Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Question About Sniping

Competitive mindsets and outstanding abilities are what separate us from most other clans. We pride ourselves in upholding a higher level of integrity and values most often neglected in the online world. We are a tight community of pro players who assist each other, perfecting our tactics for fun, friendship and most importantly, for the love of the game.

Question About Sniping

Postby StarZ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:00 pm

This is just a general question about AoS ,but do you guys know the best way to snipe without having to die much because I find myself getting a killed a lot after getting many kills. Thank you in advance!
IGN: [TSB]StarZ
StarZ

Re: Question About Sniping

Postby YourMom » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 pm

I guess I'll give a word of advice. If you're going to be sniping, make sure you have a good 3 to 4 hideout locations around you. Try to stay hidden when you kill somebody, and you'll be fine. Once you kill the same person three times (with many other kills in between), switch your spot. They always go looking for you after three. Just try to stay subtle, and try to kill enemies who seem less active (for example going afk a lot) because those enemies are less likely to alert the team.

I hope this helped! :)
YourMom
[TSB] Member

Postby StarZ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Thank you will try this next time I play :)
StarZ

Postby Kibblez » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:55 pm

YourMom, I agree with what you're saying, but I also disagree due to efficiency..
It's hard to find players that don't move around much, simply, nobody wants to get shot; therefore they move.

The key to being a great sniper is just dexterity in your hand for that flick shot (also known as a snap shot or head snap) and getting good at predictability.

You want to know where most enemies are going to go on maps, you want to learn how the average player moves around.. You can even try strafe shooting. That's when you hold "a, s, d, or f" to strafe horizontally, or diagonally, and keep your mouse still and pop an eyeline headshot (this means a headshot that is three blocks above where you are standing.. Head level). Problem with that: You can only kill your enemy as fast as you move, but it helps with your reaction times and predictability (It's what I did when I wanted to get better at sniping). However, flick shots are DEFINITELY the way to go, but strafe shots allow you to move around while you pop off head shots.
It's a great novice tactic until you get into flick shooting + strafe shooting..

Another good practice is to try rushing with a rifle.. Don't even focus on "sniping", you just want to rush with the rifle and pop off as many consecutive no scope head shots as possible, if they are just out of reach of an easy no-scope.. You just right click and blow his head off, OR you can keep practicing the no-scope anyway, just to get really good at it (I can perform no-scopes pretty easily about halfway to the fog-line). Your ultimate goal is to get so good at moving your cross-hair to the enemy's head, that it will come off instantly and without thought (this is known as muscle memory).

Those crazy shots that the pros make with their rifles, as though they were hacking.. Where they just turn and BANG you're dead.. And you call "HAX."
That's what they did. Every single one of those pros has been playing First Person Shooters, or just video games in general, for YEARS. It takes practice man.

After you get good at your flick shooting, start performing unpredictable movement + flick shots.

That's what Tyler does, he'll run around and start ducking without rhythm.. He'll jump around and duck in mid-air, just go NUTS, basically. It makes it harder to hit your enemy; but it makes it WAY harder for them to hit your head. If they have an SMG, you're pretty much screwed no matter what, because they just pray to allah and spray for dear life.

Also, just screwing up your rhythm in general will throw off the enemy. Example: When you get behind 2-block high structure, you want to be crouched.. then you stand up, I call it "blinking headshots," because you want to be "blinking." This is where you are a behind a structure and just hold ctrl, let off, and see the enemies for a SPLIT second.. Then hold ctrl.. You're basically crouching and standing up so fast that you appear to be blinking. But don't do it in a rhythm, that's the really hard part.. People will begin to notice you go down and up as if following some kind of beat. A very fast beat, but a beat nonetheless.. People catch on to that. So it's like "Blink. Blink. Shoot. Wait. Blink. Shoot. Blink Blink Blink. Shoot. Blink Shoot." Etc.

You want to be unpredictable all the time and become a master of prediction.
That, along with your flick shooting; will EASILY make you one of the best snipers on AoS.

It can virtually come overnight, you just have to be practicing correctly.. Honestly, I'd say if you practice about 1 - 3 hours a day on Arena.. You could get there probably in 2 - 4 weeks tops.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby StarZ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Ok I will also practice this thanks for your help everyone one!
StarZ

Postby Thelionmaster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Hmm..It depends on what situiation you're in and what map you're on. If you're sniping from a building, do what yourmom and Kibblez say. If it's hallway (I'm great at sniping on hallway), dig out a big base and switch spots every now and then.
Most lions are expected to hunt prey and roar loud,
But this one is different.
This one is a first person shooter,
A great spadekiller,
And a Sticky Bandit.
My IGN: [TSB] Lion
Thelionmaster
[TSB] Member

Postby YourMom » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:32 pm

@Kibblez: Your advice was great, although you seem to be talking more about facing the enemy on level like in pinpoint, whereas I was referring to camp sniping from up high or even better, behind the enemy. Your flick shots as described is definitely one of the best if not the best tactics that one can use in Ace of Spades.
YourMom
[TSB] Member

Postby StarZ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Well I playing and practicing sniping on Pinpoint ,and I think i really improved now I got less deaths and more kills.
Thank you all for our suggestions!
StarZ

Postby Kibblez » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 am

YourMom wrote:@Kibblez: Your advice was great, although you seem to be talking more about facing the enemy on level like in pinpoint, whereas I was referring to camp sniping from up high or even better, behind the enemy. Your flick shots as described is definitely one of the best if not the best tactics that one can use in Ace of Spades.

Ah I see. Those are good tactics I suppose; but if you can get down head-to-head combat, then picking off guys that are sitting around is just a given. It's one thing to say you have a KDR of 5.0 because you can kill dudes that are sitting around.. Pick off noobs.. But your KDR will SUFFER if you are put into several situations where you have to shoot a person who is shooting at you.

Good advice though ^_^
I was just telling him mainly how to get the aim down and the reaction times.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby ironoxide » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:00 pm

http://aim400kg.ru/en/

Check out this website blood showed me. It's pretty good practice and will improve your game significantly.
ironoxide
[TSB] Member

Postby Seal » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Thats a good website Iron.
Seal

Postby zBlooDxClan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:50 pm

You know,i really like how all of you are posting your sniping tips. But my sniping comes naturally. I really dont know but i prefer semi-automatic weapons instead of guns with extreme firerates- But to really improve your sniping,what comes first is practice :D
[url=http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=245 Image[/url]
zBlooDxClan

Postby GiftedGamer73 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 am

Seal wrote:Thats a good website Iron.

That's a good website I might use it.
GiftedGamer73

Postby Bloodmarine » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 am

I have a huge tip to improve your sniping!!!

First when you enter the game play with SMG for 20 mins and go CRAAAZZY like jump off buildings kill on your way down then go splat on the ground another crazy thing to do is use the SMG as a sniper rifle.

Second switch to rifle and get ready to dominate tower of babel is a good place to practice this but basically jump off a high structure and go for headshots on the way down i can get 2-5 on a good trip from a tower at the highest point of the map this actually works with a shotgun but not a smg but rifle is most effective. do this for 20 mins

Third go back to being a everyday sniper hiding in a tree or something and your accuracy will be impeccable after so many near impossible shots a normal sniping from a tower or tree without flying through the air is soooooooo easy its like it comes naturally when the shots are practically given to you after so long of only just keeping a 2+ ratio cos of self deaths and missing alot.

Try these they will help you PS iron I never showed you that sight

Bloodmarine :)
Highest kill streak: 36
Highest kills overall: 456 I dont play for solid blocks of time.

Bloodmarine

Postby ironoxide » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:13 am

Not you blood, the other blood :P
ironoxide
[TSB] Member

Next

Return to [SAW]