Note: This forum is merely an archive. It is no longer possible to register or post. - StackOverflow
New Ace of Spades Forums: http://buildandshoot.com/

[Poll] Bullet Drop

Got a great new idea for the game?

Would you like to see bullet drop implemented?

Yes
55%
No
34%
I'm not sure.
11%

Total votes : 231

Re: [Poll] Bullet Drop

Postby MrHaaaaaaxFF » Fri May 11, 2012 5:24 pm

No worries guys, all of your problems are solved:
Twitter.com/#!/bcoolface
Look at the latest post.
Here's a touchin' story for ya: Once upon a time, you died and i live forever happily ever after. The end. Now go to hell.
MrHaaaaaaxFF
[FF] Leader

Location: Tellin' a touchin' story, description, AoS forums. Also, Vietnam.

Postby skully172 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 pm

actualy, its not a good idea. if the bullet takes a while to hit the target, people that are lagged (like me (200)) cant play , im not sure but i think that in the future they are going to add this, and people are aways making topics about this.
skully172

Postby Tek2 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

skully172 wrote:actualy, its not a good idea. if the bullet takes a while to hit the target, people that are lagged (like me (200)) cant play , im not sure but i think that in the future they are going to add this, and people are aways making topics about this.

Bullet drop doesn't necessarily mean hitscan would be removed.
Tek2

Postby corn99 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:54 pm

everyone that voted yes dosent seem to under stand the whole idea of aos. This was meant to be a simple game with simple things an the way it is right now is good enough for me. if you add bullet drop then it means more lag for the servers and ancient computers cant run it anymore
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby Tek2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 pm

corn99 wrote:everyone that voted yes dosent seem to under stand the whole idea of aos. This was meant to be a simple game with simple things an the way it is right now is good enough for me. if you add bullet drop then it means more lag for the servers and ancient computers cant run it anymore

And you are sure there will be any noticeable lag increase?
Tek2

Postby zephir » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

skully172 wrote:actualy, its not a good idea. if the bullet takes a while to hit the target, people that are lagged (like me (200)) cant play , im not sure but i think that in the future they are going to add this, and people are aways making topics about this.

yeah me too, I believe it'll cause a serious problem with people who suffers high lag.
if you're leading and compensating for bullet drop + like 150 ping, you'll be lucky to hit anything at all.
before aloha moved right next to me I was playing with 200 ping and it's pretty hard to hit people due to that. add bullet drop & leading and it'll give people with more lag (whether their internet sucks or they're just too far from a server) an unfair disadvantage against people like me who are lucky enough to practically live right next to the server.

I think bullet-drop & leading should not be implemented, at least until the lag evens out across all the servers. I know my ping can range from 30- aloha to more than 400 if I play on a foreign server. I think it just wouldn't be fair to whose who play with alot of ping.
zephir

Postby corn99 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 pm

i currently get 360 ping on any over seas server. I live in australia and theres not many servers that is based here. With bullet drop i might as well as not play
corn99
[C.A.M.B] Leader

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:52 am

corn99 wrote:everyone that voted yes dosent seem to under stand the whole idea of aos. This was meant to be a simple game with simple things an the way it is right now is good enough for me. if you add bullet drop then it means more lag for the servers and ancient computers cant run it anymore

bullet drop isnt that complicated... and if your computer has a hard time running a server, it has no business hosting a server. lets not forget that this wasnt supposed to be a simple game, it was supposed to be easy for people to run (this does not necessarily mean that it was meant to be complicated either).
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby ante185 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm

let me explain how RL bullet drop works: every bullet falls down to earth at the same speed, so if we say a 9mm hits the dirt after 10 seconds, a .50cal would also hit the dirt after 10 senconds. its the speed to bullet is travaling that matters, a .50cal BMG travels a lot faster then a 9x19, so even if the 9mm and the 50 hits the ground at the exact same time the 50 would've travled alot longer.

so the only thing they will have to do is add a code that pulls the bullets down, and a code for each weapon that tells how fast their bullets are travaling
ante185

Postby Sniper101 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Just because there is bullet drop doesn't mean that there is bullet lag. Bullets are still going to go at infinite speed.
ImageImage
Sniper101
[DELTA] Member

Postby DrunkenChild » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

Im all for this but I find it that all of the duces are ya let's do this but when we add it, they will all complain oh its to hard get rid of it.
want to see a magic trick click the pic

http://ace-spades.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6420&p=179752&hilit=drunk#p179752

There is only 5 in a six pack
I'm not fat, it's just a beer belly
DrunkenChild

Postby ThisFrickinSite » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:48 pm

ante185 wrote:let me explain how RL bullet drop works: every bullet falls down to earth at the same speed, so if we say a 9mm hits the dirt after 10 seconds, a .50cal would also hit the dirt after 10 senconds. its the speed to bullet is travaling that matters, a .50cal BMG travels a lot faster then a 9x19, so even if the 9mm and the 50 hits the ground at the exact same time the 50 would've travled alot longer.

so the only thing they will have to do is add a code that pulls the bullets down, and a code for each weapon that tells how fast their bullets are travaling

FALSE

The closer you are to the core of the earth or the exact center of the gravity field, the stronger the gravity's affect on objecs is. There fore, firing a bullet at the top of mount everest will technically fall slower then one shot at death valley. Since this gravity increase also applies to air, the air is much less dense at the top of mount everest, and that causes the bullet speed to decay slower ovver time.
ThisFrickinSite
{RS} Member

Postby Commodore » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:55 pm

If bullets would be dropped as a special sort of blocks, that still would be easy to run
IGN: Commodore T.M.N
Commodore

Postby Rauder » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:38 pm

ThisFrickinSite wrote:
ante185 wrote:let me explain how RL bullet drop works

FALSE

The closer you are to the core of the earth or the exact center of the gravity field, the stronger the gravity's affect on objecs is. There fore, firing a bullet at the top of mount everest will technically fall slower then one shot at death valley. Since this gravity increase also applies to air, the air is much less dense at the top of mount everest, and that causes the bullet speed to decay slower ovver time.

While technically true, it makes no sense to have the bullets shot from different heights if you're just looking at the relationship between mass and flight time. Same goes for differing air densities and velocity.

Not that the gravitation field and air density should even be modeled in-game, the effect would be so minimal with the altitudes on the maps it makes more sense to use a uniform field of gravity and to ignore air resistance.
Rauder

Postby demo123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Geez...When did this thread turn into a "Who's a bigger nerd" thread.
I already stated my opinion about this suggestion.
Demonic Anti-Atheist Croatian(said by ChaosTLW)
Want a sig similar to mine. Send me a PM.
Screw YOLO. YOLT ftw.
demo123
[SPQR] Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game