Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

Preventing Spawnkilling

Got a great new idea for the game?

no damage time

Postby sidex15 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 am

to be reduce spawn kill I think this idea for it.
I think that no damage time is for 10 second.
[img]file:///C:/Users/vimsky/Pictures/vibrate.jpg[/img]
sidex15

Re: no damage time

Postby scarfacemperor » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 am

5 seconds are enough, + disappear once you shoot a bullet. Just to let you the time to take cover, not to be surprised by spawnkillers. And only when you respawn normally, no spawn invincibility when you are in squad
The Scarmory : all my mods : viewtopic.php?f=71&t=6995
Mass Effect Pack V.7 Available - scopes (finally) included !
"cease fire, Grenadier ! The Old Guard only fights with the spade"
scarfacemperor

Postby Varun » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 am

I still don't know what this phobia with spawnkilling is. Why are they (Spawn campers) so universally hated? Granted, getting camped is unfair. But, it is part of the game. Its part of most shooters. It takes a while, but its possibru to kill campers. I don't do it much, but I do do it. Its a part of the game.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby ante185 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Varun wrote:I still don't know what this phobia with spawnkilling is. Why are they (Spawn campers) so universally hated? Granted, getting camped is unfair. But, it is part of the game. Its part of most shooters. It takes a while, but its possibru to kill campers. I don't do it much, but I do do it. Its a part of the game.

spawn camping is abuseing the games spawns.
ante185

Postby Varun » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 pm

How so? There is wave respawning, to allow a team to recoup and attack all at once against campers. How does it abuse? In my opinion, if one or two guys are camping, then shame on you for not killing one or two guys. If its a whole team, then thats a different matter.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Australia, where I will be in my bed from 0000 to 1300.

Postby Semper » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:15 pm

This isn't fair to the winning team.

Why? Because the other team is winning, they deserve it, They get through all of the losing teams base and they get spawn killing. If I were on the losing team I'd try really hard to gain up, with a little bit of teamwork we can get our base back again, For example - Goon Assault, The Green team was loosing, but about an era of 15 minutes we were getting our base back and sooner or later we were spawn camping them.

It's the loosing teams fault for not playing hard enough to beat the other team, So what does the winning team get in return? spawn killing.
Joined Delta: Monday August 13th, 2012.
>Thread stalkers
Semper
[DELTA] Member

Postby Varun » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Semper wrote:This isn't fair to the winning team.

Why? Because the other team is winning, they deserve it, They get through all of the losing teams base and they get spawn killing. If I were on the losing team I'd try really hard to gain up, with a little bit of teamwork we can get our base back again, For example - Goon Assault, The Green team was loosing, but about an era of 15 minutes we were getting our base back and sooner or later we were spawn camping them.

It's the loosing teams fault for not playing hard enough to beat the other team, So what does the winning team get in return? spawn killing.

Exactly. Blame only yourself and your team for your predicament. If you were careless enough to let a ton of guys camp you, then you deserve to be camped. It isn't so very easy to get into a camping position. It takes a fair bit of teamwork to camp a decent team. Remember that campers are always at a slight disadvantage. If the losing team manages to fight properly together, its difficult for the campers, who can't reinforce their friend once they die, to hold on. Its just a matter of playing well with a good team. Of course, if they're using squads, your job gets harder.

Finally though, here is one of my sayings. Spawncamping is only ever unfair when it happens to you. Thats what the mentality is. If you're doing it, its ok and fun. If it happens to you, its all "Booooooohhooooooo". I take camping in good grace because -

A) It almost never happens
B) It helps me test myself
C) In return I camp them back
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby Carrotstick » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Obviously you haven't tried spawnkilling.
Dat feeling.
Carrotstick
[SPQR] Member

Postby sidex15 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am

I want to suggest that no damage time because I HATE CHEATER AND AIMBOTS IN THE GAME!!
sidex15

Postby Varun » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:16 am

What the hell do aimbots and hackers have to do with camping? Its entirely possible to be good and kick arse. In fact, the really good players are usually even better than bots.
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby sidex15 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:19 am

Varun wrote:What the hell do aimbots and hackers have to do with camping? Its entirely possible to be good and kick arse. In fact, the really good players are usually even better than bots.

there are some are vote kick hackers they can cancel automaticaly
sidex15

Postby Varun » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:23 am

LOL. Who told you that? Are you one of those whiners that gets his arse kicked by someone, assumes that the person is hacking and tries to votekick them?

And when an admin cancels it and explains to you that he isn't hacking you're like "NOOOOO DUCK U. DEUCE IS AMPOT HAXXOR. KICK HIM."
Varun
{RS} Leader

Postby Carrotstick » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:28 am

sidex15 wrote:
Varun wrote:What the hell do aimbots and hackers have to do with camping? Its entirely possible to be good and kick arse. In fact, the really good players are usually even better.than bots.

there are some are vote kick hackers they can cancel automaticaly

You are one unknowledgeable crap.Stop making Grandfather stories and play the game.If you let the enemies in,its yourfriken fault.And if you are complaining about the aimbot,what does it have to do with Spawnkilling?Please explain.
and grow some bawls
Carrotstick
[SPQR] Member

Postby ugotpiez » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 am

Put simply, everyone likes spawn-killing. People getting spawn-killed don't like it. Wanna know how to reverse that? Kill the campers.

[IGN] USABxAIRLINES -- BOOYOxAIRLINES -- El Jefe -- Airlines
ugotpiez
[USAB] Member

Postby Paratrooper » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:56 am

There's already a nifty old thread about this:

viewtopic.php?f=234&t=504

Please continue your discussions over there.

EDIT: Merged topic.
To a Physicist, white and black is the presence and absence of color.
To a Fine Artist, white and black are just shades and tints of color.
To a Painter, any paint that you could get into a can is a color.
THIS color, on the other hand, is #b4d455.
Paratrooper
Local Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Game