Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Ammo Clips

Got a great new idea for the game?

Ammo Clips

Postby Moonkey » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 pm

On maps when you're fighting and are running out of ammo and are too far away from your tent to get back safely maybe... Ammo clips laid around the map. The problem is though is that players might bury the ammo clips. Maybe they randomly spawn on blocks? Anyway it would probably look like a clip from all 3 guns. I don't know if this is a good idea... Is it? I think it would be useful on large maps. Or maybe have a command that's like an airstrike but drops an ammo pack on you. Like a certain streak maybe 5 and type something like /ammo and it falls from the sky with a parachute. Anyway I want to know what you, the community, think.
Edit: Well there's already a suggestion like that but I'll just leave this here.
Space Inspader
Moonkey

Re: Ammo Clips

Postby BlizzardDUCK » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:24 pm

what if you killed somebody, and their ammo drops on the ground, maybe their gun too. so you can swap guns and get ammo if they have the same gun
BlizzardDUCK

Postby Gorman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:12 am

A streak of 6 usually gets you an airstrike which refills your ammo and health and blocks automatically.

Rifle has enough ammo for 60 kills, SMG enough for 50, shotgun enough for 54. Even if you are only 15% accurate you should be able to achieve this.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Fluttershy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Gorman wrote:A streak of 6 usually gets you an airstrike which refills your ammo and health and blocks automatically.

The problem is is that it is only a Pyspades feature, rather than a Vanilla one. and TBH, that feature needs improvement, just completely handing you ammo should only be a band-aid or crutch until Ben can implement a better system. Personally i like the looting bodies idea for a small bit of ammo, because itd discourage camping slightly, as well as being slightly more.....realistic (yeah I used that word.) and better as far as gameplay is concerned than an entire ammo and health refill for reaching the predetermined airstrike number on pyspade servers. Plus itd also make it so if you sprayed like a moron you wouldnt ever be able to get all the ammo back, forcing you to either a)go back to the cp/commit suicide, or b)improve your shots.
Fluttershy

Postby Gorman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I agree that airstrikes is a ridiculously stupid and imbalanced feature (no offence to whoever made it, it is cool, just not good for gameplay).

Any competent player can handle their ammo well enough in the first place that even without airstrike it isn't a problem.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Coffee » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Only on drops, maybe, one clip or so with a 30% drop rate? If it is going to be implemented, it still shouldn't be able to keep someone self sufficient on people they kill. You should still have to go back to the CP every now and then.
Coffee

Postby CommandoDude » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Coffee wrote:You should still have to go back to the CP every now and then.

There will never be any incentive to go back to the CP. Dieing is far faster and will probably be more fun than walking all the way across the map.

The only time its feasible is on TOW or CZ game types with multiple CPs that you HAVE to go to already.

Make the game more fun, not more tedious.
CommandoDude

Postby CalenLoki » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 am

I'd go for looting body - grants you randomly 1 clip or 1 nade.
+ body stays 2 minutes or till someone (even teammate) loot it.
+ reduce ammo from 1+4 to 1+2 clips (camping even harder :P)
In pace leones, in bello cervi
CalenLoki

Postby Gorman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:22 am

CommandoDude wrote:There will never be any incentive to go back to the CP. Dieing is far faster and will probably be more fun than walking all the way across the map.

That is the difference between pro players and casuals.

To quote the Starcraft 2 tip; "Pulling units with low health out of combat is often the difference between a gold rankingand a platinum ranking."
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Bobbunny » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:27 am

Gorman wrote:
CommandoDude wrote:There will never be any incentive to go back to the CP. Dieing is far faster and will probably be more fun than walking all the way across the map.

That is the difference between pro players and casuals.

To quote the Starcraft 2 tip; "Pulling units with low health out of combat is often the difference between a gold rankingand a platinum ranking."

Quoth the Gorman, Run the duck away...

Although I do want someway to get ammo back, given that very few people run back to the CP, I think something different is needed.
Bobbunny

Postby Gorman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:35 am

Bobbunny wrote:Quoth the Gorman, Run the duck away...

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:51 am

... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby arti » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 am

yeah
arti

Return to Game