Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Most Common Suggestions - Discussion

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Most Common Suggestions - Discussion

Postby Tuadim » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I think this game doesn't needs to be tactical or realistic. Just need a helicopter and a jeep and around 50 fuel that goes out with the seconds. I would want this game to be arcade'ish. Who's with me?
My in-game name is [FF]Joseh123.

My player skin pack
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
That is a dead mod-pack.
Tuadim
[FF] Member

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Tuadim wrote:I think this game doesn't needs to be tactical or realistic. Just need a helicopter and a jeep and around 50 fuel that goes out with the seconds. I would want this game to be arcade'ish. Who's with me?

Ace of Spades has never been that much arcade-ish. IMO I wouldn't mind one or two arcade elements, but I find this game better if it stays with a more tactical aproach.
I sincerely am all in for jeeps. I see no reason for it not to be if a helicopter ends up implemented.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Afrodude4 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:55 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
Tuadim wrote:I think this game doesn't needs to be tactical or realistic. Just need a helicopter and a jeep and around 50 fuel that goes out with the seconds. I would want this game to be arcade'ish. Who's with me?

Ace of Spades has never been that much arcade-ish. IMO I wouldn't mind one or two arcade elements, but I find this game better if it stays with a more tactical aproach.
I sincerely am all in for jeeps. I see no reason for it not to be if a helicopter ends up implemented.

Except for maps like Goon Assault or Pinpoint, jeeps on those maps would be pretty lame.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby ChaosTLW » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 am

Afrodude4 wrote:
ChaosTLW wrote:

Except for maps like Goon Assault or Pinpoint, jeeps on those maps would be pretty lame.

Yeah, I agree, but probably in 2 days someone would make a version suitable for use of vehicles.
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Derpy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:Yeah, I agree, but probably in 2 days someone would make a version suitable for use of vehicles.

Ramps. 3 block wide stairs? Hopefully.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Postby DrPain » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Alright, I've been thinking lately
This game
Is turning into cod

I don't have any idea

How it's turning into cod

But think about it, there's no emphasis on teamwork, since you can very easily go out on your own and snipe in the hillsides getting killstreaks from 20-30 kills, the submachine gun is a spray and pray gun, only you don't really have to pray since it will hit people reliably, the rifle always has 100% accuracy so you don't need any technical skill in order to use it.
Basically, the game is all about kills now, and the guns are easy as shit to use

I saw that you were nerfing the rifle by reducing it's bullet count
That won't work, it'll still be just as effective as an all-range gun
Saw that you were trying to nerf the submachine gun by reducing it's headshot damage and increasing the limb damage
That will just make it worse, believe me

When you make your nerfs and buffs, you should really look into what it will do to the gun, find out why what's overpowered or underpowered, and use your brain to fix it.

In my personal opinion, an effective nerf for the semi would be turning it into a bolt-action, making it so that it could only make safe engagements at long range, unless of course you could headshot with your first shot, but then again, you have guns with 100% accuracy, making this easy as shit.

Which brings me to the topic of dynamic accuracy.

Now pretty much every semi-realistic shooter has dynamic accuracy, your gun is affected by recoil, your recoil and spread increases when you're moving, your recoil and spread decreases when you're crouching, or in iron-sights.

This would basically solve a buttload of the game's problems with weapon balance.
However you'd have to make it reasonably hardcore since there's ironsights in this game.

If dynamic accuracy is implemented, you should consider removing the targeting reticule, so that you can only aim accurately when looking down sights.
You should basically make it like the sniper rifles in Counter-Strike in that out of ironsights would be a no-scope, in ironsights would be scoped

So basically, in scope, even less accurate while moving, however pinpoint accuracy when standing still
Out of scope, poor accuracy while moving, shaky accuracy while standing still

I'm really not sure what you'd have to do in order to make this game more team-based though

Oh, and I'm also against adding vehicles to the game
Those are really gonna end up just being a gimmick
Do you want a game full of gimmicks?
DrPain

Postby ante185 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 pm

I think that the only way to absolutly balance is damage drop off, if the rifles had low accuracy while not iron sighted, crouched and are moving. (Or something like that) and both the SMG and shotgun got buffed with atlot of damaged.

But the rifle would have the least damage drop off, the shotgun would have the most drop off while the SMG would have a bit less then the shotgun.
ante185

Postby Afrodude4 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:40 pm

DrPain wrote:Alright, I've been thinking lately
This game
Is turning into cod

I don't have any idea

How it's turning into cod

But think about it, there's no emphasis on teamwork, since you can very easily go out on your own and snipe in the hillsides getting killstreaks from 20-30 kills, the submachine gun is a spray and pray gun, only you don't really have to pray since it will hit people reliably, the rifle always has 100% accuracy so you don't need any technical skill in order to use it.
Basically, the game is all about kills now, and the guns are easy as shit to use

I saw that you were nerfing the rifle by reducing it's bullet count
That won't work, it'll still be just as effective as an all-range gun
Saw that you were trying to nerf the submachine gun by reducing it's headshot damage and increasing the limb damage
That will just make it worse, believe me

When you make your nerfs and buffs, you should really look into what it will do to the gun, find out why what's overpowered or underpowered, and use your brain to fix it.

In my personal opinion, an effective nerf for the semi would be turning it into a bolt-action, making it so that it could only make safe engagements at long range, unless of course you could headshot with your first shot, but then again, you have guns with 100% accuracy, making this easy as shit.

Which brings me to the topic of dynamic accuracy.

Now pretty much every semi-realistic shooter has dynamic accuracy, your gun is affected by recoil, your recoil and spread increases when you're moving, your recoil and spread decreases when you're crouching, or in iron-sights.

This would basically solve a buttload of the game's problems with weapon balance.
However you'd have to make it reasonably hardcore since there's ironsights in this game.

If dynamic accuracy is implemented, you should consider removing the targeting reticule, so that you can only aim accurately when looking down sights.
You should basically make it like the sniper rifles in Counter-Strike in that out of ironsights would be a no-scope, in ironsights would be scoped

So basically, in scope, even less accurate while moving, however pinpoint accuracy when standing still
Out of scope, poor accuracy while moving, shaky accuracy while standing still

I'm really not sure what you'd have to do in order to make this game more team-based though

Oh, and I'm also against adding vehicles to the game
Those are really gonna end up just being a gimmick
Do you want a game full of gimmicks?

Ok, so, several things.

The rifle isn't 100% accurate in .75, not like it was in earlier versions. There is actually quite a bit of bullets spray in the rifle, which annoys the hell out of me when I'm fighting at mid-range with a rifle, because I know that back in .70 I would have gotten a kill, when now I have to use 1 or 2 more shots.

About your stance on the SMG, it is true that it indeed a spray weapon, and can be used fairly effectively with little to no skill. But I think that lowering the headshot power on it is a great idea, although I suppose that depends on how much the limb and chest power was increased, I haven't read the full changelog on that.

Although, I do agree with your point on vehicles, they are very very unnecessary.
Representing Jamaica Power

Afrodude4

Postby DrPain » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 am

Honestly, I think the shotgun would be a lot better if the cone of spread actually went in the direction you were aiming
DrPain

Previous

Return to Game