and game related. I know they don't have the best rep in regards to IRC but that's honestly a different matter. I understand that the forums and #AoS IRC are linked but in recent days I haven't seen a single RoT member misbehave there, either.
If it is a case of a single member acting like a douchebag, whether here or in #AoS, it's a simple case of a ban for that single member.
This is really quite undeserved.

And there's my one dollar minus ninety-eight cents.
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kanye » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:09 am

Screw Kony. Kodiak 2012.
Proud RoT Leader
Also leader of Buld Cahirs And Snip (elite clan)
That_Guy is my slave.
Kanye

Postby Kodiak » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:12 am

but I'm not a serial murderer and rapist, i swear ;(
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby mikuli » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:09 am

Pulchritude wrote:Wow, Mikuli. I thought we had an understanding about this.

I'm kinda... dissapointed.

Yes, it took a while for the ball to reach the root of the hill from the time it started rolling down. There was a rather long-winded discussion about the matter, and a staff vote. The bureaucratic machine of ours is a slow and ponderous beast.

ReubenMcHawk wrote:In all honesty though, this decision seems a bit retroactive, given we haven't done organized griefing (or hell, organized anything) since before this forum was even made.

So tell me, would I be lying if I claimed to have seen a chat log of a "private" discussion where you personally seek out and drive the point of getting back to this business? You have not changed, only gone a little inactive for the while. You might remember that you guys were specifically invited to join the board when it started out as a clan community - we weren't any less knowing of your "past" than what we are now, but the site has now long since been official, and you're a part of the public face of the game.

If you do, however, stand behind your argument that you have "changed for the better", the matter might just make it back to the discussion table.

Kodiak wrote:-1 mikuli. -1.

RoT are very humorous guys who enjoy a bit of a joke, ocassionally at another's expense.

Well, that IS a bit of a problem, don't you think?

Kodiak wrote:However.
I, personally, have never seen a single member of RoT go out of their way to attack another individual, clan, or other organisation unless said person, clan, or organisation had been posting in RoT's forum section or had otherwise sought out RoT themselves. To anyone who's reading this, if you're against RoT and what they do (which, trust me, is quite harmless) it's a simple matter of not baiting them or seeking them out.

While this is has nothing to do with it, I shall still respond to this matter as well.

I would really like to flat out write a list of names but I don't want to point fingers at any one person at this time. Some of the things that are done, perhaps as individuals, are in no way harmless and the people who do these 'things' are people we don't want in the community as far as we can affect it.

Speaking of which, it would be quite naive to assume that being a dick somewhere ELSE in the internet will get you a free pass here simply because it did not happen here. He's still a dick, and it's only a matter of time before he's a dick to someone here, so why should we wait for that to happen?

I'm personally willing to discuss any matters related to this in IRC, if someone wants to tell me I suck or something. Just send me a private message.
Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne
Join me in Tribes: Ascend! IGN: Mikuli
mikuli
Retired Staff Member

Postby Kodiak » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 am

mikuli wrote:
I would really like to flat out write a list of names but I don't want to point fingers at any one person at this time. Some of the things that are done, perhaps as individuals, are in no way harmless and the people who do these 'things' are people we don't want in the community as far as we can affect it.

Then the moderation board should do exactly that. Pinpoint the troublemakers, but pinpoint them on recent forum and IRC activities, and then proceed to ban them for however long you feel is necessary. RoT will more than likely hate that idea possibly more than they dislike the idea of losing their section, and dislike me for suggesting it, but it's a policy I believe is fair. Though I can already see I'm fighting a losing battle. The rest of RoT should be left alone, it's my personal belief that the policy of "Guilty via association" is a stupid policy indeed.

This reminds me a little of the farce in #Komrades a while back. I shan't name names but a certain Komrade member decided spamming #help would be fun and consequence-free, he was wrong. IRCop's proceeded to use a lazy tactic of g-lining the entire channel, not only Komrade members (Doing not a single thing wrong, mind you) but also other members of the community simply chatting to us.
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby Pulchritude » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 am

Yes, it took a while for the ball to reach the root of the hill from the time it started rolling down. There was a rather long-winded discussion about the matter, and a staff vote. The bureaucratic machine of ours is a slow and ponderous beast.

since when did AoS admins do things democratically lol lol.
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Next

Return to {RoT}