Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Rebalance clips

Got a great new idea for the game?

Re: Rebalance clips

Postby Gorman » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 am

Tek2 wrote:Another mag would fit it nicely, more bullets to shoot walls. :D

Quite possibly.

I played a few more SMG games just to test it out. Against most snipers at range 100 you can easily kill them before they kill you - if they miss then it is basically guaranteed that they will die.
Even at fog range it is just a matter of who sees who first, though against a really good semi this would not be the case.

The anti-material factor is immense, you can take out enemy cover so easily! I joined a team that was losing quite badly, and just by taking out enemy cover and building more for us I was easily able to turn the game around. However I did run out of ammo quite quickly, so I eventually just decided to go for kills when I only had a clip left, so I could get airstrike and refill my ammo.

For this reason I wouldn't mind having more ammo.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby Build » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 am

Build wrote:Practicality beats Theory.

Build wrote:/end discussion

Build wrote:/end discussion
... I was gone for a month and came back to a game that hadn't changed a bit.
Build

Postby AlexKirchu » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:41 am

I think we lost sight of the main discussion with Gorman ages ago...

Point is, do we want more ammo in our ammo cache? Do we need it?

Rifle: Fine as it is, yes sometimes I do run out of ammo when I'm camping, but only rarely. This usually only happens if I don't get airstrike or don't die.

SMG: Needs more ammo. How many kills it can get compared to the rifle theoretically is irrelevant. The point is, the SMG chews through ammo a lot quicker than the Rifle does. I would appreciate maybe one more clip.

Shotgun: Nah, I don't use shotgun often, but I can tell you the ammo is plenty enough for the shotgun's purposes of close-up shooting. You'd usually die first before you run out of ammo.

So conclusion? SMG +1 clip please. No need to ramble on about "accuracy deviation of 0.003, kills per second, blah blah blah"
My Mods: http://tinyurl.com/753jhup
More Teams Suggestion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xl89ry - Show your support, vote YES =D
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/KirchuAlex253?feature=mhee
AlexKirchu

Postby Gorman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 am

AlexKirchu wrote:SMG: Needs more ammo. How many kills it can get compared to the rifle theoretically is irrelevant. The point is, the SMG chews through ammo a lot quicker than the Rifle does. I would appreciate maybe one more clip.

SMG needs more ammo, but not for that reason.
1. SMG is not as good at killing as rifle, and never will be. It's main purpose is support, taking out enemy cover and suppression.
2. Of course it chews through more ammo, it is an SMG! This alone is not a reason to give it more ammo.

"The journey is as important as the destination", as it is with logic too. Even if you arrive at the conclusion of "SMG needs more ammo", if your logic is poor or incorrect then I cannot agree.
Gorman
[LDR] Member

Postby rambo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm

If your hurt and confront an acurate smger ypur dead. Most people with smg arnt that accurate so i take my time head shoting them abd if i confront two pne with rifle i kill rifle first then smg. Smg is usefull in hily maps its hard well for me to get a head shot.
rambo

Previous

Return to Game