Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

♕ Clan Suggestions ♕

SPQR is an up-and coming clan compromised in mid-2012. We hold onto several key values such as kindness, respect and maturity, where being skilled at Ace of Spades is secondary to this. We're quite competitive and have a strong emphasis on clan matches. The most important attribute of our clan is that we play for fun and enjoy ourselves, and if you sign up, we hope you enjoy yourself too.

♕ Clan Suggestions ♕

Postby Kodiak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 am

Here at SPQR the governmental system is....strange. It cannot be compared to a current political mechanism, so I'll explain some things.

While the leadership maintains "absolute power" in the clan, it is our most fervent wish to remain democratic and avoid becoming a totalitarian dictatorship. For this reason, it was decided upon to open a thread where each and every clan member is free to suggest ideas pertaining to clan policy and activities, and make criticisms of current clan policies and activities, provided they are able to give a reasonable alternative.

The key to successful clan management, in our opinion, is to let every member express their ideas and indivdualism, no matter how good or bad those ideas may be.

The plan is for the leadership to collaborate, discuss and analyse each and every one of these ideas on a bi-weekly basis, using our "secret" IRC channel that we've set up for just this sort of thing. Do not fear, for no idea will go un-noticed and unattended to. This will usually be done on weekends, during either Saturday or Sunday afternoon/night for saxbassman and myself, and either Saturday or Sunday morning/afternoon for Tin and Scipion, provided our RL's permit.

Currently, to suggest something we ask that you simply post in this thread with what you're suggesting and why you think it would be beneficial, or the feature of the clan you aren't liking, why you aren't liking it and a way it could be improved. In future, there will be a Google Form to file an idea privately, and perhaps anonymously. For now, if you wish to post a private idea PM either Tin, Scipion, Sax or myself.

When we have come to a consensus on each idea, one of either myself, Sax, Tin or Scipion will post on this thread and state why the idea was accepted and integrated or denied.

This is not intended to become a discussion thread, merely a sharing of ideas, so please use the "General Discussion" thread if you wish to do so. Blatant slander of one another's ideas will not be tolerated, but friendly, constructive criticism is welcome and encouraged, provided in it also done on the General Discussion thread.
Last edited by Kodiak on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Click the eyes for the IRC^
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Re: ♕ Clan Suggestions ♕

Postby NOOB101 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:47 am

I suggest making a thread in "Matches" called "Match suggestions" and it would be a place where SPQR members could suggest a clan match against another clan and then (maybe) people could vote for which clan they want to battle. The final result would be that a leader (Tin, Scipion, sax and Kodiak) could see which clan has the most votes for a battle.
IGN:[SPQR]KillrNoob
NOOB101
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kodiak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 am

Duly noted.
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby Venator » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:43 pm

I think our senatus should work by a different system.
Tin and Scipion are in it as consules and other members of the clan vote for the senatores.
The senatus would have 5 senatores+Tin and Scipion as consules.
Every clanmember only can vote for one candidate.
Candidates can be suggested by clanmembers or candidate themselves.
Tin and Scipion are in the senatus on livetime and normal senatores for 1 month.
After the month a new vote starts.
I think this clan should take a very democratic way.
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Postby saxbassman » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:54 pm

At the moment, we use the Senatus area like our private IRC, except we don't all have to be online at the same time. In it, we decide on applications (yes, all four of us decide applications now) and other organisational matters.
Your suggestion has been noted.
IGN: [SPQLDR]sax
[SPQR] Subsection: viewforum.php?f=277
[LDR] Website: http://www.ldrship.org
saxbassman
[SPQR] Member

Postby Kodiak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Venator wrote:I think our senatus should work by a different system.
Tin and Scipion are in it as consules and other members of the clan vote for the senatores.
Tin and Scipion are in the senatus on livetime and normal senatores for 1 month.

The criticism I have of this is the tedium it may create, that would require intense organisation and therefore put pressure on Tin and Scips already jam packed lives. Sax and I help where we can, but we can only do so much. Running votes, while sounding excellent on paper, likely would not work in a practical situation. Regardless of this, we'll be sure to bring it up.

Let me say this though.
At risk of sounding like we're "blowing our own horns", Sax and I did not get the position we are in simply because we're delicious. A position such as ours must be earned, and I feel as though we certainly earned it.

There is nothing stopping you, beside's Tin and Scipion's discretion, from reaching the same level of clan involvement. Each and every one of you are smart, mature, intelligent individuals and that's why you're in SPQR, because we think you're awesome. You are all capable of making rational decisions, submitting excellent ideas , and there is nothing stopping you from helping out wherever you want, wherever you can.

In short: If you'd like to have a bigger involvement in the clan, put in the hard yards. I am not saying any of you have not, but that is what you should do if you wish to do so. It would make me so proud to see us all working together, and I am already proud that we have accomplished so much together so far. :)

<33333333333333333
Image - Image - Image
Kodiak
[SPQR] Member

Postby Tin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Currently there are 4 members of Senatus. For now, we do not need more. Some important decisions should be made by people with most clan expirience (me, Scipion, Kodiak, saxbassman) and most trusted members. And again, as Kodiak, many of you are capable to make rational conclusion, but for now 4 people are enough.

Your suggestions and ideas will never be unnoticed. And if you want to, you may vouch for people that applied for SPQR.

The truth is that I am very very very busy with school, but I have enough time to keep things under control. While I am sleeping, Kodiak and sexybeastman are supervise over IRC and forums and while they are sleeping, Scipion and I supervise everything about SPQR.

Don't forget, your efforts will be awarded.
LinStar wrote:We all have feelings. That's a fact. Thank You!
Tin
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Scipion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Venator wrote:I think our senatus should work by a different system.

I like this idea and I'll try to work it through. The only problem is that we would need to change the pass every month which wouldn't be a problem if we could do it by ourselves. Anyway, I'll keep you updated.
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Venator » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks for actually thinking about my suggestion :D
<3
Venator
[SPQR] Member

Postby liamnike999 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:53 pm

I recon on the forum part there should be a forum saying SPQR Discussion, so only Centurion and above can access it..?

Centurion (Active for at least 5 weeks)
• [SPQR] LIAM
liamnike999
{AGAN} Member

Postby Scipion » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 pm

liamnike999 wrote:I recon on the forum part there should be a forum saying SPQR Discussion, so only Centurion and above can access it..?

Admins should make a whole new group for this to work.
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Postby Conduit » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:17 am

Could all those ' congrats ' and excess threads be cleaned out? Yes yes, it was nice of them to write the congratulations, but its been long enough, eh?
I dunno, it just makes the forum look messy.
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby killstar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 am

Conduit wrote:Could all those ' congrats ' and excess threads be cleaned out? Yes yes, it was nice of them to write the congratulations, but its been long enough, eh?

Lol Conduit, that's exactly what I said in the "Disscusion Thread". :P
It does make us look messy.
AoS Leaderboard:Rank: 3 *|* IGN: [SPQR]Killstar *|* Proud Member Of SPQR!
^Pwease click the Dragon! He Needs you!^
killstar
[SPQR] Member

Postby Conduit » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:41 am

killstar wrote:
Conduit wrote:Could all those ' congrats ' and excess threads be cleaned out? Yes yes, it was nice of them to write the congratulations, but its been long enough, eh?

Lol Conduit, that's exactly what I said in the "Disscusion Thread". :P
It does make us look messy.

Great minds alike, my friend.
MODS! http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3631
[SPQR]Conduit
PSN: MechaXeno1951

^ CLICK 4 LEGIT 100% FREE DEATHCLAWS!
Conduit
[SPQR] Member

Postby Scipion » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 am

Why? They'll sink to the second page anyway.
Scipion
[SPQR] Leader

Next

Return to [SPQR]