Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

OpenGL devlog #1 (03-08-2012)

Official development news and updates.

Re: OpenGL devlog #1 (03-08-2012)

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:57 am

junkersapple wrote:Looking forward to this update, and my little brother cant wait! HMGs will be the most interesting item in the update on my part.
And the day I see a snapshot with mortars in it ... I might get nostaliga.

Good luck, 'cause it's gonna cost ya.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Nifty » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:58 am

I know this might not be top priority, but I'd love to see the server selection be searchable by keywords and sortable by Host, Ping, Name, Map, Game Mode, you name it. Cause sometimes I'm like "Oh, today is an Island day or a Paradise day" and I have to F3 to it, it's be much easier if I could just click a button and see it all right there.
Nifty

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 am

Nifty wrote:I know this might not be top priority, but I'd love to see the server selection be searchable by keywords and sortable by Host, Ping, Name, Map, Game Mode, you name it. Cause sometimes I'm like "Oh, today is an Island day or a Paradise day" and I have to F3 to it, it's be much easier if I could just click a button and see it all right there.

You don't say?
jk, of course it's gonna be needed.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby UNDERCOVER » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:04 am

matpow2 wrote:Image
My god, that is beautiful!

Excellent work Jimmy!

BTW, when can we expect the Voxlap devlog?
tunaspirit wrote:So AoS is an actual army simulator?
I never knew Marines were fighting THAT much terrorist polaks and brazilians.
UNDERCOVER

Postby Influx » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm glad to see we're going to get weekly updates. I hope this is a continuing thing and won't fizzle out after a few weeks. Since I started playing (way back in 0.33), communication about development has been somewhat lacking for those who don't frequent the IRC often/at all, so it's good to see some sort of official news on the behind-the-scenes development.

I'm looking forward to this release. I have to say, that new interface is very nice indeed. Well done, Jamie, great work.
Influx

Postby NamTaey » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 pm

It looks wonderful.
No
NamTaey

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Guys.... you are the awesomenes in person... often guys at these forums said something like: "Until now I didn´t belive that there was a god... but as I saw this I knew... there is one!" BUT: I weren´t supposed to god... I am not beliving to god still...

I AM BELIVING IN YOU GUYS!

PS: sorry for this terrible piece of shitty grammar :D
EssigGurkenFred

Postby HunSkin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Can you send a copy of it to me? please i wanna test it
HunSkin

Postby Fluttershy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Nifty wrote:I know this might not be top priority, but I'd love to see the server selection be searchable by keywords and sortable by Host, Ping, Name, Map, Game Mode, you name it. Cause sometimes I'm like "Oh, today is an Island day or a Paradise day" and I have to F3 to it, it's be much easier if I could just click a button and see it all right there.

it really should be near the top of the list, the current .76(I know this is 1.0) launcher doesnt even have a search by name function.
Fluttershy

Postby HoboHob » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Please change the particle effects. Please. And then give us a screenie, because for all I know you may have already changed the particles.

EDIT: And also, can there be a small demo just so I/Other people can test the openGL version before we buy it? Just to make sure our video cards can handle it? PLEASE! I don't want to buy it and then have to get a refund.
HoboHob

Postby ChaosTLW » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:08 pm

HoboHob wrote:Please change the particle effects. Please. And then give us a screenie, because for all I know you may have already changed the particles.

devlog wrote:This is an extension of the debris billboard renderer so it now supports textures and rotation. The smoke texture is a placeholder, but we can now render pretty particles in a fast manner.

If you are however asking to show how will the final effect be, then I agree with you.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Pavel » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:25 pm

This is exactly what the community needs. All too often developers retreat into isolation in their mancaves to work feverishly on updates for weeks and weeks.

And then the community thinks they are dead and unresponsive.

Devlogs like these make the wait almost enjoyable (if not quite fun).
[18:05:37] <+mikuli> i'll never get over the fact that Doc is ex Bi
Pavel
Komrade Member

Postby JackofTrades » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:48 pm

I have a question about the new hand models. Are they part of the weapon itself (the same kv6 file) or are they a standalone model that will have to be changed separately? And could you add an option to disable it? Because I just think that "telepathic weapon levitation" is part of the style of the game.

Also, will everything still use the old file formats? (kv6, png, wav)
JackofTrades

Postby AosDanny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Someone knows when is going to come out the new update! ?
AosDanny

Postby PXYC » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:39 am

JackofTrades wrote:I have a question about the new hand models. Are they part of the weapon itself (the same kv6 file) or are they a standalone model that will have to be changed separately? And could you add an option to disable it? Because I just think that "telepathic weapon levitation" is part of the style of the game.

Also, will everything still use the old file formats? (kv6, png, wav)

I'm guessing everything will still be in the old formats, but don't hold me to it. I'm pretty sure the hand models are going to be a separate file, it wouldn't make much sense if they were part of the gun.

<+laserlamp> lil b is my fav
PXYC
Local Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Development