Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Classy Classes

Got a great new idea for the game?

Classy Classes

Postby Darkleaf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:08 am

Classes: -Medic- ------ -Engineer- ------ -Assault- ------ -Scout- -------- -Commando-
1st slot: -Spade-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd slot: 50blocks------100blocks-------30blocks---------50blocks----------30blocks
3rd slot: Rifle----------- Shotgun---------- SMG------------ Sniper-------- Silenced 9mm
4th slot: 3xMedkit------3xMines-------3xGrenades------Binoculars-----3xRemoteBomb
5th slot: 9mm------------9mm------------Revolver--------Revolver---------Fake Intel

Also: Was thinking about a Demolitions class. Has Spade, 50blocks, Grenade Launcher/Mortar/Bazooka?, 2xDynamite (places a big bomb that after 5 seconds detonates for a big explosion), 9mm.

Every team has one Captain/General: Can call in airstrikes, can drop temporary supply crates, has a medal on his chest so the other team and your team know who you are. You can call a Captain vote, to vote for who should be captain or if the current captain should be demoted back to regular so then a new vote can be started. A Captain/General also wears a bulletproof vest that blocks the first 25 points of damage he/she receives.

Binoculars: Has a zoom range of sight but uses the point in the middle of the view to recommend an airstrike location. Does not call in an airstrike, but only recommends.
Fake Intel: When used, for 10seconds creates another intel display on the map confusing the enemy on the actual location. L-click places the fake intel, R-click activates it for 10seconds.
Medkits: Left click and hold is self use while right click and hold is person in front of you use.
Mines: A radius explosion when somebody steps on the block that the mine in placed. Can be detonated if shot.
Remote Bomb: A remote bomb with the the same explosion as a grenade. L-click places on any surface. R-click detonates all placed bombs.
Silenced 9mm: Like a basic 12-round pistol with a zoom the silenced version does not show up on the map when fired and makes little sound. It isn't very accurate at range and does half the damage of a rifle shot when struck
Sniper: 3 shot Rifle with long reload time and double the damage of a rifle. Right click once is a normal zoom, right click again is a further zoom. Right click again goes back to normal sighting. 15 bullets in total which makes them best suited for defense when needed to go back for more ammo.
Last edited by Darkleaf on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Darkleaf

Re: Classy Classes

Postby lolpwned23 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:14 am

I agree with everything... Except the sniper,seems overly powerful
(V)(;,,;)(V) whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop
lolpwned23

Postby Darkleaf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 am

lolpwned23 wrote:I agree with everything... Except the sniper,seems overly powerful

I wanted to change that the Sniper doesn't have grenades, instead binocs that can recommend targets.
Darkleaf

Postby Build » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:47 am

There really needs to be a colaberation of Class makers.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Gorman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:39 am

No classes please.

I want to be able to choose how I play and what I use, and not conform to some silly stereotypes.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Darkleaf » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:42 am

Well in that case I think there should be a use Home Base fuction to choose what slots have what. Kind of like a Custom Class.
Darkleaf

Postby Gorman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 am

Darkleaf wrote:Well in that case I think there should be a use Home Base fuction to choose what slots have what. Kind of like a Custom Class.

at the tent? That dosen't sound half bad.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby USABxBOOYO » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:59 am

I guess that idea could work.
USABxBOOYO
Global Moderator

Postby themightycomrade » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm

1. How could the engineer Not have a spade?
2. No for mines, I don't care what but no. Spamming of those will cause great butt hurtage.
3. Fake intel is useless if you ask me, especially when no one goes after the intel anyway.
4. Commando should have a knife, just to make him more commandoish.
Other then that I say it's a good idea, but I want it as a game mod only, not as the game itself.
Roses are red
Violates are blue (purple)
Look at this signature
It means I'm better then you!

CopyrightTM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
themightycomrade
Komrade Member

Postby Stiivais » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Please, do we have to do classes?
Can't we rely on a 2 slot system?
Like,
primary weapons (semi, smg, shotgun)
equipment (grenades, medkit, ammopack, extra blocks?)...
Possibly even 3rd slot, which would govern block count 30-50-80, which would change movement speed. (<but this might imbalance the game greatly, so don't flame, it's just an idea)

Classes would restrict us to a certain way of gameplay, which, in my book is a big NO-NO!!!

Also, whats with the binoculars? Closest thing i can think of is the radio-ish item being implemented for mortar. Why make something for airstrikes, if they will become obsolete with next update?
Also: shutting up because i have caused some annoyances lately.
Stiivais

Postby Darkleaf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Gorman wrote:
Darkleaf wrote:Well in that case I think there should be a use Home Base fuction to choose what slots have what. Kind of like a Custom Class.

at the tent? That dosen't sound half bad.

I would like to combine the ideas. Have at the tend a custom set of what items you want in the quantity of points (like in counterstrike you buy your items) where you choose what your slots items are by spending points. The medic/demolitions/assault could be slightly different models so your allies could know what role you plan on playing. I was also think that the Engineer would have a slightly more efficient spade. 2 hits per block.

Spade= default free
30blocks= default free
Rifle/SMG/Shotgun = 3 points
Sniper/Bazooka/Silenced 9mm= 4 points
Mortar/AK47=5 points
9mm/Revolver=2 points
3xGrenade/3xMine/3xRemote/3xDynamite=2 points
Medkit/Ammo=1 point
Vest=1 point
Binoculars=1 point
10blocks=1 point

Pickaxe (works like a spade but more efficient)= 5 points
Fake intel= 5points

Everyone would start with say.. 6 points? Gaining 1 point for ever 10 points you score. The points your get for getting items can only be spent and once used do not come back. If you decide to change or reset your default build when set it would work the same way as changing your weapons, you build would go back to nothing except for the default and you would get 6points to spend. Or you could go to the tent to spent the points you earned.

6 points could get you an SMG, grenades, medkit or a rifle, mines, ammo or shotgun, remote, vest or even an AK47 and a vest.

If I have a score of 50. That gives me 5 extra NOT PERMANENT points to spend and only use once. I could reset my build and get a Sniper, revolver, grenades, vest, medkit,and ammo. But when I die my build is reset to the default. Capturing a point or getting over 100kills gives you one permanent point until the match ends.

I was thinking the mortar should work as the minimap comes up[img]
mortar.png
[/img] where when equip. On the minimap it would show where it would hit.
Attachments
mortar.png
(46.93 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Darkleaf

Postby Darkleaf » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Stiivais wrote:Please, do we have to do classes?
Like,
Possibly even 3rd slot, which would govern block count 30-50-80, which would change movement speed. (<but this might imbalance the game greatly, so don't flame, it's just an idea)

Classes would restrict us to a certain way of gameplay, which, in my book is a big NO-NO!!!

Also, whats with the binoculars? Closest thing i can think of is the radio-ish item being implemented for mortar. Why make something for airstrikes, if they will become obsolete with next update?

Binoculars have max zoom vision (sniper in full zoom) and it the center there is a red point where when left lick is sent as a reccommended point of attack or airstrike.
Darkleaf

Postby CalenLoki » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:26 am

Personally I'd go for slot system, but without any kind of xp, killsteaks or buying stuff for kills.

OP is somehow wrong - especially restricting main weapon choice for each class.

My idea is simple:
You start with spade, 20 blocks, 75%HP, 175% speed
You have one main slot that can be used for: semi, smg, shotgun, mortar, HMG and any other big weapon. Weapons start loaded (except mortar), but without any spare magazines
One secondary slot: pistol, medikit, armour (+25% hp), and other stuff that determine your class
10 small slots, each for: single clip (or three magazines for pistol), 10 blocks, nade, binoculars, signal smoke nade, explosives, ect.

Taking main weapon reduce your speed by 20%, secondary by 10%, small slot by 5%

Primary and secondary items should be always visible (weapon on your back, pistol/medikit at belt, ect.)

Standard class is: weapon, armour, 3x10blocks, 3nade, 4magazine (100% hp, 100% speed, 50 blocks, 3 nades, 4 spare clips - just like now)
But you can create any kind of special class, like:
Builder: weapon, armour, 9x10blocks, 1magazine (120 blocks)
Assault: weapon, armour, 2magazine, 4nades, 2explosives (110% speed, 20 blocks)
Recon: weapon, binoculars, 1magazine, 2signal smoke, 1nade (75% hp, 135% speed, 20 blocks)
Medic: weapon, medikit, 1magazine, 1nade, 2medikit ammo (75% hp, 130% speed, 20 blocks)
Suicide bomber: 5nades (75% hp, 155% speed, 20 blocks)
Terrorist: 10explosives (75% hp, 135% speed, 20 blocks)
Tribal warrior: armour (165% speed, 20 blocks, spade...)
And all other crazy setups.

Main flaw of that setting is loosing feel of being in some kind of uniformed army...

And don't comment on specific equipment mentioned above (like medikit, mortar, signal smokes, explosives, ect.). it's discussion about class/slots, those are just examples.
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby Bandage » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 am

Stiivais wrote:Please, do we have to do classes?
Like,

^ Marvelous.

We don't need classes, we just need the equipment to be chosen as the game is like right now (though limited into the weapon selection only...). Just with those items told right there may be enough already. It just needs balance tweaking for many, many times until it's finally good.

I mean... heck. Weapons are good already. I'm not wishing for more. It would be cool to have a nice arsenal, but it's not for the pleasant gameplay experience.
For many times I have wished I'd had a medkit to heal others, maybe even revive them with it. I would want to replace grenades with it, because I usually don't use them that much.

That could be so sweet, and wouldn't break the game that much: it just adds some different strategy aspects into to the game. No need for imbalanced classes, when we can choose the small equipment in the beginning of it.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Postby xEric » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 am

Well This would work and some other people said they didnt like it. So It could be an OPTION for pyspades right? If they dont like it they dont have to go there.
Back
xEric

Next

Return to Game