Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

UI redesign (31-07-2012)

Official development news and updates.

Re: UI redesign (31-07-2012)

Postby killasd » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:07 pm

love it, i want this now xD
My english sucks,im brazilian .-., im not bad in photoshop and i love fps games.lol
killasd

Postby Droid » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:23 am

Menu looks amazing! Really great work.
Droid

Postby LASTofS » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 am

Not sure if Jamie browses the forums, but great work! It's always nice for a development to have a dedicated artist. Just look up at the forum header, one can obviously tell that the new logo is superior in any way.

Is the background image static? Or animated?

Why does it say "Play Online"? Does this mean there will be an offline mode? O_o
ImageImageImage
Join the [LoS] (last of spades) clan here | my greatest contribution: Image icon on openGL client
LASTofS
News Reporter

Postby jdrewlowery » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:20 am

LASTofS wrote:Not sure if Jamie browses the forums, but great work! It's always nice for a development to have a dedicated artist. Just look up at the forum header, one can obviously tell that the new logo is superior in any way.

Is the background image static? Or animated?

Why does it say "Play Online"? Does this mean there will be an offline mode? O_o

hmm maybe ben could make a singleplayer mode . like a tutorail or a campaign maybe ?
I'm nooby and i know it
jdrewlowery
[SPQR] Member

Postby bonjovirules » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:17 am

No campaign!

IGN: [G33K][FF] alex
bonjovirules
[FF] Member

Postby Sniper101 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:35 am

bonjovirules wrote:No campaign!

Single player defensive campaign. Player would be stuck in a small 9x9x4 house (though people can expand it), and would have to defend their building against simple AI, which walk in a straight line and are intent to destroy the house. After each wave is finished, players, with the help of a simple commandline, can get weapon upgrades (higher rate of firer, bigger magazine size, more accuracy, less recoil, bigger damage and so on), building upgrades( stronger blocks) and buy ammo and blocks (max of 25, can upgrade to 50). During the break, players are also able to switch weapons WITHOUT dying and repair their building. Zombies that take more bullets to kill, move faster, destroy blocks faster or (perhaps) can spit out fireballs (all different types of zombies have different skins) are introduced as each wave is finished.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

Sniper101 wrote:

Single player defensive campaign. Player would be stuck in a small 9x9x4 house (though people can expand it), and would have to defend their building against simple AI, which walk in a straight line and are intent to destroy the house. After each wave is finished, players, with the help of a simple commandline, can get weapon upgrades (higher rate of firer, bigger magazine size, more accuracy, less recoil, bigger damage and so on), building upgrades( stronger blocks) and buy ammo and blocks (max of 25, can upgrade to 50). During the break, players are also able to switch weapons WITHOUT dying and repair their building. Zombies that take more bullets to kill, move faster, destroy blocks faster or (perhaps) can spit out fireballs (all different types of zombies have different skins) are introduced as each wave is finished.

Where the hell do you know that from? IRC? It sounds awesome!
EssigGurkenFred

Postby Sniper101 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:55 am

EssigGurkenFred wrote:
Sniper101 wrote:

Where the hell do you know that from? IRC? It sounds awesome!

I was thinking about it last night.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby EssigGurkenFred » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 am

Sniper101 wrote:I was thinking about it last night.

Ohh... I thought this would be an official idea. :D
EssigGurkenFred

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am

EssigGurkenFred wrote:
Sniper101 wrote:I was thinking about it last night.

Ohh... I thought this would be an official idea. :D

More like CoD WaW Zombie mode.
Don't, don't say i'm a fanboy, but that game mode is pretty sweet :D
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby Sniper101 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 am

Sniper101 wrote:Single player defensive campaign. Player would be stuck in a small 9x9x4 house (though people can expand it), and would have to defend their building against simple AI, which walk in a straight line and are intent to destroy the house. After each wave is finished, players, with the help of a simple commandline, can get weapon upgrades (higher rate of firer, bigger magazine size, more accuracy, less recoil, bigger damage and so on), building upgrades( stronger blocks) and buy ammo and blocks (max of 25, can upgrade to 50). During the break, players are also able to switch weapons WITHOUT dying and repair their building. Zombies that take more bullets to kill, move faster, destroy blocks faster or (perhaps) can spit out fireballs (all different types of zombies have different skins) are introduced as each wave is finished.

MrHaaaaaaxFF wrote:More like CoD WaW Zombie mode.
Don't, don't say i'm a fanboy, but that game mode is pretty sweet :D

I actually was thinking more of survival mode from CoD 9, with all the weapon upgrading, ammo buying and stuff.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby DarkDXZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm sorry, but hearing "CoD" makes me [REDACTED].
Because [DATA EXPUNGED].

PS: Yes, it's all because of SCP. [REDACTED] this.
"The last thing I want to do is to hurt you. But it's still on the list." - DarkDXZ
You found my secret signature line, damnit! Alright, Polaks are bad, I admit. But it's not their fault.
DarkDXZ

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:34 pm

It actually makes me remember more of the Cabin Fever map of the Infection gamemode from Combat Arms.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby OnkelDolan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:50 am

DarkDXZ wrote:I'm sorry, but hearing "CoD" makes me [REDACTED].
Because [DATA EXPUNGED].

Did SCP rant about cod?
IGN: RisunEtsijä

I am the AoS Finnish ambassador

http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=fKB3Q ... gvIXqEV66o
OnkelDolan

Postby Sniper101 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:42 pm

DarkDXZ wrote:I'm sorry, but hearing "CoD" makes me [REDACTED].
Because [DATA EXPUNGED].

You like CoD too? I'm so happy! :DDDDD What's your favourite assault rifle?
You don't like the game, do you?
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ace of Spades Development