Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

A Lvling System!

Got a great new idea for the game?

A Lvling System!

Postby xDranZx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 pm

the idea is that kills get you xp and headshots would give you even more xp the lvl of the player is seen on the leaderboard and if they join a different server there lvl is still the same so they can lvl up and earn xp no matter what server they are on not like it is atm that you lose all your kills when joining or relogging.

just an idea and i would love to know what the community thinks of it and how they would change it

-Dranz-
xDranZx

Re: A Lvling System!

Postby lolpwned23 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:21 am

I like it
(V)(;,,;)(V) whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop
lolpwned23

Postby zephir » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:20 am

that would be really cool, especially if it transfers server to server, and stored in an encrypted file, so no one can cheat their lvl by editing the file.

I play AoS nearly every day. for the last 3 months. if there is such as system I'd be more compelled to play properly instead of destroying the landscape or building things and ignoring everyone else.
zephir

Postby AlexKirchu » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:38 am

No.

1. This ISN'T COD.

2. The gameplay of AoS works on the fact that EVERYONE HAS THE EXACT SAME ABILITY AND POWER TO DO THINGS. EVERYONE PLAYS ON THE SAME LEVEL OF GROUND. This means that to be good, people base it on SKILL. If you give people levels and it gives advantages to you that other players at a lower level can't obtain (because what's the point of levelling up if you don't benefit from it), and that's not fair.

I DO however support a permanent kill record, telling you how many kills you've got, how many times you've died, how many times you capped intel etc.

And just to say, none of you have told us what the point of the levelling is? So you level up. If you don't get anything, so WHAT? If levelling up is just a measure of reputation, then there's not that much point is there?
My Mods: http://tinyurl.com/753jhup
More Teams Suggestion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xl89ry - Show your support, vote YES =D
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirchuAlex253?feature=mhee
AlexKirchu

Postby Gorman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:41 am

I don't want any kind of continuous stats at the moment. It is far too easy to abuse. If this happens I am definitely going to set myself to a couple of million kills to prove a point. At the moment this is neither viable nor meaningful.

As for server specific stats, sure, that is a VERY trivial python script, find a server who would like this and ask them, it may be funny to see people with 10000 points.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Yakkers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:22 am

Nooooo.
The beauty of AoS is its simplicity, this is not Call of Duty. I've seen so many other shooters go down the drain trying to be more like CoD, and I'm not about to see AoS see the same fate.
Yakkers

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 pm

No... nuff said
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Bandage » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:06 am

Just no.

AoS lives up to it's simplicity and skill based reputation. We DON'T need any levels to show we are good, just go into a server and start doing whatever you're nice at.

Also this could reduce the effort of building things, when you don't just get anything from it. Killing is more fun than any team based work, i.e cover building and intel capping. I've seen that happen, it's still the same effect like in CoD franchise, where people don't usually bother to go defuse a bomb plant that easily because shooting others is more fun anyway.

Also - no COD related features into AoS either way. I've seen games destroying themselves by doing so, and that's the least I want AoS to do.
PS: kmaj is a grammarnazi
Bandage
[USAB] Member

Postby themightycomrade » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

No.
I like AOS as simple and as equal as it is now.
Perhaps a level system that grants nothing but a rank (get X rank for Y experience without any perks or anything) would be good.
Roses are red
Violates are blue (purple)
Look at this signature
It means I'm better then you!

CopyrightTM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
themightycomrade
Komrade Member

Postby xDranZx » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:58 pm

themightycomrade wrote:No.
I like AOS as simple and as equal as it is now.
Perhaps a level system that grants nothing but a rank (get X rank for Y experience without any perks or anything) would be good.

that was the idea of it :/ only showing a lvl and how long they have played its not mento give an advantage...
xDranZx

Postby DarkDXZ » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

I don't see ANY point of that...
I'd send you to this video for my opinion on that.
"The last thing I want to do is to hurt you. But it's still on the list." - DarkDXZ
You found my secret signature line, damnit! Alright, Polaks are bad, I admit. But it's not their fault.
DarkDXZ

Postby Tek2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:06 pm

A leveling system just doesn't fit AoS, it just doesn't work well in this kind of game.
Tek2

Postby MegaDeuce » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 am

You're not on the WOW forums, yo. This is just a little blocky FPS.
MegaDeuce

Postby jorgen456 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I think a leveling system would be great! As long as it isn't too easy to cheat and doesn't give players an advantage. But if that doesn't work out, what about a player statistics page on the AOS website which could give you a rank based on kills or how many games you have won?
jorgen456

Postby Fluttershy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Would you like a cheese grater to help with the grinding? This does nothing to show how skillful a player is or how long they really have been playing.
Fluttershy

Next

Return to Game