Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

OpenGL, do we REALLY want it?

Got a great new idea for the game?

What do you think of OpenGL?

OpenGL looks like crap.
8%
OpenGL looks like crap somebody vomited in and then sprayed with ground up roadkill.
4%
I do not know what OpenGL looks like, because I went blind immediately after trying to view a video of OpenGL client.
14%
OpenGL is amazing and I love it.
74%

Total votes : 84

Re: OpenGL, do we REALLY want it?

Postby Derpy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 am

ResistAnce128 wrote:
Derpy wrote:
ResistAnce128 wrote:I really like the way openGL looks so far, and I think that with a small amount of improvement, openGL would be perfect. Also as paratrooper mentioned, it will only render the game in openGL from the client, and you will still be able to play the game in the old rendering system if you launch the game from the website.

On a side note, is this new client out, and were can I download it? =O

There was a limited number of beta copies that were given in an our on the IRC. I got one, but I don't use it much.

Mother of gog, how could you neglect such a beautiful prize fit for a champion?!

Mind you, this was for 7.6. Not OpenGL.

I'm a brony, but not too far.

Why I choose to play AOS, and why I stay in it is a mystery to even me. Perhaps, when I grow older, I may discover that reason, and the answer to other questions of this game.
Derpy
[TSB] Member

Previous

Return to Game