Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[OPINION] Where should we go from here?

SPQR is an up-and coming clan compromised in mid-2012. We hold onto several key values such as kindness, respect and maturity, where being skilled at Ace of Spades is secondary to this. We're quite competitive and have a strong emphasis on clan matches. The most important attribute of our clan is that we play for fun and enjoy ourselves, and if you sign up, we hope you enjoy yourself too.

[OPINION] Where should we go from here?

Postby Kodiak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 am

Over the past week we've reached a critical apex in our clan history, that being the subsection we've been granted and made excellent use of. I'm proud of all of you for contributing what you have to get us this far. But having reached our main short term goal, where do you think we should go from here? Obviously SPQR has no plans to stagnate, as it is an evolving entity that is constantly changing to suit those who fly the SPQR flag. I am sure Tin and Scipion have a rough idea of where they would like to go with this, but I am curious to see the opinion of the wider SPQR community. Should we become more "competetive", whereby we train ourselves up, recruit more members and take the fight to larger clans? Should we work on the social aspect of things, refining and re-working policy, making friends everywhere we can, establishing better contact mediums, etc? Or perhaps, you may feel as though the scope in AoS is limited, and we should add another game or community to our repertoire?

Basically, state what you think the main direction for SPQR should be in the coming months, and we will endeavour to fulfill those desires if there's enough support for them. :)
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Re: [OPINION] Where should we go from here?

Postby NOOB101 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am

I believe that we should be more like the real roman legions and build up our skill ability and become more of a domination clan just as the legions but i also believe that we should make allies with other clans that are of our standard and are willing to form an "ultimate" alliance. Here is how i see it: dominate and widespread our group of allied clans.
IGN:[SPQR]KillrNoob
NOOB101
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kodiak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 am

NOOB101 wrote:I believe that we should be more like the real roman legions and build up our skill ability and become more of a domination clan just as the legions but i also believe that we should make allies with other clans that are of our standard and are willing to form an "ultimate" alliance. Here is how i see it: dominate and widespread our group of allied clans.

So you mean, become really skilled and make friends with other clans? :)
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby NOOB101 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am

Precisely Kodiak.
IGN:[SPQR]KillrNoob
NOOB101
[SPQR] Member

Postby Venator » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I'd suggest going a bit more into clanmatches and set up like atleast 1 per week.
Also we should kick some of the very inactive members or get them back online.
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Postby Conduit » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm torn, honestly. I mean, well, you guys have already dominated USAB and Komrades. Thats two outta three. It would be TERRIFIC if SPQR could beat <@> As well, we would need some more training and perhaps even scouting and recruiting some real talent ( R.I.P LEWK/F0x </3 ). But with that, like I said; with the exception of Bastion; SPQR pretty much dominated. So, why not both? ;D Aggression, and socialization?
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Tin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Peaceful aggression.
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Venator » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Tin you should go to Artacademy,get kicked out and rename the clan to NSDAP.
Also you should grow one of that lil staches under your nose
Last edited by Venator on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Postby jdrewlowery » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:54 pm

this is a hard one . well i joined because of SPQR's roots : to make a socail clan where everyone is welcome . but as time went on we have had more PRO-players join . with that being said i think we should try and ghave two departments our main goal will still be to have a socail clan but we will go into clan matchs alot more . also i think alot of ae members ,includeing myself need to be trained up to a decent leval . i mean most of the time its the same people in the clan matchs
. i think that should change . . .
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Riptide247 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 am

I say make this clan more competitive. Even though we already have 5-6 really talented players, I think we should expand in that area first. Meaning that we have requirements and maybe even a test to see how skilled they are.
Don't get butthurt if I don't like your mod at first. If you need help, than PM me for more details. I am a really hard critic to impress, and I am going to give you a honest opinion on your weapons.
Riptide247
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kodiak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:31 am

Riptide247 wrote:I say make this clan more competitive. Even though we already have 5-6 really talented players, I think we should expand in that area first. Meaning that we have requirements and maybe even a test to see how skilled they are.

See Praetorian Guard. :)

Also, good to see you RipTide :)
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby Carnage » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 am

I think raising the clan's skill level and competitiveness would be a necessity for this clan. We're not specifically a social clan over a competitive one. We're kind of both, but slightly more focused on competitiveness. A few members in the clan might be over-exceptionally skilled, but some of them aren't, and I think some of the good players should focus on helping out those having trouble becoming good at the game.

Carnage
[SPQR] Member

Postby jdrewlowery » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:08 am

Carnage wrote:I think raising the clan's skill level and competitiveness would be a necessity for this clan. We're not specifically a social clan over a competitive one. We're kind of both, but slightly more focused on competitiveness. A few members in the clan might be over-exceptionally skilled, but some of them aren't, and I think some of the good players should focus on helping out those having trouble becoming good at the game.

agreed
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby Riptide247 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 am

I know about the Praetorian guard, Kodiak. I am talking about expanding in that direction. Wasn't that your question, in which direction it is best to expand in?
Don't get butthurt if I don't like your mod at first. If you need help, than PM me for more details. I am a really hard critic to impress, and I am going to give you a honest opinion on your weapons.
Riptide247
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kodiak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:24 am

Riptide247 wrote:I know about the Praetorian guard, Kodiak. I am talking about expanding in that direction. Wasn't that your question, in which direction it is best to expand in?

So you mean further that area, eg. more tests, more members of that rank, more skill-based recruitment and member training? :)
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Next

Return to [SPQR]