Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

☩<Mods>☩

IRC/Mumble/Mods and clan help

☩<Mods>☩

Postby Defaulter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:44 pm

When I first joined I had no understanding whatsoever of how to make my gun look different etc So this short guide will show how to change your gun/player skins, scopes, sounds etc.

STEP 1)

Firstly, you need to go and DOWNLOAD the skin you want, these can be found here and here.

When you have downloaded the file it will be in a "Kv6" format. Like this,

Right click this file and select "copy".

STEP 2)

Select start on your desktop tool bar, or use the windows button etc, go to "computer" and then to C: drive.

Enter C: drive and you will see a list of folders, if you have installed the Ace Of Spades game, one of the folders will be named "Ace Of Spades" double click this folder. And you should see the following (0.75 version)

STEP 3)

Double click on the "Kv6" folder, this folder contains the skins for objects in the game, such as the players and the guns, BEFORE you go any further make a backup copy of the entire "Ace Of Spades" folder, so you can go back to your original.

Now, the inside of the "Kv6" folder should look like this (0.75 version)

If the file you downloaded was a new rifle (semi) skin, right click and delete the kv6 file in the folder named "semi", now right click and paste that folder you downloaded earlier. And rename it to "semi.kv6". The file you downloaded, should now appear in game as your rifle skin.

You can do the same with all the files in the "kv6" folder.

CHANGING YOUR "SCOPE"

1) As above download the file you want, this will be in a png format

2) go to the ace of spades folder in C:

3) Click on "PNG" folder, and replace either "semi" "smg" or "shotgun" with the PNG file you just downloaded.

CHANGING YOUR SOUNDS

1) As above go to C: and then to the "Ace Of Spades" folder

2) Enter the "wav" folder

3) Replace semishoot/smgshoot/shotgunshoot etc with the wav file you downloaded.

-------------------------------------------

I think that's all :] please contact me or post below if you feel there is anything I should add.

- DE
Defaulter
Bastion Warden

Return to Help