Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Lets solve this hand to hand

Got a great new idea for the game?

Give your opinion.

Very Cool Idea
27%
Good Idea
46%
Bad Idea
23%
The worst Idea I've ever seen
4%

Total votes : 26

Lets solve this hand to hand

Postby pedroiora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Have you ever gotten pissed off with other teams player jokes and pranks, like a guy that kills you by behind.
My idea is that you would be able to solve this, just you and him.

Challeging Derp:
You may propose a challenge for somebody by a text command like: /challenge [derp] (or a simple one, like /x1 [derp]

Being Challenged by Herp:
The player who's being challenged would acept challenge by a text command like: /acptchallege [herp] ( or a simple one, like /acptx1 [herp])

If accepted, there would appear a simbol, maybe a skull or something, of the player who called for a challenge in the challenged player map and vice versa. So there you can go to the player location and solve your issues with him.

That's my idea, it's very simple, then please leave your opinion in the pool. Thanks

P.S.: I'm Brazilian, so sorry if there's any pathetic english grammatical mistake.
Thanks for compreension.

Hope you guys like it.
PedroIora
PATRIA AMADA, BRASIL ♪ (dã. dã. dãrannnn)
pedroiora

Re: Lets solve this hand to hand

Postby DarkDXZ » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

As long as the only rewards you get is your personal satisfaction and a server message, then why the heck not? :)
It wouldn't be abusable, since both sides have to accept.
"The last thing I want to do is to hurt you. But it's still on the list." - DarkDXZ
You found my secret signature line, damnit! Alright, Polaks are bad, I admit. But it's not their fault.
DarkDXZ

Postby pedroiora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:25 pm

DarkDXZ wrote:As long as the only rewards you get is your personal satisfaction and a server message, then why the heck not? :)
It wouldn't be abusable, since both sides have to accept.

Yeah, a simple thing, no rewards, I dont know why, but I dont like the reward for killing systems that existes in many FPS games, it makes the game to look stupid and pointless.

Just personal satisfaction (and some bloody vengance)
pedroiora

Postby DoomSplitter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:55 pm

The thing that worries me is that people will spam it.
DoomSplitter

Postby pedroiora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 pm

DoomSplitter wrote:The thing that worries me is that people will spam it.

Yes, there's this problem,
but there would be like a cooldown, or using it 1 time and waiting 10 minutes or something like this, would completaly remove the possibility of spamming.
pedroiora

Postby DoomSplitter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm

The idea itself is okay, but why not just walk up to the player and kill him normally? Why have a "challenge" system?
DoomSplitter

Postby ChaosTLW » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:21 pm

DoomSplitter wrote:The idea itself is okay, but why not just walk up to the player and kill him normally? Why have a "challenge" system?

Because you can't see the name of the enemy. You can't know if the guy that just walked past your sniping spot is just a random deuce going to build a swastika or that guy pissing you off.

@topic +1
#1 most active member

We are here because the Universe offers conditions so life can evolve,to the point where(at least one)species,in a small planet around a star lost between millions of galaxies,is able to ask itself:What was my origin? (M. Gleiser)
ChaosTLW

Postby Frostified » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Do you mean something like In Star Wars Jedi Knight 3 where you can challange other players to duels and while dueling you are invincible to other players except the one you are challanging.
<Grandy> Just wanted to say I hate you all
<StackOverflow> rambo famous is like being nicki minaj famous
<StackOverflow> you haven't really accomplished anything and everybody laughs at you
Frostified

Postby pedroiora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm

no, not invencible to other. The diference is that it would appear in your map where the challenged player is.
pedroiora

Postby pedroiora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:50 pm

ChaosTLW wrote:
DoomSplitter wrote:The idea itself is okay, but why not just walk up to the player and kill him normally? Why have a "challenge" system?

Because you can't see the name of the enemy. You can't know if the guy that just walked past your sniping spot is just a random deuce going to build a swastika or that guy pissing you off.

@topic +1

exactly, thanks ChaosTLW
pedroiora

Postby Fett316 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:07 pm

This idea actually has a lot of merit. There was a feature that allowed players to challenge one another in multi-player servers in Jedi Academy like Frostified stated.

For example, there would be around 30 players just kind of milling around in a lounge type of style. Anyone could issue a challenge to anyone. When this happened, the challenge would be accepted and the two players disappeared from view. From the perspective of the players in the challenge, everyone else disappeared. This continued until the challenge ended.

I feel this is entirely possible with AoS.

Now, practicality is a different issue...
http://www.maverickmods.zxq.net/

I will NOT join your clan!!

Fett316

Postby kmaj » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Fett316 wrote:This idea actually has a lot of merit. There was a feature that allowed players to challenge one another in multi-player servers in Jedi Academy like Frostified stated.

For example, there would be around 30 players just kind of milling around in a lounge type of style. Anyone could issue a challenge to anyone. When this happened, the challenge would be accepted and the two players disappeared from view. From the perspective of the players in the challenge, everyone else disappeared. This continued until the challenge ended.

Except the invisibility part. Two players could exploit this to reach the enemy base to camp.
kmaj
[FF] Leader

Postby DoomSplitter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:25 pm

kmaj wrote:Except the invisibility part. Two players could exploit this to reach the enemy base to camp.

I'm assuming that you could only challenge people on the opposite team.
DoomSplitter

Postby demo123 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Nice.Same thing that Team Fortress 2 has(The one in TF2 is realy good.)
Its a yes from me.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

Postby pedroiora » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:39 pm

kmaj wrote:
Fett316 wrote:This idea actually has a lot of merit. There was a feature that allowed players to challenge one another in multi-player servers in Jedi Academy like Frostified stated.

Except the invisibility part. Two players could exploit this to reach the enemy base to camp.

exactly, no disapearing.
pedroiora

Next

Return to Game