Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Help Topic (Got a question? Post here)

Competitive mindsets and outstanding abilities are what separate us from most other clans. We pride ourselves in upholding a higher level of integrity and values most often neglected in the online world. We are a tight community of pro players who assist each other, perfecting our tactics for fun, friendship and most importantly, for the love of the game.

How Do I Join [SAW] and get the title added to my username?

Postby TheFlipped » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:40 pm

i haven't figured out how to apply to SAW and join, please help
TheFlipped

Re: How Do I Join [SAW] and get the title added to my userna

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:17 am

TheFlipped wrote:i haven't figured out how to apply to SAW and join, please help

Hey! Well, you go to the Recruitment section of our clan main forum page. You find the form,copy the application form. Then on a new post titled, "__Insert your name__'s Application", you paste the form onto the field. Then you just fill everything in! If there is anything specific and important you would like to include, please type on the bottom of your application form! Then when a leader has read your application and approved it, you will make an appointment with someone to test your in-game skills. After you are approved after that, welcome to SAW! That's all! Good luck and I hope you get in!
Keep Calm and Chase The Sun
IGN: [SAW]Kiwi
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Re: Help Topic (Got a question? Post here)

Postby venom983 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Have you guys ever had a private server up for SAW but let a few into it that are not yet members that are interested in joining, so a group can evaluate them in addition to the time that's set up?
venom983
[TSB] Member

Postby MrStark » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:39 pm

venom983 wrote:Have you guys ever had a private server up

Yes.

venom983 wrote:for SAW but let a few into it that are not yet members that are interested in joining, so a group can evaluate them in addition to the time that's set up?

Not exactly as you put it, no. We sometimes use it to test the applicants, but, again, it's private, so unlike 'letting a few into it that are not members that are interested", we set a time when they come to the IRC and we do it, either there or on an aloha server.
MrStark
[TSB] Member

Postby venom983 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:26 pm

i didn't mean random people that may or may not want to join, but people who applied and are currently waiting on their in-game evaluation, i just mean it like a private but friendly fun room/server.
venom983
[TSB] Member

Postby Derpy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 am

Nova wrote:This post is for everyone who needs any kind of help!
Are you having problems on Ace of Spades? Math homework? Girl problems?
Ask away in this topic!

You said stuff involving real life.

I have a problem with socialization. EVERYONE I talk to in the real world...I don't really have many GOOD friends besides a select few.
HELP.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby roy227 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 am

eddie told me to go to minit assault im guessing for testing but my the map wasnt working so i dont know what to do i hope this wont ruin my chances getting into saw :( if anybody can contact eddie and tell him my problem please do so.
roy.
Who am i..... im ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!
roy227

Postby venom983 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am

Nevermind, my question is answered, sorry for useless post.
venom983
[TSB] Member

Postby YourMom » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Derpy wrote:
Ask away in this topic!

I have a problem with socialization. EVERYONE I talk to in the real world...I don't really have many GOOD friends besides a select few.
HELP.

Talk to people, don't wait for them to talk to you. Also say "Hi" or "Hey" to everyone you know when you see them, they'll start liking you and talking to you. :)
YourMom
[TSB] Member

Postby Nova » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 am

Derpy wrote:
Ask away in this topic!

HELP.

You need to talk with EVERYONE in you see. Say hi, I'm ____. I saw you being lonely so I decided that we could have some fun talking to each other. This starts a conversation, and you learn to socialize. Don't worry about having a lot of GOOD friends, it's not that important. Just make sure the friends you have now are willing to be at your side for quite a long time.
Also, it's not the greatest thing to be very popular. It gets very annoying to keep up with everyone's names and such. Have a few great friends, like a group, hang out with them everyday and enjoy life.
IGN : ♫♫[SAW]Faith♫♫
Nova

Postby Derpy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:46 pm

Nova wrote:
Derpy wrote:
Ask away in this topic!

HELP.

You need to talk with EVERYONE in you see. Say hi, I'm ____. I saw you being lonely so I decided that we could have some fun talking to each other. This starts a conversation, and you learn to socialize. Don't worry about having a lot of GOOD friends, it's not that important. Just make sure the friends you have now are willing to be at your side for quite a long time.
Also, it's not the greatest thing to be very popular. It gets very annoying to keep up with everyone's names and such. Have a few great friends, like a group, hang out with them everyday and enjoy life.

Tried so many times already. Most of the people that I try to talk to are either jocks, or they don't have any interest talking to me. The others are children aged 5. So my social life is Forgettable, Mentally unstable, and Lifeless. Spell those capital letters out.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby YourMom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Tried so many times already. Most of the people that I try to talk to are either jocks, or they don't have any interest talking to me. The others are children aged 5. So my social life is Forgettable, Mentally unstable, and Lifeless. Spell those capital letters out.

Then you're not the problem, there is nothing wrong with you. It's just the people around you are immature and stupid. Just try to find a good 3 or 4 people who are relatively smart and share some interests, even if it's one or two, and stay good friends with them. If you can't find them, then go to a community more your level like a chess club or math team or whatever you enjoy. :)
YourMom
[TSB] Member

Postby YourMom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:10 pm

YourMom wrote:

Then you're not the problem, there is nothing wrong with you. It's just the people around you are immature and stupid. Just try to find a good 3 or 4 people who are relatively smart and share some interests, even if it's one or two common interests, and stay good friends with them. If you can't find them, then go to a community more your level like a chess club or math team or whatever you enjoy. :)

Woops accidentally double posted. Screw me.
YourMom
[TSB] Member

Postby Derpy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:09 am

YourMom wrote:

Then you're not the problem, there is nothing wrong with you. It's just the people around you are immature and stupid. Just try to find a good 3 or 4 people who are relatively smart and share some interests, even if it's one or two, and stay good friends with them. If you can't find them, then go to a community more your level like a chess club or math team or whatever you enjoy. :)

Sorry, but I've again tried that. I was in Boy Scouts, in a homeschooling group get together once a month thing-a-ma-bob, and church.

Church is failing in a social life, because of no common denominators with any of the young people, except for a single immature nerd. (Makes dick jokes and laughs at his own dick jokes 24/7)

In Boy Scouts, I've been shunned for being a nerd, runt of the litter, being "weird". After the meeting, I went home, and flat out cried at the insults made at me. (These under-minded buffoons. Such insults.) Notice I said WAS in.

And the homeschooling get together, I'm either too sheltered, or not enough to fit in with the children. No real balance with ANY of them.

To top it all off, my parents have noticed my troubles, and have forced me to meet people. On vacations, when I want to relax, my parents go out the hotel door for about 5 minutes, and bring out some child my age with them.
They basically say "Here. Take this kid who you have no introduction and similarities to, and make friends with him.". No, I am not making that up.

Help. Again.

Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:55 am

Derpy wrote:
YourMom wrote:

Sorry, but I've again tried that. I was in Boy Scouts, in a homeschooling group get together once a month thing-a-ma-bob, and church.

Church is failing in a social life, because of no common denominators with any of the young people, except for a single immature nerd. (Makes dick jokes and laughs at his own dick jokes 24/7)

In Boy Scouts, I've been shunned for being a nerd, runt of the litter, being "weird". After the meeting, I went home, and flat out cried at the insults made at me. (These under-minded buffoons. Such insults.) Notice I said WAS in.

And the homeschooling get together, I'm either too sheltered, or not enough to fit in with the children. No real balance with ANY of them.

To top it all off, my parents have noticed my troubles, and have forced me to meet people. On vacations, when I want to relax, my parents go out the hotel door for about 5 minutes, and bring out some child my age with them.
They basically say "Here. Take this kid who you have no introduction and similarities to, and make friends with him.". No, I am not making that up.

Help. Again.

Well, first off, be urself. I'm known as loud, weird, quirky, and outgoing. To be honest, I don't know what I do to deserve this kind of reputation. I know this is an extremely trite expression, but just be yourself! And if you notice there is a trait about you that you don't like then fix it. I know what you mean, by being shunned out.
At my middle school, I was bullied for seven years to be honest.I was in your position, shunned out, not liked, and didn't have GOOD friends who were long-lasting. Being honest, I cried almost every month, and I hated my middle school. I often asked people why I was hated so much, but they never knew exactly why. Maybe it was just me. Maybe it was the way I dressed(it was a private school). Maybe its because I'm different. To this day, I still have no clue as of what I did wrong.
But, in high school things started to change. Weirdly change, I started to hang out with everyone, even the dorky, cool, and middle ones. I liked hanging out with them all, but I felt like I was going to change if I was going to start to hang out with the cool kids more. So, i started to talk to them less and less. I still talk to them nowadays, but just not as much. The moral and the advice I'm trying to give you is that when/if u ever hang out with the cool kids, don't lose who you really are. I've hung out with them, and I felt myself changing. I didn't like it one bit.
So why am I telling you/everyone this? Well, it's because I feel like people should know me better and my background. I would talk more about it, but I'm afraid I'm going to cry remembering all those horrible memories. Anyways, advice: Be yourself. Don't try so hard to fit in. One thing: be funny!! People like funny people and when others make them laugh! Don't be afraid to say some weird joke! Honestly, when I first talked to you on Teamspeak, you were nice, and not at all like what you think you are. People really think lower of themselves, and higher of others. Anyways, there's the help. You may not like it.. BUT TOO BAD XD.
Keep Calm and Chase The Sun
IGN: [SAW]Kiwi
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

PreviousNext

Return to [SAW]