Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Feedback and Suggestions

Competitive mindsets and outstanding abilities are what separate us from most other clans. We pride ourselves in upholding a higher level of integrity and values most often neglected in the online world. We are a tight community of pro players who assist each other, perfecting our tactics for fun, friendship and most importantly, for the love of the game.

Re: Suggestions box

Postby OddFuture » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:23 am

Ranks? Like there are regular members then veterans then leaders. It can make the newer members strive to move up and work harder and be more involved in the clan.
IGN:[SAW]OddFuture
OddFuture
[TSB] Member

Re: New Recruiting Process (Suggestion)

Postby Seal » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:17 pm

I think this idea is a great one. We don't want too many TSB members so we can't keep track of them. And in a clan match, I think I would be in TSB 30 days (right now I am at 11). If I wasn't old 30 days old and couldn't play, I think spectation would be awesome. I also think I would have the skill to play a clan match. :D
Seal

Postby Thelionmaster » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:08 pm

OddFuture wrote:Ranks? Like there are regular members then veterans then leaders. It can make the newer members strive to move up and work harder and be more involved in the clan.

That sounds like it would motivate people to stay active on the forums to move up a rank. I like it.
Most lions are expected to hunt prey and roar loud,
But this one is different.
This one is a first person shooter,
A great spadekiller,
And a Sticky Bandit.
My IGN: [TSB] Lion
Thelionmaster
[TSB] Member

Postby TylerSAW » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:38 am

OddFuture wrote:Ranks? Like there are regular members then veterans then leaders. It can make the newer members strive to move up and work harder and be more involved in the clan.

The only problem with that is I think TSB has an unsung/mentioned rule of there only being Leaders and Members nothing in between. Which makes sense that the only way you would gain respect is by working hard and having a respectable attitude. Not by being high in mighty with a title. (I'm not trying to be hurtful or bash your idea.)
PS: I think veterans are pretty self explanatory ;)
TylerSAW

Postby Nova » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Let's make a new application for TSB. I think that would help us bring better players, rather than anyone that can play well.
We don't need to ask for Forum Name, we should ask for their in game name after they put on the TSB Tag, favorite weapon and tactics could be another question.
IGN : ♫♫[SAW]Faith♫♫
Nova

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 am

Nova wrote:Let's make a new application for TSB. I think that would help us bring better players, rather than anyone that can play well.
We don't need to ask for Forum Name, we should ask for their in game name after they put on the TSB Tag, favorite weapon and tactics could be another question.

i like his idea. So, i shall second his idea.
Keep Calm and Chase The Sun
IGN: [SAW]Kiwi
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Postby OddFuture » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 am

GoldenSunshine21 wrote:
Nova wrote:Let's make a new application for TSB. I think that would help us bring better players, rather than anyone that can play well.

Sophie, Nova is a girl :P
IGN:[SAW]OddFuture
OddFuture
[TSB] Member

Postby TylerSAW » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:45 am

Welcome to the people that know. :P
TylerSAW

Postby GoldenSunshine21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

OddFuture wrote:
GoldenSunshine21 wrote:

Sophie, Nova is a girl :P

UHH. whoops. i like HER idea. sorry nova!
Keep Calm and Chase The Sun
IGN: [SAW]Kiwi
GoldenSunshine21
[TSB] Member

Postby CMan333 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I think that there should be a way to see all of the current clan members.
CMan333

Postby TylerSAW » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 am

CMan333 wrote:I think that there should be a way to see all of the current clan members.

Already is. You must have missed it :P viewtopic.php?f=245&t=11053
TylerSAW

Postby Kibblez » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:12 am

We're trying to hard to organize the forum.

Bottom line: We have stickied topics, so why does anything else matter?

What happens with "suggestions boxes" and "general chat" is that it is clutter, spam, and HIGHLY unstructured.
I think there should be a "general chat" for the sake of saying, "Hello." and just having a random amount of spam, sure, why not?

However, we're pretty much trying to make all posts outside of these "TSB Related," which is not healthy for an active forum. People need to be able to start new topics so they can solely talk about those topics, that's what a community is all about. It's understandable that there is a much larger section through Ace-Spades.com that easily allows this.. But a lot of people don't care all that much about conversing with people outside of TSB. It's just because I like being part of a community and would enjoy talking to the members outside of fast-paced IRC chat and the overwhelming pestilence that spews from General Chat. While it's funny, it's better if we just act as a regular forum and lock topics that get "out of hand" rather than go through deleting topics or moving topics around.

It'll allow us to build a history, showing others that we have a very active community here with TSB; we want people that play great, but we also have several players that play AMAZING... I'd rather have a lot more players that are active and "cool to talk to," then godly at playing a video game. If most of our users can't maintain even a decent conversation, what's the use of trying to maintain a community?

I understand that we kick members for forum inactivity, so I think we should just do something more "laissez-faire" about the forum.. Basically: Let the people do what they want with little regulation from a higher power (e.g. admins and mods in this scenario.)

Just a suggestion.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

Postby CrisisFlarez » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:52 pm

We need more clan events, it will help us get reconized and know

CrisisFlarez

Postby Nova » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I suggest sub-leaders, like moderators for the clan. They can help do the work of the leaders of TSB, and moderate the forums, etc. Less work for certain people, more work for people who volunteer to be moderators, and the outcome should be better unless the player is not doing his/her job correctly, in which case the player can be revoked of his/her powers.
Overall, having moderators or sub-leaders would improve the clan with productivity and roles. It could be something like ranks or such, but with more purpose, instead of just a title in a clan.
IGN : ♫♫[SAW]Faith♫♫
Nova

Postby Kibblez » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Nova wrote:I suggest sub-leaders, like moderators for the clan. They can help do the work of the leaders of TSB, and moderate the forums, etc. Less work for certain people, more work for people who volunteer to be moderators, and the outcome should be better unless the player is not doing his/her job correctly, in which case the player can be revoked of his/her powers.
Overall, having moderators or sub-leaders would improve the clan with productivity and roles. It could be something like ranks or such, but with more purpose, instead of just a title in a clan.

I agree. I'm on quite a bit in the forums, more so than the actual game; and I already manage/own the IRC and server; if we could apply for a mod/sub-leader position, I'd do it.

I also have tons of experience being a site admin/mod on forums, I've managed forums with a couple thousand people. A lot of keeping a forum lively is keeping it structured and organized, but loosely. The suggestion I posted a couple posts ago on this topic expands on what I mean.
Founder of Ledyr Syndicate
LS will be reopening by November 15th, 2012 -- Those of you wishing to take a stand may send me an application via Private Message. Keep in touch on our IRC: #LS.Public
Kibblez

PreviousNext

Return to [SAW]