Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Server Ban Appeals

SPQR is an up-and coming clan compromised in mid-2012. We hold onto several key values such as kindness, respect and maturity, where being skilled at Ace of Spades is secondary to this. We're quite competitive and have a strong emphasis on clan matches. The most important attribute of our clan is that we play for fun and enjoy ourselves, and if you sign up, we hope you enjoy yourself too.

Server Ban Appeals

Postby topologist » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Are you banned from one of the SPQR servers?
If you're not sure or you know that you're banned but not sure why, go to http://bans.spqr.outs.in/ to find out.
If you're banned and you don't think that you should be, this is the place to make an appeal. If you can give us a good reason for unbanning you we'll discuss it with each other and if we think you should be unbanned, you will be.

All appeals must be made in the following format.

Server I was banned from:
Reason given:
My banned IP:
Why I should be unbanned:

Actually explaining why you should be unbanned rather than just saying "your reason is bull" will go a long way.
"It was my brother/cousin/friend" is not going to work. Being abusive will nullify your appeal.
If you were banned on a minit server, take it up with them.
You can get the information you need for the first three points from the link at the top of this post.

All posts made in this thread must be one of:
- An appeal,
- A request for more information by a server administrator, or
- A notification of appeal status by a server administrator.

IF YOUR POST IS NOT ONE OF THE ABOVE, DO NOT MAKE IT.

Good luck!
Last edited by topologist on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Re: Server Ban Appeals

Postby saxbassman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:41 pm

This is more to the general public than to SPQR, but SPQR members should read this too.

On bans:

Not to sound cocky, but the administrative team on our servers are good. Very good.
So.
If you were banned, there is more than likely a very good reason.
If you were banned for hacking, it is either because we checked your accuracy through IRC, or we watched you ingame.
Therefore, it will be a very rare case where we are wrong.
And don't think we'll fall for:

please sir, I wasn't hacking, I'm just good at the game

Because we won't.

Griefing follows the same guideline as hacking in terms of how we decide to ban you.

There is (generally) only one more thing you can be banned for, and that is breaking our server rules.
If you break one rule once, you will either see a broadcast reminding everyone of the rule or receive an ingame PM from an admin explaining what you did wrong. And that's the end of it.
However, if you break rules repetitively, and ignore our warnings, that's a ban.
No exceptions.

You have now all been warned.

So. Appeal away. Good luck.
IGN: [SPQLDR]sax
[SPQR] Subsection: viewforum.php?f=277
[LDR] Website: http://www.ldrship.org
saxbassman
[SPQR] Member

Postby whitehot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:57 am

Uh, I was banned for griefing. I wasn't griefing at all. There was this guy who made a swatzika, and I destroyed it. I think that what happened was that when topo joined, the guy complained and topo banned me due to my high amount of blocks destroyed. I would like to be unbanned.
I'm on fire. Watch out or you'll get burned.
whitehot
[SPQR] Member

Postby saxbassman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 am

topologist wrote:All appeals must be made in the following format.

Server I was banned from:
Reason given:
My banned IP:
Why I should be unbanned:
saxbassman
[SPQR] Member

Postby Souleris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 am

whitehot wrote:Uh, I was banned for griefing. I wasn't griefing at all. There was this guy who made a swatzika, and I destroyed it. I think that what happened was that when topo joined, the guy complained and topo banned me due to my high amount of blocks destroyed. I would like to be unbanned.

I never saw you before O:
You should come to IRC more often ;D
Souleris
[SPQR] Member

Postby topologist » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:06 am

whitehot wrote:Uh, I was banned for griefing. I wasn't griefing at all. There was this guy who made a swatzika, and I destroyed it. I think that what happened was that when topo joined, the guy complained and topo banned me due to my high amount of blocks destroyed. I would like to be unbanned.

I've checked logs and found that it was a screwup on my part. I was investigating somebody else at the time and wasn't paying full attention. I've unbanned you, sorry. You really should have followed the format, though. Would have made it much easier for me to find your ban so I could remove it. If you weren't an SPQR member I wouldn't have bothered searching and you'd still be banned.
REDACTED
topologist
[SPQR] Member

Postby whitehot » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm

I apologize for not following the format. I guess in my rush to get unbanned, I must have skipped over it. But thanks for taking the time to unban me.
I'm on fire. Watch out or you'll get burned.
whitehot
[SPQR] Member

Postby Pulchritude » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm

You might want to edit your post then.

I personally will immediately reject all ban appeals on the bans I made if a person doesn't follow the format.
Cats > dogs
FACT.
Pulchritude
[LDR] Member

Postby saxbassman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

I will as well.

Use the format.
saxbassman