Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Inactivity&Resignations

Competitive mindsets and outstanding abilities are what separate us from most other clans. We pride ourselves in upholding a higher level of integrity and values most often neglected in the online world. We are a tight community of pro players who assist each other, perfecting our tactics for fun, friendship and most importantly, for the love of the game.

Inactivity&Resignations

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:33 am

So, school will start soon for me. It starts on August 8th for me. A bit too early for me, but oh well. Anyways, I will be a freshmen and it is crucial for me to focus on my education and sports. I am prepping for Pre SAT, and it's going to take me a while for me to fully understand the SAT testing. Well, my point is that I will not be active like I am these days. Sadly, I have to focus on school, since it is my first year in high school. I am excited and eager, but also nervous. I hope my friends in this clan will not kick me because of my absences. I will try to get on AoS every Saturday morning for those who wish to talk to me and such. I wish I did not have school to worry about, but unfortunately, I do.I sure am going to miss talking and playing with you guys c:. I hope you understand the situation I am in, and accept my absences. Thank you <3.

This thread is for anyone who wants to introduce themselves, or say good bye!
Posting in this thread reduces the amount of spam in the TSB subsection, and helps us record down who is leaving and who is new to the clan. Any of the older members can also introduce themselves for the newer players to familiarize themselves with.
For Introductions : Tell us a little about your life. People don't want to learn about your gaming habits, we want real life facts and attitude!
For Good byes : Tell us why you're leaving, and what you're planning to do next. Any shout-outs to old clan members that you loved would be awesome, also!

Renamed topic to inactive members. Post here if you're going inactive and why. ~Stealth
Keep Calm and Chase The Sun
IGN: [SAW]Kiwi
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Re: [TSB]Kiwi has an announcement c:.

Postby Seal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:45 am

Easy to understand. One question...are you Sophieaa?
Seal

Re: Inactive members

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 am

Yes, I am! I changed my name a while back for a few disturbing reasons.
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Postby drpatmybutt » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 am

Okay then. Well that is very understandable because I've been their. Hope you do well in school :D
drpatmybutt

Postby TylerSAW » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 am

Well, I hope you do well with your SAT testing ^_^. Enjoy being fresh meat *cough* I mean a freshmen. :P
TylerSAW

Postby Nova » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Don't stress yourself of PSATs. They barely count for college.
Most of my friends got way better scores on the SATs then on the PSATs.
However, I'll miss you cutie~~~!
Come back when you can :):)
IGN : ♫♫[SAW]Faith♫♫
Nova

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:48 am

haha THANKS Tyler. and
Nova ILL MISS YOU TOO c: MOMMY!! hahaha.
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Postby MisterX » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Aww man! This is sad :( but I understand your situation and cant stop you xD
Good luck there on the SAT testing, miss you... I dunno if I can enter on AoS in Staurday mornings so, I think I will nevah saw you again O_O loljkno, I will try...
Sounds like a Mister... But acts X tremely
IGN:[TSB]Mister X
MisterX
[TSB] Member

Postby Kibblez » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 pm

The PSAT is a breeze. I didn't even study for the thing and I still managed a 90th percentile for California. Everyone I talked to that took the SAT said the SAT was much easier than the PSAT, also slightly different.

Keep in mind: Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors can take the PSAT once a year and it has virtually no significance on your college applications, as Nova stated.
The SAT is to be taken Senior year, and you have a lot of time, you may also want to take the ACT; or just forget about the SAT altogether and go with the ACT, since most colleges these days appear to be accepting that over the SAT.

Do VERY well on your freshman and sophomore years! I mean damn-near PERFECT. Every major CSU and UC looks hardest at your freshman and sophomore years. While they want you to look very good overall, make sure you're almost perfect in those years. The reason behind this: They want to see that you can perform very well in a brand new environment on a totally different level than before; because your first two years of college are more than likely going to be your hardest as you'll be trying to get into the swing of things while keeping your grades very high.

So anyway. You'll probably have more time than you think, my ex was working 20 hours a week and maintained a 4.375 or something in her senior year of high school.. She had like 8 classes, 3 of which were AP classes, straight A's in all of them; I was proud xD
But anyway! We still managed to hang out certain days during the week and weekends as well.

See you around! High school isn't so bad; just don't be afraid to meet folks, don't be afraid to ask for help, and have fun, I had a blast.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby heracles4 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 am

Speaking of inactiveness, your subsection seems to be going though a depression of forum activity from your members.
My maps:
Arena: Abordage, CastleWars

CTF: DarkMoon

heracles4

Postby Nova » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:00 am

heracles4 wrote:Speaking of inactiveness, your subsection seems to be going though a depression of forum activity from your members.

We actually just don't know what to post. We have our server up, and everyone in the clan goes on the IRC often.
IGN : ♫♫[SAW]Faith♫♫
Nova

Postby Kibblez » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:22 am

I'm on everything all the time, but I don't want to see my name on every other post in every single topic.

What started happening, I think, is that members stopped posting topics because it would get moved to a spam topic; and as Nova said, most of us are on the IRC where we can just chop it up about whatever.

We need to prune members, it's just hard to keep track of their frequency. If they're like Kiwi and tell us they're going to be inactive for whatever reason; then I believe they should have every right to stay because they're at least putting in the effort to letting us know. That shows that they are an active member that actually cares for TSB.

However, as I just said, it's just hard to keep track of their frequency; they might be on the IRC 24/7 but never make a post in the forums or vice-versa. Should that warrant their removal from TSB? I don't think so, but it's just hard to keep track of activity :P

If I made an IRC bot and manually kept track of forum posts; that might do it, but then people also might think I'm crazy ^_^
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby TylerSAW » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:27 am

Just a little bit, it would be cool and efficient, but very creepy.
TylerSAW

Postby Keyo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Its understandable because i just stared Highschool at the start of the year.Its pretty hard on the first day getting to know where your going but in the end you find your way. Good luck! have a good time, after all its your first year!

P.s I made alot of friends on my first day hope ya make some besties for life
Im a sniper/camper/rusher/stalker....
Keyo
[TSB] Member

Postby AVirus » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Guys, i have a Test[HSC*] coming at the end of the year, the test that will see what uni i can go to...
So anyway, i won't be on that much from now to next year. (max time i could be on each day is about 1-2 hours But i will try to stay on the forums so i won't get behind in the news.) So wish me luck!
Cheers
Virus

*= High School certificate
Obstacles can't stop you
Problems can't stop you
Most of all, other people can't stop you
The only one who stops you
is Yourself
IGN: [TSB]Virus [TSB]Turtle
AVirus
[TSB] Member

Next