Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

A few very important updates needed

Got a great new idea for the game?

A few very important updates needed

Postby marth22 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 am

1.this game despertly needs a voice chat button, like a hold V to talk on a mic kind of thing. i find it very hard to type to people, shoot deuces, all while building an important structure that needs to be made as quick as possible.

2. this game needs a basic layout of a downloaded game, such as a start button on the desktop that starts up the game, complete with server lists, maybe character customations, weapon equips, and friends.

3. a new game mode that i find very interesting, WARFARE could be a mode of gameplay with night and day cycles, each day/night lasting 4-5 minutes, when dusk comes, on the top right of your screen comes a flashing red sign thta says RETREAT and you have 1 minute to get back to your side of the map, which will be shown by a red slash down the middle of the map. when it becomes night, anyone on the wrong side will be killed and move back to their side, no players can cross nor shoot at the players on either side, this is build time, you now have a 5 minute timer on the top right of your screen and you may feel free to stock up on ammo, build new structures and defences, and find a good spot to camp when the sun rises, when the sun does rise, the barrier is lifted and normal play ensues, the way to win is to kill the other players a certain amount of times, lets say 100 men for an example, each kill makes the counter go down once until zero. i would really like this game mode because you can have time to build without getting shot at, and both teams get a fair advantage, depending on how skilled their builders are,this is also like the civil war since men would set up camps at night, and fight when morning comes. for me, i can make a four story bunker with an underground escape route and an emergency panic room, in about 4 minutes, so this mode is just right for me:D please consider these as updates and thnx for reading!
marth22

Re: A few very important updates needed

Postby Build » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:18 am

Wafare (#3) looked interesting.
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby Cyanyde » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:46 am

Build wrote:Wafare (#3) looked interesting.

Yeah, the first two are polish things that will most likely come towards the end of the alpha/beta phase.
(Currently voip is possible using vent, mumble or teamspeak etc..)

As for the gamemode, it sounds pretty interesting.. almost like a day/night cycle in minecraft except instead of creepers and the rest attacking, it's enemy soldiers.

I already saw another suggestion that had a build mode type thing involved, definitely fits with the theme of the game. :)
+2
Cyanyde

Postby marth22 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Cyanyde wrote:
Build wrote:Wafare (#3) looked interesting.

Yeah, the first two are polish things that will most likely come towards the end of the alpha/beta phase.
(Currently voip is possible using vent, mumble or teamspeak etc..)

As for the gamemode, it sounds pretty interesting.. almost like a day/night cycle in minecraft except instead of creepers and the rest attacking, it's enemy soldiers.

I already saw another suggestion that had a build mode type thing involved, definitely fits with the theme of the game. :)
+2

matthew:i really like the idea of this mode because for once, you have time to build while not under fire! :D
marth22

Postby MrChucklez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Warfare sounds pretty interesting. I think night needs to be a little bit shorter though. Maybe only 3 min. It would get quite boring just building for 5 min., plus, HUGE bases can be built in 5 min. Still, great base idea. Would realy create some interesting teamwork. Instead of each person building one small thing, you could get the team to build something big.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
He's Awesome
MrChucklez

Postby Anomalous » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:52 am

I think a game mode like this would be a good scenario to have more explosives or vehicles. whereas I've always been on the negative side when it comes to those two things, I can definitely see it working here, since if you give the players strict building time like that, some pretty big forts could be built which would probably be near impossible to penetrate after a while. with more explosives and maybe vehicles, it would be easier to knock holes in those giant defenses.

Just my two cents on this.
Anomalous

Postby lehma18 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Anomalous wrote:some pretty big forts could be built which would probably be near impossible to penetrate after a while. with more explosives and maybe vehicles, it would be easier to knock holes in those giant defenses.

Not difficult at all, it would just require teamplay.
http://imgur.com/cG8h7
If the image wasn't clear enough, heres an explanation:
The players split into large and small "squads" The large squad goes straight into the front of the base, drawing their attention, and in the meanwhile the small squad sneaks to the side of the base. The small squad splits again into groups of three (Or more, depending on the size of the small squad). One of the 3 ppl groups moves to the back of the base, and while they're doing that, the other squad starts to dig through the side of the base, distracting enemy soldiers inside. (didn't draw this part, deal with it) Now the other squad can easily break through the wall and sneak to the intel. larger squad outside provides cover fire for the intel-carrying team, while they run like duck and try to pick out as many snipers as possible.
???.
Profit
"Killing is just one of those things that gets easier the more you do it"- Solid Snake
"I did what i was told to do, the best i could." - Simo Häyhä, legendary finnish sniper.
lehma18

Postby marth22 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:14 pm

lehma18 wrote:
Anomalous wrote:some pretty big forts could be built which would probably be near impossible to penetrate after a while. with more explosives and maybe vehicles, it would be easier to knock holes in those giant defenses.

Not difficult at all, it would just require teamplay.
http://imgur.com/cG8h7
If the image wasn't clear enough, heres an explanation:
The players split into large and small "squads" The large squad goes straight into the front of the base, drawing their attention, and in the meanwhile the small squad sneaks to the side of the base. The small squad splits again into groups of three (Or more, depending on the size of the small squad). One of the 3 ppl groups moves to the back of the base, and while they're doing that, the other squad starts to dig through the side of the base, distracting enemy soldiers inside. (didn't draw this part, deal with it) Now the other squad can easily break through the wall and sneak to the intel. larger squad outside provides cover fire for the intel-carrying team, while they run like duck and try to pick out as many snipers as possible.
???.
Profit

but to do this, you would need a headset, wich is one of the things id like to see, u cant ask how ur team is doing and then dig too
marth22

Return to Game