Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

The exquisite suggest list - FreddiRox

Got a great new idea for the game?

The exquisite suggest list - FreddiRox

Postby FreddiRox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

No introduction here, just straight onto suggestions.

More guns and reorganised class system - But not a Cawa' Duudey' clone.

Lots of people want new guns and seem to think the best way to incorporate this system would be for Ace of Spades to have a unlock system revolving around headshots, kills, wins etc
This would allow for cheaters to exploit empty servers to boost themselves as you may have seen on Call of Duty: 4.

So a better system would be to give everyone new guns and allow for people to make their own classes. The guns would have different statistical for different guns and therefore different guns would be better for different jobs

Original Shotgun - Has the same statistics as the current shotgun
[Great all-around gun for CQB]

Shotgun /w Drum magazine - Lowered damage from afar, but lowered range and longer to reload
[Superb really-CQB gun, good for active tunnels and clearing out and defending structures]

Slug Shotgun - Equal range on the Original Shotgun, Higher damage, Higher bullet spread, Longer reload time, Longer cocking time
[Good for advancing, destroying, and attacking large groups]

These are example if you don't understand what I meant by 'jobs'. Obviously I'm not saying add these specific shotguns into the game.

If, by a thousand blue moons, this does get added to the game; There needs to be a server option to disable some guns as well as to have only the original guns

A side arm; That doesn't have to be a fire arm!

As well as new guns, people want to see new side arms like pistols. The common statement is that pistols would be good to switch to when you need to reload you primary - However, ace of spades doesn't have a easy quick swap function yet meaning it is much more efficient to just reload then just change weapons. The other reason for pistols is that they would be good in Close Qua- Shotguns ;)
However I do support the idea of a side arm, but not necessarily a pistol, the options could give you and your team mates an advantage. You could have a medic kit or ammo bag, but not extra health or armour etc...

Spotting and Mortar system

I heard people speaking about spotting and mortars a lot. The spotting system should last in ticks. You should only be able to spot people in a certain range and in clear view of you - Oh and to spot you must hold down the spotting button or SWEP to spot; Only about half a second or a second, but just enough to stop a repeat of BF:BC where you just spam Q to find enemies.
The map should show X's where people have been spotted. However the map should update and clear in 5 or 10 second ticks. This is hard to explain, Uh;

PLAYER 1 spots NME 1 in the North
A small X appears on the map in the North
The X stays for 5 seconds in TICK 1

After TICK 1 the map is cleared of the X's
PLAYER 2 spots NME 2 in the South and NME 3 in the South West
Two small Xs appear in the South and South West
This lasts for TICK 2 and clears

This gives us a general idea of where they are, but doesn't "track" them around the map; So NME 1 and NME 2 don't suffer from Wall Bangs and can relocate - Also the X's should inverse the natural colours on the map so fake X's can't be made.

Mortars work with this guys slider concept; viewtopic.php?f=65&t=334 but should do low damage, destroy a random variable between 3 - 15 blocks so to use the usefully people have to fire them in squads on a focus point; Also only some people should be allowed to use mortars and they must be fired from a mortar point? So NMEs can kill you when you are aiming and you can't just run around mortaring and there isn't a whole team of people smashing the living shit out of the place. Also NMEs should have protection from mortar fire in their spawn.

Things that don't really need an explanation!

Colour blind mode - I'm red green colour blind, so I always go green team because when I'm on blue, green players are harder to spot especially. Green also have a natural advantage against blue because the default terrain is green; Sorry if it sounds like a lame excuse.

Bullet drop - The SMG and Rifle should have bullet drop, but still have a limited range to stop people repeating the falling arrow scene from 300. This would make the Rifle less over powered.

Rifle Nerf - There needs to be a rifle nerf so the rifle doesn't have such pin point accuracy

Prone - Would a prone mode be a good idea? Not quiet sure myself.

Control Points - A game based on capturing and recapturing control points.

Rush - A rush clone from the Battle field series? (One team defenders bomb points, the other team have to detonate bomb points before moving onto the next bomb points)

Sprint - A sprint mode that adds lots of head bobbing and you can only hip fire with awful accuracy

I might update this at some point,
â™  [MLG] â™  Ace of Spades â™  xX_Kr0n1k_Fredidroxcs_CuntDest0y3r_Xx â™  - Joke Montage

Defenders of the Town Forums
A new upcoming Heroes of Newerth, Ace of Spades and General Gaming community - Register if you are interested!
FreddiRox

Re: The exquisite suggest list - FreddiRox

Postby pithecircle » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 am

I agree with you on most points, especially the whole side arm and class business. Sprinting's also nice.

There are a couple of points I disagree with you on though: The spotting thing, there's no need to complicate a simple game, minecraft's shown that *cough* 5 different types of wood, breakable boats, ladder hitbox nonsense ect *cough* And it's really quite unnecessary.

The second is rifle nurfing. The Rifle is essentially a sniper, that's how it's used. If you nerfed it, it would act diffidently, and no longer really be the same weapon, instead, switching between weapons, or a Buff to the other weapons would be nice.

Just my 5 cents.
pithecircle

Postby Gorman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:19 am

More guns / classes - no unlock system please. Make the game fair for new players, and not rigged to "the more time you spend ingame the stronger you are"

Side arm - you are going to have to think VERY carefully about how to balance this. 10 ammo for a semi user will get most players at least 5 kills. How many kills do you usually get with a grenade? Probably on 3 or 4 with all 3 grenades. As for medkit, 50 extra hp is great and all, but how often are you reduced to <100? Semis rule the killfeed, so I'm not sure how useful they would be. Pistol I disagree with just because it encourages people not to use cover and reaload, and not to manage their ammo properly - maybe this would be a nice half way step for CoD players or something, but it doesn't fit AoS.

Spotting - seems over complex, you even had trouble explaining it. Perhaps simply "position of spotted enemies remain on the map for 10 seconds with the icon fading over time". Half a second time to spot would mean you could spot a decent sized spot fairly quickly to show that the enemy are advancing.
I would prefer point and click cell based "off screen" mortar strikes; "we need mortar support in C4". Players used mortars would suck, to say the least.

Colour blind mode - sure

Bullet drop - Sounds ok, but not possible at the moment due to the way bullets are implemented (as far as I know). This would mean people have to make actually functional scope images instead of just 1 red dot.

Rifle nerf - no, rifles should be a matter of skill not a matter of luck.

Prone - no, people already complain that crouch is imbalanced, I don't see any way shape or form that prone would be useful.

Control points - territory control

Rush - pyspades custom script go

Sprint - no, then we would have to reduce the regular speed, and the overall game speed would suffer IMO. I'm not 100% against it, but it would cause some major balance issues, perhaps for the best even.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Bobbunny » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:20 am

Moar Guns - Yesh.
Sidearms - No. useless
Medic Bag/Ammo Bag/Other stuff - Yesh.
Spotting and Mortar System - Little too complicated, but I do want a mortar.
No on everything else except CPs.
Color Blind Mode: Too specified to a smallish group of people. Maybe some retex could work.
Bullet Drop: Too complicated.
Rifle Nerf: Hell to the No.
Prone: Useless
Rush: No.
Sprint: No.
Bobbunny

Postby MrChucklez » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:56 pm

More guns - no
Sidearms - YES
Medic/Ammo Bag - Possibly
Color Blind - Um, not color blind, so i don't know.
Spotting - No
Mortar - No
Rifle Nerf - No
Control Points - TC
Prone - NO
Rush - YES
Sprint - Hard to accomplish, but if done right, could be great.
Bullet Drop - No opinion

These are my personal opinions. Please no hate.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
He's Awesome
MrChucklez

Return to Game