Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[UPDATED] New GUI or HUD and stuff.

Got a great new idea for the game?

[UPDATED] New GUI or HUD and stuff.

Postby Uchillz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 pm

UPDATE :
Admin/Developer has done the GUI, and also serverbrowser!!! Also a cool sound mod by SIMOX (I think?) included in this video..
Check this out!
----->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1cfLCIBe3c <-------

First of all i'm sorry for my bad Engrish, i hope you understand what i wrote below :P
Hi guys, i'm here to suggest a new feature to change the current GUI or HUD. Because the current GUI been a year old and looks boring (IMO), i really wanted to change the GUI or HUD myself by modifying the image files in the game directory but they're too tiny and separated like grenade.png and health.png, you can check em out in PNG folder right in the game directory (by default C:\Ace of Spades\). So let's get right to the point of this suggestion.

See these picture below.

*Note that this picture shows my suggestion that i made in photoshop, NOT THE ACTUAL GUI or HUD

*Note that this picture shows my suggestion that i made in photoshop, NOT THE ACTUAL GUI or HUD

Details :
1. Equipments and Supports display
I bet there will be a new feature like items and weapons management, so i'm suggesting to make a GUI or HUD for it, the blue square indicates chosen equipment and is ready to use by pressing a button. And the other parts of it (those 3 stuff right next to medikit) are Airstrike icon, Mortar/Artillery Support icon, and Radar (or UAV) icon.

- Mortar/Artillery Support has already been suggested by Nayzzle
link : viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1358

- Radar (or UAV), i think this one has not been suggested (didn't find any of this) so let me describe.
Adding radar support that shows the location of the enemies in map would be good, i know it won't be fair but how are the other shooting games? Like Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc have this feature (sorry for mentioning other game names). How to get this support? 3 options, ONE add a Item shop feature so people trade their earned in-game currency with this. TWO if the developer adds "Killstreaks" feature (like Call of Duty) this thing can be earned after a player gets few kills. THREE default support item or all players normally have this support and after they use this, they need to wait cooldown of it.

-Airstrike
Already in-game feature but if the developer change the requirements to get this support read Radar 3 options to get this support.

-Armor
This feature is awesome too, if the developer adds item management and shops, this thing should be added to the game, make it to have few different kinds like, HEAVY ARMOR reduces movement speed but greatly increases damage reduction. BALANCED ARMOR, balanced movement and damage reduction. LIGHT ARMOR increases movement but takes more damage when shot. And many other unique armor.

-Stamina
Regarding stamina, Cloudnine01 has already posted this
link : viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1874

Ok so, i think that's all. All changes are up to the Developer this is only a "SUGGESTION" from me, i just want to help to improve this awesome game!
Thank you very very much for your time to read my useless GUI or HUD n stuff suggestion and FEEL FREE to comment, give corrections and critics.

Additions
Uchillz wrote:
Ki11aWi11 wrote:I haz a better idea, simply add the ability to customise the HUD just like how you can Customise weapons, add a PNG file or select fonts etc... That way if I want to play like I'm in Ace of Tron I can but if I want to play like I'm in Vietnam I can!

you mean make the HUD editable in .png like minecraft texture pack? sounds good man, thanks for your addition!
Last edited by Uchillz on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Uchillz

Re: New GUI or HUD and stuff.

Postby Qw3rtz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Looks lovely. ;)
Meow, i smell bullets :3
Qw3rtz

Postby TheSifodias » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Kinda destroys the simplicity of the game with all the new stats. I like AOS becasue one look at the hud tells you instantly how good or bad you are. Also, can't you usually just type in a command or press tab for you number of kills?
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby Leonzable » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Wow I want this hud.
Minus all the features you've made up. It's still awesome.
New hud support +1
User was warned for this post
Leonzable

Postby Trollolz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Basically what Leonzable said. New, but none of these extra things that arent in the game currently.
Trollolz
[DELTA] Leader

Postby BlueToonYoshi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 am

Interesting look, but probably not a good idea for right now.
BlueToonYoshi

Postby DoomSplitter » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:23 am

I don't know, I like the current hud, but I could get used to this one.
DoomSplitter

Postby Ki11aWi11 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:05 am

I haz a better idea, simply add the ability to customise the HUD just like how you can Customise weapons, add a PNG file or select fonts etc... That way if I want to play like I'm in Ace of Tron I can but if I want to play like I'm in Vietnam I can!
Ki11aWi11

Postby TheSifodias » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:23 am

We can do that...
A leader, a sniper, a creator...
an admin, and a loyal clan member of USAB.

TheSifodias
[USAB] Member

Postby Uchillz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 pm

thank you for all your replies...
once again these pictures show my suggestion examples that i made in photoshop, NOT THE ACTUAL GUI or HUD
Uchillz

Postby Uchillz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Qw3rtz wrote:Looks lovely. ;)

thanks man i did it using Photoshop lol, i wish the developer would use this one hehe. but nah, i think they will do it em'self so.
Uchillz

Postby Uchillz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm

TheSifodias wrote:Kinda destroys the simplicity of the game with all the new stats. I like AOS becasue one look at the hud tells you instantly how good or bad you are. Also, can't you usually just type in a command or press tab for you number of kills?

thanks for your response.
and yes, i agree with you mr Sifodias, the current GUI is simple and makes the screen have better viewing without anything that fucks it up. but i think it only tells a few details of the game like scores of each team, we have to press tab, and the chat gui can't be scrolled so we can't read the whole chat history.
Uchillz

Postby Uchillz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Leonzable wrote:Wow I want this hud.
Minus all the features you've made up. It's still awesome.
New hud support +1

thank you for your response and support sir, regarding to those shit i made, lol i was only wanted to make the "airstrike" icon because i bet someday there will be a button to use it without typin' /airstrike command, but then again i imagined some features like in other games (Mortar/Artillery and Radar/UAV). so i made em there lol
Uchillz

Postby Uchillz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Trollolz wrote:Basically what Leonzable said. New, but none of these extra things that arent in the game currently.

yes, they are not. i was only imagined or inspired hahahah
Uchillz

Postby Uchillz » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm

BlueToonYoshi wrote:Interesting look, but probably not a good idea for right now.

thank you for your response Mr. Yoshi :D
Uchillz

Next

Return to Game